Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the Incarnon adaptor weapons doesn't retain their custom skin?

This is not me complaining, or reporting a bug or anything in particular, but just a honest question.

So, I have a Telos Boltor with the Deluxe Bravura skin, and I put the Incarnon adaptor to it. So I expected that the incarnon void protrusions to either be placed on the Deluxe skin (even if it doesn't fit that well) or to not have those void protrusions when running with a skin.

Instead, the skin gets removed completely in the incarnon mode.

So the question is, why DE decided to go that route? I can understand that the void protrusions aren't a separated 3D model and when changing to that mode the weapon changes to a new 3D model, but I would prefer my weapon to keep the Deluxe skin.

• Like 7

I wish it was a toggleable thingy like some prime details are. I like it on Lex, because I use the teeny tiny "mundane modern earth" Nightwave pistol skin, and when I activate Incarnon it turns into the Bigass Lex which is, fun. From cartoonishly smol pistol to Powered Up cartoonishly large pistol.

I don't like it on Bronco, Bronco looks ugly so I use the Nightwave revolver skin with it (6 shots in between reloads *chef's kiss*) but the powered up form turns back into the meh icky Bronco. A toggle feature would be best

Edited by (XBOX)CaligulaTwily
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ElecDeathblade said:

This is not me complaining, or reporting a bug or anything in particular, but just a honest question.

So, I have a Telos Boltor with the Deluxe Bravura skin, and I put the Incarnon adaptor to it. So I expected that the incarnon void protrusions to either be placed on the Deluxe skin (even if it doesn't fit that well) or to not have those void protrusions when running with a skin.

Instead, the skin gets removed completely in the incarnon mode.

So the question is, why DE decided to go that route? I can understand that the void protrusions aren't a separated 3D model and when changing to that mode the weapon changes to a new 3D model, but I would prefer my weapon to keep the Deluxe skin.

I know they made weapon skins not work on the Incarnon Mode on the Zariman Guns so wouldn't be surprised if they followed the same rule with the Incarnon Genesis weapons as well. But it definitely sucks the Incarnon Mode on the Genesis ones gets rid of the skins we use completely for coding purposes. 

• Like 2

If I was to be extremely picky, I wished they just made unique models they flat out swap to like with the OG Incarnon weapons. There would just be 1 full void angel model for that weapon series. The Transformed Boltor Void model would be the same across base, telos, and prime for example. It would still overwrite the model of the weapon regardless of the skin you're using but it would be more visually impressive. I get that would mean slightly more work for the art team but if they're going to go through the effort or making the void goop on the pre existing models why not just go the extra to be more visually striking in a game that prides itself in its visuals? Seems like a wasted opportunity.

On 2023-05-11 at 8:19 PM, GPrime96 said:

I know they made weapon skins not work on the Incarnon Mode on the Zariman Guns so wouldn't be surprised if they followed the same rule with the Incarnon Genesis weapons as well. But it definitely sucks the Incarnon Mode on the Genesis ones gets rid of the skins we use completely for coding purposes. 

And I just saw this as soon as I posted. If that really is the case, then they really should had just made a full on Incarnon model for the weapon series if the transformation just overwrites what skin is on the gun due to coding issues.

Edited by PR1D3