Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat window keeps moving when joining any mission as client

SteveCutler

Crazy how this bug is more than 3 years old and it's keep coming back and never been fully fixed, it's now affecting me again (for tons of times already) after Whisper in the Walls update.
Are you okay DE? You sure your debug team is not slacking and sleeping in the office everyday?

• Like 3

On 12/14/2023 at 6:20 AM, [DE]Saske said:

We need consistent reproducible steps, we can not fix what we can not reproduce. Could be related to display mode, resolution, HUD scaling, Windows settings etc.

From the amount of responses to this issue while annoying it seems pretty rare overall, so any additional info will help.

On 12/15/2023 at 4:27 PM, IRONLASER said:

I will show you the setting when the chat box bug occurs.

UWS2qm7.png

iuCi9gG.jpg

J4Ee7fB.jpgZC9V6sZ.jpghxel8Br.jpgBf3IW4L.jpgoStxWKY.jpghTQalv2.jpgryL1PpI.jpg

The above video is a photo of the bug that occurred at the time of update34, and the UI briefly shrinks in the 0:13 section, which forces the chat box to be moved. As it must occur during multi-play with the client, this is likely an in-game code defect.

On 12/27/2023 at 10:11 PM, IRONLASER said:

The bug is now considered a client-specific code flaw in the PC version, along with the Driver Camp move bug.

I fixed the UI magnification in the display settings on Windows 11, but this didn't fix it. I reinstalled the game and it didn't help at all. In this case, the operating system installed on the PC or the game client installed incorrectly is not the cause.

I've never heard of a user replacing a graphics card to fix this problem, but it's unlikely that a particular computer part will cause this problem.

Therefore, even if it occurs in certain hardware, operating systems, or network environments on your computer, it should be viewed as a bug due to an internal flaw in the client program for your PC.

On 1/11/2024 at 7:30 PM, IRONLASER said:

Good. Then let's summarize the facts and possibilities that we know so far.

- If you multi-play as a client rather than a host, the UI shrinks during the loading process and the chat box is pushed to the left and does not restore to its original position. This bug is not intended.

- The bug appears to have occurred after update 33.

- I tried to manipulate the Windows 11 operating system settings, but no changes were observed in relation to the bug. It is unlikely that the operating system interfered with the behavior of the game.

- These bugs were not observed in the Xbox Series X version installed in the same room as the PC you are using and on the same network. This is a bug that only occurs in the PC version, and it is necessary to see the possibility of problems in the programming and coding process of the PC version.

- Since the bug also occurs on a PC equipped with RTX 4090, it is also necessary to consider the possibility of optimization problems in the game program. It is virtually unlikely that the PC's hardware directly interfered with the game program and caused the bug.

On 1/15/2024 at 10:19 PM, SRVZephyr said:

I've got a Radeon RX 6700 XT and have been having this issue for the last few weeks as well, so it's definitely not just an Nvidia issue

@[DE]SaskeWith more than 125 posts on this topic, this issue is experienced by not a small number of users. Looking at the post on this topic so far, does DE see it as a problem caused by some users' operating system or graphics hardware interfering with the operation of the game?

4 hours ago, IRONLASER said:

With more than 125 posts on this topic, this issue is experienced by not a small number of users. Looking at the post on this topic so far, does DE see it as a problem caused by some users' operating system or graphics hardware interfering with the operation of the game?

I don't think it matters what they think it is, it's the only UI element that moves. And you can't lock it. That right there is an absurdity.

Edited by Fuze_Zero1
  • Like 1

On 2024-01-18 at 8:26 PM, Naroxas44 said:

Just had this happen on login too - no mission or anything was launched, the chat window just immediately moved to the middle of the window upon logging in and getting control in the Drifter Camp. Same exact settings as I previously listed, no scaling applied and at native res.

Honestly not sure what additional info can be provided for this - it seems unrelated to hosting, unrelated to scaling or resolution, and unrelated to hardware / drivers (I've had it happen on multiple Nvidia driver versions, with the only change being a game update that caused it). It seems like just something the evolution engine is doing that doesn't seem to be logged anywhere, and doesn't have any consistent reproduction other than "load level and maybe it'll happen idk".

I get this isn't by any means the largest of priorities, but it's almost been 7 months now. It doesn't look particularly good to players, especially new ones, to have long-standing bugs present. Players can only include so much feedback and bug reporting before it just becomes a matter of someone on the dev team kinda needs to just sit down and try to debug it, even if briefly. I don't know if the chat UI element is being shifted and some off-screen correction is moving it back, or the level load routine is hitting some sort of race condition with the UI causing it to fall back to some defaults or something, but there's a lot to look into that players just can't assist with given all the info already provided.

1/20/2024 Edit: Yeah this is absolutely related to the evolution engine doing level loads - my screen just flashed the progress tooltip rapidly at different sizes and scales and the chat window was messed up. Unfortunately I did not get a recording of it (I don't have the hard disk space to be recording all my gaming sessions and I don't stream) but it was extremely jarring flashing.

As I said last time, I also experienced a phenomenon where the chat box was forced to move during the login process as well as the multi-play process. During the loading process, the UI shrinks to the top left for a second, and the UI returns to its original state, but during this process, the chat box, which has been pushed to the left corner, is actually recognized to have changed its position directly and is fixed in that position. To fix this, you need to solve the UI shriveling during certain loading (the main cause is a programming flaw in the game, including evolution engine). In addition, if the UI scale is reduced, the part where the chat window is pushed toward the corner should also be changed.

The bug itself is caused by UI shriveling during the loading process, but there's one more element that causes this problem when you go into it more fundamentally. If you reduce the area of the UI by reducing the resolution, then increase the resolution again to make the UI wider, the chat box, which has been pushed inward, can't keep up with the UI's widening.

1. Fit the chat box to the right end in the resolution you are currently using

5DtsfYV.jpg

2. The position of the chat box when the resolution is reduced

1lH34vs.jpg

3. The position of the chat box when the resolution is increased

egTAneC.jpg

On 2023-12-13 at 1:20 PM, [DE]Saske said:

We need consistent reproducible steps, we can not fix what we can not reproduce. Could be related to display mode, resolution, HUD scaling, Windows settings etc.

From the amount of responses to this issue while annoying it seems pretty rare overall, so any additional info will help.

In past I would've consider it rare issue but now there is no way that I'd consider this issue rare now. It is triggering at an alarmingly consistent rate for me now whenever I load the mission at the same time with another person that is a host.

On 2023-12-13 at 10:20 PM, [DE]Saske said:

how about you help us give you the info by adding logging about when and why the window is moved so we can send you the logs?

also, if you're seeing few responses to this it's partly because this has existed since 2021 and in the old threads y'all did not respond at all, so why bother trying to talk to somebody who refuses to acknowledge we even exist?

edit:

given y'all already log a bunch of stuff regarding the chat, adding logging for that should not be too big an ask, right?

Search "chat" (43 hits in 1 file of 1 searched)
  C:\Users\Mithaldu\AppData\Local\Warframe\EE.log (43 hits)
    Line 2176: 306.416 Sys [Info]: ChatLinkHelper took 14.9ms to initialize
    Line 2182: 306.448 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: UISTYLE: using legacy colors
    Line 2183: 306.452 Sys [Info]: Created /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.swf
    Line 2497: 307.661 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::AddTab: Adding tab with channel name: C5a65f1bc2183db4bc74e903d to index 1
    Line 2498: 307.662 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::RemoveTab: Removing tab with name D, pSkipRedraw: nil
    Line 2499: 307.662 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::AddTab: Adding tab with channel name: G_EN_EU to index 2
    Line 2500: 307.662 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::AddTab: Adding tab with channel name: R_EN_EU to index 3
    Line 2501: 307.662 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::AddTab: Adding tab with channel name: T_EN_EU_XS to index 4
    Line 2502: 307.662 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::AddTab: Adding tab with channel name: Q_EN_EU to index 3
    Line 2546: 308.149 Sys [Info]: Budget overrun retiring read of P2 F.Texture/Lotus/Interface/Icons/Chat/QAndAChatIcon.png (8.59 ms)
    Line 2578: 308.387 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: Chat: Filters for G_EN_EU:
    Line 2812: 314.062 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: Chat: Filters for C5a65f1bc2183db4bc74e903d:
    Line 2817: 321.103 Input [Info]: Subscribing for /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.swf with input filter /EE/Types/Input/MenuInputFilter
    Line 2844: 324.791 Script [Info]: Settings.lua: Settings::RemoveUnwantedSettings() Platform=WINDOWS InFrontEnd=false ChatRestricted=false CensoredBuild=falseChinaBuild=falseGAPP Build=false
    Line 2917: 383.732 Script [Info]: Settings.lua: Settings::RemoveUnwantedSettings() Platform=WINDOWS InFrontEnd=false ChatRestricted=false CensoredBuild=falseChinaBuild=falseGAPP Build=false
    Line 2959: 559.596 Input [Info]: Subscribing for /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.swf with input filter /EE/Types/Input/MenuInputFilter
    Line 3640: 574.319 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::RemoveTab: Removing tab with name G_EN_EU, pSkipRedraw: nil
    Line 3641: 574.319 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::RemoveTab: Removing tab with name R_EN_EU, pSkipRedraw: nil
    Line 3642: 574.319 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::RemoveTab: Removing tab with name T_EN_EU_XS, pSkipRedraw: nil
    Line 3643: 574.319 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::RemoveTab: Removing tab with name Q_EN_EU, pSkipRedraw: nil
    Line 4260: 577.061 Input [Info]: Subscribing for /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.swf with input filter /EE/Types/Input/MenuInputFilter
    Line 4723: 587.472 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::AddTab: Adding tab with channel name: G_EN_EU to index 2
    Line 4724: 587.472 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::AddTab: Adding tab with channel name: R_EN_EU to index 3
    Line 4725: 587.473 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::AddTab: Adding tab with channel name: T_EN_EU_XS to index 4
    Line 4726: 587.473 Script [Info]: ChatRedux.lua: ChatRedux::AddTab: Adding tab with channel name: Q_EN_EU to index 3
    Line 5468: 594.340 Input [Info]: Subscribing for /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.swf with input filter /EE/Types/Input/MenuInputFilter

Edited by Mithaldu

On 2024-01-23 at 3:58 PM, IRONLASER said:

@[DE]SaskeWith more than 125 posts on this topic, this issue is experienced by not a small number of users. Looking at the post on this topic so far, does DE see it as a problem caused by some users' operating system or graphics hardware interfering with the operation of the game?

@[DE]Saske Before I ask if this bug was caused by a programming error, I would like to ask if the debugging team received any information about the bugs covered in this topic.

Edited by IRONLASER

@[DE]SaskeIt's still not fixed. Let's get back to the point.

- As you can see in the video above, when proceeding to multiplayer, the UI shrinks for a very short time during loading, pushing the chat box to the left.

- This bug happens very often during the loading process at the start of the game or during multiplayer loading.

- These bugs can be clearly seen when the game is set to 4K resolution and the chat box is placed down the middle down or down the right.

- NVIDIA and AMD graphics card users are all said to have experienced the bug. This shows that certain graphics cards are not the cause.

- The most likely is that programming defects or coding defects inside PC clients cause these problems.

- We will ask if these bug issues have been communicated to the personnel in charge of programming and debugging. Also, DE would like to know if you think these bugs are caused by the operating system or hardware of a particular user.

Hello IRONLASER! I passed along all the information collected in this forum thread to the programmer, but they are still having a hard time reproducing the issue/finding the cause why the chat is moving.

Like you are suggesting it most likely has something to do with game resolution temporally resetting for clients while they load into a mission, we are investigating.

• Like 3

On 2024-02-21 at 8:53 AM, [DE]Saske said:

Hello IRONLASER! I passed along all the information collected in this forum thread to the programmer, but they are still having a hard time reproducing the issue/finding the cause why the chat is moving.

Like you are suggesting it most likely has something to do with game resolution temporally resetting for clients while they load into a mission, we are investigating.

I am betting its the resolution with windowed mode that is causing this problem.  I have my resolution set to 2560x1369 in windowed mode.  And it happens every other missions and logging in.  If I go full screen it stays in the correct position.

On 2024-02-28 at 7:41 AM, Partzs said:

I am betting its the resolution with windowed mode that is causing this problem.  I have my resolution set to 2560x1369 in windowed mode.  And it happens every other missions and logging in.  If I go full screen it stays in the correct position.

3840x2160 resolution, in full screen mode, I put a chat window in the bottom right, but it's pushed to the center left. First of all, there's most likely a problem with programming & coding.

I don't know if other people have noticed this too but I have the bug too since this thread was created and I noticed this only happens when I join into a mission as a client and not as a host. Maybe this helps reproducing the error?

On 2024-01-05 at 10:58 AM, IRONLASER said:

I'm actually using RTX4090, and if this happens only in the nvidia RTX series graphics card environment, I suspect it's a hardware optimization problem that the Warframe client program has.

To ensure that the hardware optimization and compatibility issues that occurred during programming and coding are correct, the production team will need to test them in various PC hardware environments.

On 2024-01-05 at 5:23 PM, IRONLASER said:

I've tried various methods, and here's what I can tell you now.

- The bug must occur when you start a mission as a client rather than a host.
- I tried adjusting the graphics settings of Windows 11 and Nvidia graphics settings, but it didn't affect the bug.
- Even if you modify the in-game upscaling settings and UI settings, these bugs continue to occur.
- If it's a network environmental issue, I'd like to ask why this issue didn't happen when running on an Xbox Series X installed in the same room.

- This issue is likely to be a hardware optimization issue that PC version clients may have, even if it occurs only in certain hardware environments, such as RTX family graphics cards.

On 2024-02-21 at 11:53 PM, [DE]Saske said:

We talked twice about the possibility of PC version optimization problems.

Seeing what often happens when you go into a squad member rather than a host in multiplayer, what appears to be a network connection and transition process seems to be the trigger of the bug, but it can be reproduced by a deployment PC client rather than a development tool.

Edited by IRONLASER

@[DE]Saske

It's still not fixed.

If you haven't found it in your development environment, do you think it's a problem caused by the PC's operating system or hardware directly interfering with the game's behavior? Or is it a problem caused by game programs not being optimized for the latest hardware?

Edited by IRONLASER

For me this started the update they added DLSS and it has never gone away. I'm so sick of it, so unbelievably sick of it. Every time I loud a mission I have to drag the chat window back down before I can do anything. 

• Like 1

On 2024-03-29 at 12:41 AM, KazOondo said:

For me this started the update they added DLSS and it has never gone away. I'm so sick of it, so unbelievably sick of it. Every time I loud a mission I have to drag the chat window back down before I can do anything. 

If so, while adding the DLSS feature, there may be a problem with the code associated with that feature. And since AMD's graphics cards are also said to have these bugs, you might suspect that game programs and game engines are causing collisions with graphics cards with upscaling capabilities.

And if the debugging process failed to reproduce the bug, it is possible that the region you connect to and the network environment are related to the bug occurrence conditions.

Edited by IRONLASER

Adding the option to disable chat completely would solve this issue at least until such time as the root cause can be found and fixed. I have tried every suggested fix for the past 5+ months and none work. It is VERY annoying.