Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

could you guys please rework quick thinking and gladiator finesse ?

(PSN)willitical

i think these mods need to offer an invulnerability window, just like shield gating does. i also think sheild gating should get a rework too. and i think, with more sheilds equals more invulnerability time. so then you would want lots of sheilds on everything. and i think quick thinking and gladiator finesse should work this way as well, with more health, you get more invulnerability time. so Inaros could actually become a really strong tank. i recently made a video talking about these Ideas https://youtu.be/omahCrKfwEM

The shield-gating rework isn't a new idea and given how little we ever hear about any plans on changing it I doubt we will see anything of the sort any time soon.

Both mods are indeed pretty much obsolete right now, especially with operators and rolling guard providing a much faster and cheaper option out.

By all means inaros does not need to be more tanky unless you actually do long runs of steel path. On any mode with objectives that take damage it is highly unlikely for you to die before you lose said objective.

The places where these mods have their use are right now basically 0 so I can definitely see these mods receiving a rework someday. I am pretty sure your current suggestion is just not going to be healthy for the game overall. These mods are supposed to scale on energy and in the days were actually mostly used on squishy caster frames with really low EHP.

TL;DR; Not the right kind of rework, Inaros got all the juicy EHP he will ever need.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 2023-06-16 at 4:07 PM, Quimoth said:

The shield-gating rework isn't a new idea and given how little we ever hear about any plans on changing it I doubt we will see anything of the sort any time soon.

Both mods are indeed pretty much obsolete right now, especially with operators and rolling guard providing a much faster and cheaper option out.

By all means inaros does not need to be more tanky unless you actually do long runs of steel path. On any mode with objectives that take damage it is highly unlikely for you to die before you lose said objective.

The places where these mods have their use are right now basically 0 so I can definitely see these mods receiving a rework someday. I am pretty sure your current suggestion is just not going to be healthy for the game overall. These mods are supposed to scale on energy and in the days were actually mostly used on squishy caster frames with really low EHP.

TL;DR; Not the right kind of rework, Inaros got all the juicy EHP he will ever need.

Well im soo glad That they decided to implement this idea

They don't need a rework, and they are not bad. There is a specific setup for a specific niche but it can be very great in some cases. You need :

• Quick thinking
  • Rage or Hunter Adrenaline
  • A Warframe with a least one healing ability and/or Molt Reconstruct

What append is you take damage on Health, so you generate energy (because Rage), so you will be full energy when Quick Thinking take the relay. But with all your energy, you cast your healing ability (or any ability if you use Molt Reconstruct) to regain Health so the enemies have to damage it again.
TBH, I was really surprise of the effectiveness of this combinaison when I try it on Oberon, but it open my eyes on the possibility of this setup on some frame than can use it.

10 hours ago, Okaazkul said:

They don't need a rework, and they are not bad. There is a specific setup for a specific niche but it can be very great in some cases. You need :

• Quick thinking
  • Rage or Hunter Adrenaline
  • A Warframe with a least one healing ability and/or Molt Reconstruct

What append is you take damage on Health, so you generate energy (because Rage), so you will be full energy when Quick Thinking take the relay. But with all your energy, you cast your healing ability (or any ability if you use Molt Reconstruct) to regain Health so the enemies have to damage it again.
TBH, I was really surprise of the effectiveness of this combinaison when I try it on Oberon, but it open my eyes on the possibility of this setup on some frame than can use it.

I think i may have made a video trying lots of different setups, and it just wasn't effective in higher levels, which is where you would need these mods. The problem is that the more damage you take, the more energy is required, so it's just ideal after about 60 to 80 i think it was. But wasn't tested with any warframe buffs

Honestly, the best thing they could do for these two mods is to have them convert incoming damage into a damage over time effect. This way, the damage you take gradually builds up, allowing you to actually see that you're in danger and Quickly Think your way out of the situation.

So for example:

You would take a hit that would deal 500 damage. Instead of taking 500 damage, because you have both QT/GF equipped, that 500 damage is instead converted into a damage over time effect. Let's say that the mods split the damage over 5 seconds. This means you're now taking 100 damage per second. However, because of the 300% efficiency (240% from QT, 60% from GF), that 100 damage is only draining you for ~33 energy per second.

Take that above example and apply it to the current design. You'd simply have ~166 energy drained instantly. Considering most enemies in the game send more than a single shot your way, that very quickly results in more damage than your energy capacity can handle, leaving you basically zero reaction time in some cases.

Also, for enemies that do only send a single shot your way, you frequently will find yourself downed with full energy capacity, simply because the hit was so high that QT/GF disable themselves to not waste your energy on a hit that's lethal anyways.