Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mining with resources chance buff?

charles7ii

Question

Is there any way to turn off the resource chance buff that you bought from the store?

I find myself in a weird situation after buying the resource chance buff, as I can barely find any red mines, which I need to farm the most.

1 hour ago, charles7ii said:

Is there any way to turn off the resource chance buff that you bought from the store?

I find myself in a weird situation after buying the resource chance buff, as I can barely find any red mines, which I need to farm the most.

Red veins didnt stop spawning just because you got a booster. Its all random.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 3

You can also mine the blue ones while you are at it (if you do not need anything  in parrticular you can speed mine them).  This may or may not rerspawn more veins, some of which may be red.

Edited by Zakkhar

2023/5/28 PM5点09分 , MaxTunnerX 说:

Red veins didnt stop spawning just because you got a booster. Its all random.

its not stop spawning , just reduce

2023/5/28 PM6点05分 , Zakkhar 说:

You can also mine the blue ones while you are at it (if you do not need anything  in parrticular you can speed mine them).  This may or may not rerspawn more veins, some of which may be red.

3小时前 , hyzmarca 说:

Resource drop chance buffs only apply to drops from enemies.  It doesn't impact mining at all.  

To find red mining nodes,  I suggest looking in caves.  Caves tend to be dense with mining nodes.

Funny thing is, I have noticed this problem for years. I just never posted it online. I was hoping this buff would work on the Duviri update, and with the update, this part may change.

And it's not just that. Every time Baro Ki'Teer comes to trade or when there is an active event on the big map, those ore veins also respond in a different way.

I can mine a little at a time, but it just feels like the Deimos update again...

2分钟前 , MaxTunnerX 说:

Thats irrelevant, it still doesnt make any change if you have the booster or not.

It used to have 250~400 ores every run, now it's sometimes 150 ores. And 25/35 red/blue now is like 10/50.

So, I just had 20 bad runs with the same spawn? I wouldn't have even noticed it if there wasn't such a big difference. This has been happening for years, and I've stopped buying chance drops if I really need the ores.

Well, I can't cancel the buff, and you seem very convinced of what you said. Nothing can be done at this point anyway.

5 hours ago, charles7ii said:

It used to have 250~400 ores every run, now it's sometimes 150 ores. And 25/35 red/blue now is like 10/50.

So, I just had 20 bad runs with the same spawn? I wouldn't have even noticed it if there wasn't such a big difference. This has been happening for years, and I've stopped buying chance drops if I really need the ores.

Well, I can't cancel the buff, and you seem very convinced of what you said. Nothing can be done at this point anyway.

Do a 1000 runs, show me screenshot/video evidence and then we can talk about whats real and what isnt in a proper scientific way. Until then I call BS because it makes no damn sense.

11 hours ago, hyzmarca said:

Resource drop chance buffs only apply to drops from enemies.  It doesn't impact mining at all.  

Blue booster increases the amount of blue veins and increases fish spawn on top of chance to drop resource from enemy kills. It was added very long ago to add some value compared to orange (around when they added Tridolons I think)

Spoiler

Marked timestamp with data, I don't like statistics

Edited by RobWasHere
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Do a 1000 runs, show me screenshot/video evidence and then we can talk about whats real and what isnt in a proper scientific way. Until then I call BS because it makes no damn sense.

Or you could just look at the official patchnotes and get the real info straight from DE themselves:

Changes

• Resource Drop Chance Boosters now affect Mining and Fishing, doubling the chance to get gems and the base number of fish spawns! (Previously only regular Resource Boosters affected the Plains)

(22.12.0 Patchnotes)

Notice how it specifically says "chance to get gems". So when a mining vein spawns, a drop chance booster increases the chance for that vein to contain a gem (blue vein) instead of an ore (red vein), thus reducing the amount of ores you get overall.

• Like 2

8小时前 , RobWasHere 说:

Blue booster increases the amount of blue veins and increases fish spawn on top of chance to drop resource from enemy kills. It was added very long ago to add some value compared to orange (around when they added Tridolons I think)

展现隐藏的内容

Marked timestamp with data, I don't like statistics

5小时前 , KingOfRisen 说:

Or you could just look at the official patchnotes and get the real info straight from DE themselves:

(22.12.0 Patchnotes)

Notice how it specifically says "chance to get gems". So when a mining vein spawns, a drop chance booster increases the chance for that vein to contain a gem (blue vein) instead of an ore (red vein), thus reducing the amount of ores you get overall.

Thanks for the answer. I thought I had seen this somewhere before, but I wasn't sure about its authenticity. Maybe I could make a feedback post suggesting they add that info to the store.

10 hours ago, KingOfRisen said:

Why would blue veins spawn more often? Only the gem chance increases so you get higher % of getting a gem from the vein rather than something else from the vein.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

9 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

higher % of getting a gem from the vein rather than something else from the vein

Which is exactly what I wrote.

19 hours ago, KingOfRisen said:

increases the chance for that vein to contain a gem (blue vein) instead of an ore (red vein)

I don't see where the confusion is coming from.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KingOfRisen said:

a drop chance booster increases the chance for that vein to contain a gem (blue vein) instead of an ore (red vein), thus reducing the amount of ores you get overall.

So yeah you totally said blue vein overwrites red vein, which is just not a thing. Its the gem WITHIN blue vein that overrides ore ALSO in the blue vein. What you said is that gem from blue vein somehow makes red veins disappear, but we both agreed that the booster works within the vein itself, aka blue vs blue and red vs red, theres no blue vs red stuff.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

1 hour ago, MaxTunnerX said:

So yeah you totally said blue vein overwrites red vein, which is just not a thing. Its the gem WITHIN blue vein that overrides ore ALSO in the blue vein. What you said is that gem from blue vein somehow makes red veins disappear, but we both agreed that the booster works within the vein itself, aka blue vs blue and red vs red, theres no blue vs red stuff.

Ah, now I see the issue, you're missing some info on how mining works. Vein colours aren't random, they're indicators of whether the vein contains an ore or a gem. A blue vein will always give gems, and only gems. A red vein (or yellow in Cambion Drift) will always give ores, and only ores. They can give bonus gems if you hit the small extra bracket that sometimes appears, but the main reward of the vein is still always an ore. There literally is no such thing as an ore in a blue vein. Go ahead, try it in game. You could mine until you die of old age and still never get an ore from a blue vein.

So since the chance to get a gem is hard set to 100% in blue veins and 0% in red/yellow ones, the only way for a drop chance booster to give players more gems is to affect the veins themselves, increasing the amount of blue gem veins at the cost of red/yellow ore veins.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KingOfRisen said:

Ah, now I see the issue, you're missing some info on how mining works. Vein colours aren't random, they're indicators of whether the vein contains an ore or a gem. A blue vein will always give gems, and only gems. A red vein (or yellow in Cambion Drift) will always give ores, and only ores. They can give bonus gems if you hit the small extra bracket that sometimes appears, but the main reward of the vein is still always an ore. There literally is no such thing as an ore in a blue vein. Go ahead, try it in game. You could mine until you die of old age and still never get an ore from a blue vein.

So since the chance to get a gem is hard set to 100% in blue veins and 0% in red/yellow ones, the only way for a drop chance booster to give players more gems is to affect the veins themselves, increasing the amount of blue gem veins at the cost of red/yellow ore veins.

Oh I see. But doesnt the booster just give you extra gem or better gem instead of spawning more blue veins? Its such a weird concept to me, why the hell would it work differently? Ive never seen a game change actual in game assets based on a chance booster for something. But perhaps this game really does it.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

1 hour ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Oh I see. But doesnt the booster just give you extra gem or better gem instead of spawning more blue veins? Its such a weird concept to me, why the hell would it work differently? Ive never seen a game change actual in game assets based on a chance booster for something. But perhaps this game really does it.

Well, the patchnotes say that the drop chance booster doubles "the chance to get gems". It doesn't mention anything about giving more gems per vein or making rare gems more common. And as you can see in the video RobWasHere linked, the booster does also result in more common gems, not just rare ones.

Why exactly DE decided to do it this way is something only they know, we can just guess. Since both the rarity and the amount of ores/gems you get from a vein is affected by how good your timing was during the minigame, it might have just been easier to do it this way, I don't know. But also, because the normal resource booster already makes you get more stuff per vein, just having the drop chance booster do the same thing would've been a bit weird. And looking through the Wiki it seems like the rare gems are mostly used for cosmetics, most equipment just uses the normal and uncommon ones, so maybe they thought that players wouldn't find a booster that specifically gives more rare gems as useful. Those are just some random guesses though, only DE could really explain the reason it works the way it does.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KingOfRisen said:

But also, because the normal resource booster already makes you get more stuff per vein, just having the drop chance booster do the same thing would've been a bit weird. 

No, it wouldnt. It already works like that for all other resources. Its regarded as a small amount resource booster by most players.

10 hours ago, CosmicHermitCrab said:

image.png

reference: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mining

Double (x2) Resource Booster makes you get double the quantity of gem deposits.
Resource Drop Chance Booster boosts the odds or frequency of gem deposits, and doesn't affect the spawns of the veins either.

Well there we have it. I guess there has been misunderstanding regarding the "deposit" and "vein", cause these are not synonyms as someone might think.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

8 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

No, it wouldnt. It already works like that for all other resources.

It doesn't. You talked about getting extra gems from a single vein, which is what a resource booster does. It doubles the amount of stuff you get per drop. The drop chance booster works completely differently, it gives you more drops, each with the normal amount of stuff per drop. While both of them can give you extra resources overall, this difference is very important. A drop chance booster can't get you more Void Traces from closing a fissure, it can't get you more Kuva from a siphon or more Steel Essence from an Acolyte and so on. Only a resource booster helps in those scenarios.

8 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Well there we have it. I guess there has been misunderstanding regarding the "deposit" and "vein", cause these are not synonyms as someone might think.

Those terms mean the exact same thing. Just browse through the patch history at the bottom of the wiki page and you'll see that DE themselves randomly switches between calling them veins, deposits, mining spots and other things.

36 minutes ago, KingOfRisen said:

It doesn't. You talked about getting extra gems from a single vein, which is what a resource booster does. It doubles the amount of stuff you get per drop. The drop chance booster works completely differently, it gives you more drops, each with the normal amount of stuff per drop. While both of them can give you extra resources overall, this difference is very important. A drop chance booster can't get you more Void Traces from closing a fissure, it can't get you more Kuva from a siphon or more Steel Essence from an Acolyte and so on. Only a resource booster helps in those scenarios.

And who was talking about those? I was talking about the ores and gems and also about other resources like ferrite and stuff. And truth is, people take resource chance blessing because the amount one doesnt exist and even resource chance gives you extra resources. Smaller amount but still better than no booster. As for the rest, well I guess its back to the "do a 1000 runs and let me know how it worked out" scenario as relying on patchnotes or whatever else being said just doesnt hold any value.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

24 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

And who was talking about those? I was talking about the ores and gems and also about other resources like ferrite and stuff.

You literally said "all other resources". Not just ores, gems or stuff like Ferrite, "all other resources". And even for Ferrite and such your point is still just wrong. A few comments back you said "doesn't the booster just give you extra gems [...] instead of spawning more blue veins?". You explicitly exclude more veins here, which means you were talking about getting extra gems from one vein. I replied that that would just be the same as a normal resource booster. You then said that it already works that way for other resources. Since this is wrong, I explained how the two booster types are different (amount per drop vs amount of drops) and illustrated my point with some examples.

44 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

As for the rest, well I guess its back to the "do a 1000 runs and let me know how it worked out" scenario as relying on patchnotes or whatever else being said just doesnt hold any value.

At this point, I just can't help you. We have official info from the devs as well as player testing (as shown in the video linked earlier in the thread) and player anecdotes. All of these line up to say the same thing. You're the one going against everything we know, so the burden of proof is on you. So at least do those 1000 runs yourself then instead of telling OP to waste countless hours of their life to prove something we already know just because you can't be bothered to accept known facts for some reason. Do the runs, gather the data and make a forum post publishing your findings when you're done.

Anyway, this discussion seems to be going nowhere. I'm done wasting my time with this, so I'll stop replying after this. Have a nice day.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KingOfRisen said:

You literally said "all other resources". Not just ores, gems or stuff like Ferrite, "all other resources". And even for Ferrite and such your point is still just wrong. A few comments back you said "doesn't the booster just give you extra gems [...] instead of spawning more blue veins?". You explicitly exclude more veins here, which means you were talking about getting extra gems from one vein. I replied that that would just be the same as a normal resource booster. You then said that it already works that way for other resources. Since this is wrong, I explained how the two booster types are different (amount per drop vs amount of drops) and illustrated my point with some examples.

At this point, I just can't help you. We have official info from the devs as well as player testing (as shown in the video linked earlier in the thread) and player anecdotes. All of these line up to say the same thing. You're the one going against everything we know, so the burden of proof is on you. So at least do those 1000 runs yourself then instead of telling OP to waste countless hours of their life to prove something we already know just because you can't be bothered to accept known facts for some reason. Do the runs, gather the data and make a forum post publishing your findings when you're done.

Anyway, this discussion seems to be going nowhere. I'm done wasting my time with this, so I'll stop replying after this. Have a nice day.

There is literally no video in this entire topic. Secondly, no matter how you get more resources, you still get more resources with any resource booster regardless of whether its chance or amount (thats their friggin point, hence the name "resource" boosters), the only exceptions being the traces and whatever where it differs. And yeah, since the OPs claim is unheard of I dare say the burden is on him, especially when I literally never saw like only blue veins just cause I got a chance booster myself. But ultimately, nobody needs to prove anything, its just that if someone complains about something, I expect them to show me that the problem really exists before taking them seriously.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

2 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

There is literally no video in this entire topic.

There is in my post, in the spoiler. And its not that the booster will turn all red veins into blue, just some of them. It is mostly visible in the caves where there are a lot of veins.

On 2023-05-31 at 11:19 PM, MaxTunnerX said:

Thats irrelevant, it still doesnt make any change if you have the booster or not.

Yes it does. Blue booster makes more gem nodes appear than without, it also makes more fish spawn.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

There is in my post, in the spoiler. And its not that the booster will turn all red veins into blue, just some of them. It is mostly visible in the caves where there are a lot of veins.

Oh thanks, it was well hidden.

Edited by MaxTunnerX