Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat window keeps moving when joining any mission as client

SteveCutler

Not sure when this started happening exactly, but it must be very recent - maybe as of the last hotfix. Every time I complete a mission, my chatbox moves from the bottom-left corner where I want it, up to about mid way up the screen. Driving me up the wall!

• Like 30

Oh i just looking for topic like this and i see the problem already exist not only on my PC. So yeah. While in mission my chat box moves from bottom right to the middle of the screen and on the start of every mission i need to drag it. Every... Single... Mission... INNOYING!

• Like 3

I remember having this issue myself back in probably like 2021 or something, and I think the only thing that fixed it was adjusting some in-game scaling (sorry I don't remember specifics tbh). It seems it's been an on and off issue for a few users for quite some time, from what I can tell:

Add me to this issue too. Never had it before. Reading the 2021 thread on this there seems to be a link between nvidia drivers as the issue stopped once people update their drivers. Funny enough the latest nvidia drivers dropped the same day the wf update did.

8 hours ago, XepherTim said:

Just checking in to say same issue here.

It seems inconsistent though, doesn't happen every load in for me. Might be related to joining a squad?

Oh it only happens when i join a squad. solo loads are ok

Edited by RyuhoTheDragon

To anyone willing to try changing the UI scaling to Legacy seems to have fixed the issue for me. I had the chat move to middle left every log in or public mission and after that change it hasn't happened once in 45 minutes, I kept logging in and out and joining missions during that time to test.

Gonna add this here as I feel it's related:

I usually have my chat window at its max size and as of the latest hotfix it gets resized to about half its size. This seems to happen after completing a mission on anything but solo matchmaking.

Not exactly gamebreaking but more of an annoyance.

• Like 1

Same.

User Interface: Menu Scale -> Legacy seems to fix this (mentioned above) but for those on larger screens, it might make the chat window be excessively large (you lose Custom scaling plus a lot of UI elements default to certain sizes, i.e. some will appear too large / too smol, depending on your customisations

*If you don't want messages in your chat window to pop up, make a "private tab", i.e. just right-click on someone in the chat window & click Talk - you're now in a private tab with that tenno and unless they send you a message... no more pop-ups

Edited by Asphe
clarification