The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Primed Shred disappear from the game?

Thanatos2709

17 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I don't think you can delete /sell the last mod of its type ,

Though i may be wrong - could someone verify.

There are several posts of people accidentally dissolving the login reward mods for endo in various places - see for example this one from last year - so they're not protected. 

It baffles me that these mods aren't available for re-purchase from Simaris, unlike the other login rewards.

8 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

With PSF, you don't need to be at a distance to fire an AOE weapon.

You also don't need to use cautious shot opening up the exilus slot for ammo mutation (primaries only I believe).

You also don't need to run a frame with status immunity, so you also don't need to worry about scorpions/ancients pulling you from every direction in SP.

When you realize how big a game changer PSF is for weapons with a radial component, you'll understand my point.

Here's a full list of ways to avoid stagger. There's a lot. 

Enough for it to be a non issue. That's how things work, put the time in like everyone else if you want certain perks. 

You feeling it's ultimately unfair doesn't really matter because you voluntarily chose to participate in the service. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stagger#Sources_of_Stagger_Resistance

17 mods, 16 frames which becomes all frames with the helminth as well. 

You would have a very valid point if all these options weren't there.

Edit: and an update was made to scorpion pulls so people can counter them, so no excuse there either.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Here's a full list of ways to avoid stagger. There's a lot. 

Enough for it to be a non issue. That's how things work, put the time in like everyone else if you want certain perks. 

You feeling it's ultimately unfair doesn't really matter because you voluntarily chose to participate in the service. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stagger#Sources_of_Stagger_Resistance

17 mods, 16 frames which becomes all frames with the helminth as well. 

You would have a very valid point if all these options weren't there.

Edit: and an update was made to scorpion pulls so people can counter them, so no excuse there either.

How many of them have the mod slot efficiency of PSF? Yeah. Helminthing over an ability JUST for knockdown immunity also isn't all that great compared to simply slotting in 1 singular mod in the exilus slot.

And like I said, you can still be caught off guard. I never argued that enemies with pulls had no counterplay, but rather PSF ensures you can never be caught off guard.

So... I'm not sure why you're arguing against a point I never made.

Just because I play the game, it does not mean I cannot ask for it to be better. That's literally the entire point of the forums.

There's more to my argument than just "it's not fair!!!" you know, if you bothered to think a bit. 

On 2023-06-01 at 6:09 PM, Skoomaseller said:

I'd agree if it was something inconsequential. #*!% it they could lock a Peculiar mod behind milestones and I wouldn't mind.

But like you said, PSF (and the others, to a lesser extent Primed Vigor) being such a game changer yet locked behind login milestones is not a good thing for the game.

I'd say primed vigor and primed shred are both fine to have behind a login wall, since although they're unique and provide extra power, you can get their full effect with other mods, unlike PSF.

On 2023-06-01 at 11:18 PM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

You're letting a meta mindset talk thru you with a false statement. Shouldn't let that happen.

It has nothing to do with meta, the ability to fully ignore knockdowns and staggers is entirely unique to PSF outside of certain abilities/passives, which makes it uniquely positioned to be the only login mod reward you can't make up for with other mods. I hardly touch explosive weapons anymore since the ammo nerf, but still hate running without PSF because it makes the game feel so much worse when you get knocked down and die due to it.

At least when I choose to forego any defensive mods outside of PSF and die I can say it's a skill issue and I can do better or build better, but when some random garbage knocks down an otherwise full tank build frame long enough that it dies in steel path because it doesn't have PSF that feels like it's outside of player control and unpleasant. Don't get me wrong, it's annoying when your own weapons do it too, but not near as bad as some random ass enemy knockdown you didn't see coming ends you.

Archived