Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hide founders items

Cerikus

2 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

They should really put the founders items into the game for everyone else at this point.
I don't think I've talked to another founder that would be upset if they did

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that.

Founders items were an agreement. "You put your faith into this game and we promise it will be a good."
This agreement should NEVER be broken. It's not about founders having an issue with it. It's about keeping a promise.

I do think that the game's UI should accommodate people who aren't founders, by not showing it, because it's is an unnecessary punch in a gut.

5 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that.

Founders items were an agreement. "You put your faith into this game and we promise it will be a good."
This agreement should NEVER be broken. It's not about founders having an issue with it. It's about keeping a promise.

I do think that the game's UI should accommodate people who aren't founders, by not showing it, because it's is an unnecessary punch in a gut.

I strongly disagree with that mentality.
I supported the game and I'm glad that its where it is today.
Are you a founder?
I don't have a weird ego attachment to excal prime.
(If anything right now its annoying because I cant use excal umbra in circuit lol)

Just now, Mr.Holyroller said:

I strongly disagree with that mentality.
I supported the game and I'm glad that its where it is today.
Are you a founder?
I don't have a weird ego attachment to excal prime.
(If anything right now its annoying because I cant use excal umbra in circuit lol)

I am not a founder.
Still, I don't want them to release it, ever.
Promise is a promise.
Who breaks promise once, loses all credibility forever.

13 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I am not a founder.
Still, I don't want them to release it, ever.
Promise is a promise.
Who breaks promise once, loses all credibility forever.

Im not sure where you're getting all this promise talk from.

I think they should just poll the remaining active GM founders if they're okay with releasing the items.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

Im not sure where you're getting all this promise talk from.

I don't know...

Here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=580920095300846&set=a.400986439960880.92358.348360875223437&type=1&theater
Here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130921195122/https://warframe.com/founders
Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwzU4D3Qir0

10 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

I think they should just poll the remaining active GM founders if they're okay with releasing the items.

Maybe. As I said, I would personally be against it, because I was raised to not lie and to keep a promise and I'd like other people to be like that as well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I don't know...

Here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=580920095300846&set=a.400986439960880.92358.348360875223437&type=1&theater
Here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20130921195122/https://warframe.com/founders
Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwzU4D3Qir0

Maybe. As I said, I would personally be against it, because I was raised to not lie and to keep a promise and I'd like other people to be like that as well.

If you'd like I can go through a list of all the "promises" DE has broken over the years.
The biggest one being removing void keys to prevent primed equipment from becoming vaulted/inaccessible and then doing it with void relics anyways

1 minute ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

If you'd like I can go through a list of all the "promises" DE has broken over the years.

Sure, can you post them please?

2 minutes ago, Mr.Holyroller said:

The biggest one being removing void keys to prevent primed equipment from becoming vaulted/inaccessible and then doing it with void relics anyways

I don't remember that unfortunately, so I cannot judge it. If true, I will gladly be outraged. Afaik there is no primed gear that is totally inaccessible. Resurgence is a thing and I am not aware of a single prime item that's too expensive in the market.

3 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Sure, can you post them please?

I don't remember that unfortunately, so I cannot judge it. If true, I will gladly be outraged. Afaik there is no primed gear that is totally inaccessible. Resurgence is a thing and I am not aware of a single prime item that's too expensive in the market.

Resurgence is relatively new as of last year. I agree it's a great 

The single most expensive prime item I know of is Glaive Prime. The set goes for 300 on the market while the BP alone is about 160.

As for abandoned promises, you don't need to go all the way back to void keys to find one.... a mere couple of months will do:

On 2023-05-15 at 11:41 PM, Voltage said:

Edit 8/6/23: I want to make note that the 7 Crimes of Kullervo showcases DE going back on what they said originally about the nature of mood cycles. This in conjunction with the original post I made just shows how much this is being pushed and needs to be reversed:

1. Devstream 168 at 35:26: "The mood timers is for flavor and diversity. We're not locking you out of something that you can only do in Anger for [like] a daily reward. This is flavor, emotion, mood; the world." - [DE]Rebecca
  2. Devstream 171 at 24:02: "A dungeon island is going to be returning to three select moods, so for Sorrow, for Fear, and for Anger, this Kullervo's Island will appear. And that is gonna be a place where you can encounter Kullervo." - [DE]Rebecca

This is just unacceptable. The artificial urgency for participation in the first 2 weeks is also unwarranted. Using a limited time "event" mission to then alter the deal with how the farm sticks around in-game is not player friendly. Did we not learn from Operation: Orphix Venom with Lavos and Cedo or Operation: Plague Star with the Ghoulsaw? Those made things easier to get post-event and players still rightfully clued in that this was done in poor taste.

On 2023-06-08 at 10:24 PM, Qriist said:

The issue is their promise of spirals being strictly flavorful didn't even survive a single content update.

Given the literal years DE worked on Duviri as a whole, but the mere ~6 weeks between content patches, I'd wager they knew the promise was a lie when they delivered it.

The worst part of it is, I'm actually in favor of the spirals having different mechanics and unique pieces of gear to acquire.... but I don't like liars.

There's a very easy and fair solution to everything related to Founders items while still respecting their exclusivity, but it's just beating a dead horse at this point. DE seems to have no intention on changing anything related to it either. All you can do is ignore it, just like every non-Founder has had to come to terms with ignoring the maximum Mastery value, the maximum number of daily trades, Solar Landmarks in the relay/profile, and Design Council (for the most part. There is technically a free way to be invited through a lottery.).

Edited by Voltage

1 hour ago, Qriist said:

a mere couple of months will do:

I know you won't accept this, but every devstream is prefaced by "this is a devbuild, anything can change" and when Duviri 1.0 was released it already had disappearing islands. Archarbor has a very important puzzle. It is the only guaranteed place to farm Cinta every run and it is timegated since day one. 

A sentence taken out of a devstream where not a single sentence is under scrutiny and taking it as a promise is ridiculus.
Devstreams were NEVER a source of reliable information, because the devs are usually making memes and derailing the whole stream by nsfw jokes and just trying to share what they are working on. The amout of stuff that was said on devstream and was different afterwards is large.

So no, I am not going to agree with this being a broken promise.

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

There's a very easy and fair solution to everything related to Founders items, but it's just beating a dead horse at this point and DE seems to have no intention on changing anything related to it. All you can do is ignore it, just like every non-Founder has had to come to terms with ignoring the maximum Mastery value, the maximum number of daily trades, Solar Landmarks in the relay/profile, and Design Council (for the most part. There is technically a free way to be invited through a lottery.).

None of those things really bother me. It's just lists and checkmarks. And for non-founders this stuff was always hidden. Until now and as I said, it is very triggering.

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

None of those things really bother me. It's just lists and checkmarks.

That's quite literally why you made this topic in the first place.

1037056748101587034.webp?size=96&quality=lossless

6 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

And for non-founders this stuff was always hidden. Until now and as I said, it is very triggering.

Define hidden? It's shown pretty often that these items exist. I think it would be more beneficial if the UI for these items was changed in a way where it shows it for everyone (Codex, profile, UI menus like your post shows, etc.), but non-Founders see a label of "unobtainable" with a hover that explains why the items aren't earnable.

In a game like this, it's more harmful to hide things than it is to just show everything and explain everything. It's educational that way.

Edited by Voltage

26 minutes ago, Voltage said:

That's quite literally why you made this topic in the first place.

1037056748101587034.webp?size=96&quality=lossless

Define hidden? It's shown pretty often that these items exist. I think it would be more beneficial if the UI for these items was changed in a way where it shows it for everyone (Codex, profile, UI menus like your post shows, etc.), but non-Founders see a label of "unobtainable" with a hover that explains why the items aren't earnable.

In a game like this, it's more harmful to hide things than it is to just show everything and explain everything. It's educational that way.

Lemme rephrase. It doesn't bother me that founders items exist. It doesn't bother me that I don't have the mastery or the other advantages.
What my brain hates is when there is a list with checkmarks. (What I've shown in the screenshot.) That specifically bothers me.

Until Duviri the founder items were hidden everywhere. Market, Profile, Arsenal, Codex, nowhere. Unless you own them.

Tbh I have no idea how I would react, if the items where visible everywhere and there was a label. Not sure, don't want to find out.