Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframetrading - Price Lists For Mods

IamSalva

@ AceofDoom

Is it killing the market that there is a price on the Toast in your Supermarket and you don´t haggle with the Seller everytime about how much you pay for the Toast?

I finished a Economy College and never did i learn that Price lists are a No Go for Trading... quiet the opposite... 

@kuliise

You try to turn around what i said. Sorry but i don´t get down to that levle. 

Edited by IamSalva

@ AceofDoom

Is it killing the market that there is a price on the Toast in your Supermarket and you don´t haggle with the Seller everytime about how much you pay for the Toast?

I finished a Economy College and never did i learn that Price lists are a No Go for Trading... quiet the opposite... 

@kuliise

You try to turn around what i said. Sorry but i don´t get down to that levle. Believ

If this should happen, that would prove that the site was very needed and asked for, because this can only happen if nearly every player uses the site for reference.

Also it will all shake up with new mod releases, even in the unlikley case that this would happen.

Nearly every player WILL use your site as reference. It's almost guaranteed. Which means that yes, you will be dictating the prices.

And game markets are very different from real life markets. 

I have been playing for quite a while, but when it comes to the platinum value of stuff, I'm rather lost.

To the guy that said there's no "ripping off..." do you even live in this planet?

To be honest we all saw this coming; with trading comes scamming. A reference list would be mostly useful for newbs and a fatal blow for predators. "Free market" my Vulkar.

Of course afterwards comes the corruption of the reference lists themselves, like what you guys pointed in TF2. Because scammers will always scam, one way or another; that's how it goes with the human race.

Some sort of suggested Price would be welcome specially (or maybe only) if it came from DE, but I doubt they will. At this point trading is like some dark deep shark waters, I limit myself to watch the channel from time to time.

Some sort of suggested Price would be welcome specially (or maybe only) if it came from DE, but I doubt they will. At this point trading is like some dark deep shark waters, I limit myself to watch the channel from time to time.

It's nowhere near as bad as you suggest.

Here's an example.

You want to sell a maxed Redirection mod, but you have no idea of the value.

You can:

Search the forum here to see what transactions have occurred.

Post a "wtb Redirection" comment in the trade channel and gather information on the price range.

Post a "wts" and see how the offers you get tallly up with the range.

Then you can make an informed decision.

This process is not beyond anyone, and doesn't take much to figure out.

A list will only do one thing. It starts out as a reflection of the market, but ends up dictating the market. This isn't good because it limits trading to referencing the list and everyone selling at the same price = no contest.

Prices should be in constant flux. 

Players should use their own deductions to choose a price range they're comfortable with.

Bartering should be encouraged, with people who can negotiate well being rewarded for their efforts.

If you make a list that becomes popular, no one will deviate from it. It will end up dictating the values of things which could actually make it more unfair for players with little platinum.

A list will only do one thing. It starts out as a reflection of the market, but ends up dictating the market. This isn't good because it limits trading to referencing the list and everyone selling at the same price = no contest.

Prices should be in constant flux. 

Players should use their own deductions to choose a price range they're comfortable with.

Bartering should be encouraged, with people who can negotiate well being rewarded for their efforts.

This is only true and good if you see "trading" as the game.

If you see trading only as a way to get things you want to, to play the game with them, you want to put in as little time as possible while avoid getting ripped off.

If you see trading only as a way to get things you want to, to play the game with them, you want to put in as little time as possible while avoid getting ripped off.

The method he described is what i, and most ppl, always do. Even if the game is not even close to that.

Firstly, it is VERY easy to take the steps I mentioned, it'll hardly take any time at all.

And your list could make it more difficult for poorer players to "put in as little time as possible".

Example.

Mod x sells for price range 100-250 platinum.

Some people sell it quick for 100, some try to get as much as 250.

Right now, a new player with little platinum has the chance to get the mod for 100 platinum.

However, you introduce a list that shows this range and most players will see "250".

The list will dictate the value, and the lower price range will become much rarer.

Which means new players would potentially have to put in much more time to gather the platinum they need to afford the mod they want.

Right now it takes VERY little effort to make yourself aware of the ranges for each item.

All a list would do is dictate the values as the majority of players would only sell for the highest price in the range.

Edited by Zakalwe

Based on what people have said about TF2 and trading, I don't want this website... I'll just do the same thing I have always done. Check trading channel and search forums. It's not hard.

For anyone who thinks we are exaggerating about TF2's economy here is a link to a weapon that has NO STATS over other melee selling for 5k USD (no, not kidding):

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3203287

The way i see it is that market is gettign saturated already... its a matter of time until the "chinese" styel farmers start to sell cheap plat for real money.

They grind for mods, undercut normal players - and sell plat for real money.

Some mod price has dropped so low that its not even worth the time it took to farm it.

The system is dooemd to crash - but DE is makig nso much money off it that theyll most likely just close the eye and ignore it.

Yeah.. mod prices really droped off a lot... i think part of the problem is how much 1 Plat is worth in $/Eur. 

If we would have 1700 Plat for 10$/€ instead of 170 there would be lot more wiggle room for trading.

But i don´t think there is any money to be made by farmers.. there are currently nearly no mods you can farm with a farmbot or similar that sell for anything over 5 Plat.

As you can´t trade more than 3 Mods at a time it will take them ages getting enough Plat to sell with selling Flow/Focus/Streamlines for cheap.

Would be great to get some input on Prices and Lists for maxed Mods!

What are resonable Prices for Maxed 10Rank mods Common/Uncommon/Rare

Is it a difference for you what Rare or Uncommon it is? (e.g. is maxed Vitality worth more than maxed Redirection? Is Maxed Reflexguard the same as maxed Narrow Minded?)

Input on Prices for Fusion Cores would also be helpfull. Atm it seems because of trade limits only Rares are somehow worth trading? Or anyone trading with Uncommon Fusion Cores?

..no need for this site....ppl allready know or can ask on chat how many plat is one or other mod worth...waste of time,its free market,so what you gonna do dictate prices..???and you can fooll somebody just once,thats a bad trade,doing trade like that,,so??

Guys g.l. but find some girls or take wifes to dinner,dk how old you are,better idea...then waste time on tracking prices...

I have to seriously say something here.

Adding a "Price list" to a game like this is something totally Wrong. Mostly because it's demand and offer what matters, and we can't judge a mod for it's "rarity" if there's no real demand or offer.

That's my way of thinking it.

I get the feeling that you're one of those people that charges massive amounts of platinum for mods and gets away with it. Now that people have a baseline for mod prices, you're scared. This is a nice guideline, and it's really well done for a user project. Congrats OP!

I get the feeling that you're one of those people that charges massive amounts of platinum for mods and gets away with it. Now that people have a baseline for mod prices, you're scared. This is a nice guideline, and it's really well done for a user project. Congrats OP!

Just gonna get you look at my post so you rethink what you're saying about me.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/138340-mods-liquidation-your-plat-wont-be-hurt-here/

Look at my prices and tell me if i'm charging "massive amounts of platinum for mods" :)

All i had to do to put those prices, was spend an hour in the forums checking posts, and posting myself, and just lower overall prices a bit.

Now literally everyone i'm seeing around here charge around those prices for those mods. That's how a market works, not with a spreadsheet.

Half the forum (or more) already expressed their opinion about this post, and they were with me.

Half the forum (or more) already expressed their opinion about this post, and they were with me.

Look again. It was 2-4 Users, posting multiple times.

We get LOTS of good feedback and thanks from our Comment Forms on the page.

(And our Klicks/Visitor Numbers also tell me that lots of players find our page helpfull and use it.)

Look again. It was 2-4 Users, posting multiple times.

We get LOTS of good feedback and thanks from our Comment Forms on the page.

(And our Klicks/Visitor Numbers also tell me that lots of players find our page helpfull and use it.)

You say that, but you never knew about what was behind those 2 - 4 users.

You keep looking at your "lots" of feedback as many ppl, but i can assure you ther are also many against it.

About time to stop whinning. If this guy wants to put up such website he's free to do so.

Opinions are obviously split about this, and yes it was like 2-4 people throwing the stones. If you think there are more people behind them, same goes for the supporters.

About the TF2 comparison, well buying anything for such high prices is plain stupid IMO. If it's out of my wallet I just ignore it. Nobody's gonna die for not having a virtual thing. If you need to waste so much money to have a little fun, you've got issues, for real.