Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to delete Steel Path Enemies?

Aguzo

Question

Can't seem to delete level 100+ Steel Path enemies and normal level 150+ Corpus Tech Eximus enemies with ease.

My Baza prime can delete normal level 150+ Grineer, Corrupted, and Infested Eximus enemies in 1-3 seconds, but not Corpus Eximus (2-3 magazines) or any level 100+ Steel Path enemies (5-10 seconds).

Here's my build. Riven is 117% crit dmg, 43% mag cap, 79% electricity, -49% zoom. Maybe I need more zoom...

Relying only on a primary weapon, is the Baza Prime just not viable for steel path? What do I need for Steel Path?

GQzkTTs.jpg

6 answers to this question

SP enemies have a lot more health, armor and shield than their non-steel path counterparts. So until you're more comfortable, you'll want to lean into the meta a bit more, which may mean changing your elements.

Looks like you're using corrosive? You'll want to either switch that to be Viral so your slash procs do a lot more damage, or at the very least make sure you're apply viral by some other means.

As for corpus, you're better off ditching HM and just going for Toxin, as toxin completely bypasses shields (slash procs don't).

Eventually, you may want to switch serration for galvanized aptitude. However, to get the most out of that mod, you may need to have a look at your entire loadout and consider ways to get more status effects e.g. from your companion, your abilities, and your other weapons.

the build is okay, but could be better

here is a list of valid elemental combos:

• viral slash
  • corrosive heat (radiation)
  • corrosive cold (radiation)

you may notice that your combination, corrosive slash, isn't there. that's because corrosive and slash do not interact with each other. corrosive reduces enemy armor, but slash procs are already bypassing it, so corrosive does nothing besides do a ton of damage to ferrite armor, and in steel path, theres not a lot of ferrite armor enemies, most of them have alloy armor.

your riven has electric, so you'll want to be using corrosive for the armor reduction. not a bad thing luckily, as slash really only starts to matter somewhere between level 300 and levelcap. adding heat to that will strip even more armor so you do more damage.

as for the changes to the build, replace hunter munitions with a heat mod to make corrosive heat, then replace serration for (primed) shred to get fire rate and punch through

12 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

the build is okay, but could be better

here is a list of valid elemental combos:

• viral slash
  • corrosive heat (radiation)
  • corrosive cold (radiation)

you may notice that your combination, corrosive slash, isn't there. that's because corrosive and slash do not interact with each other. corrosive reduces enemy armor, but slash procs are already bypassing it, so corrosive does nothing besides do a ton of damage to ferrite armor, and in steel path, theres not a lot of ferrite armor enemies, most of them have alloy armor.

your riven has electric, so you'll want to be using corrosive for the armor reduction. not a bad thing luckily, as slash really only starts to matter somewhere between level 300 and levelcap. adding heat to that will strip even more armor so you do more damage.

as for the changes to the build, replace hunter munitions with a heat mod to make corrosive heat, then replace serration for (primed) shred to get fire rate and punch through

Rerolled my riven and got a crit chance and crit damage one. So if they have alloy armor, do I need to use radiation for grineer? What does punch through do?

4 hours ago, Aguzo said:

So if they have alloy armor, do I need to use radiation for grineer?

you can, but there are still ferrite armor enemies, so I would say use corrosive heat

4 hours ago, Aguzo said:

What does punch through do?

makes bullets go through enemies so you can hit more of them if they're lined up

19 hours ago, Aguzo said:

Can't seem to delete level 100+ Steel Path enemies and normal level 150+ Corpus Tech Eximus enemies with ease.

My Baza prime can delete normal level 150+ Grineer, Corrupted, and Infested Eximus enemies in 1-3 seconds, but not Corpus Eximus (2-3 magazines) or any level 100+ Steel Path enemies (5-10 seconds).

Here's my build. Riven is 117% crit dmg, 43% mag cap, 79% electricity, -49% zoom. Maybe I need more zoom...

Relying only on a primary weapon, is the Baza Prime just not viable for steel path? What do I need for Steel Path?

GQzkTTs.jpg

Mod for Viral and Slash (HM). Get Galvanized Aptitude instead of Serration, it will outperform Serration thanks to Baza's high RoF and SC.

Getting punch through would help but I'd put it on the Riven instead of using things like Shred.

I have a similar build with the difference of: Galvanized Aptitude instead of Serration, Primed Cryo Rounds instead of Galvanized Scope, and Primary Frostbite instead of Primary Deadhead. My Riven is CD, PT, Toxin. It melts Steel Path enemies like you don't even know you're doing Steel Path.

Archived