Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new Circuit game mode invalidates Warframe parts grind, and I'm torn

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It's just a fact. You can choose to play the gameplay for the rewards or you can buy your way through most of those same rewards. You can sit in trade chat and warframe.market flipping stuff and just get most items. Whether that's worth it for you is obviously your choice, but you're spending time or money in trading/buying platinum to bypass playing the gameplay. I did this personally with Citrine's update. I found Mirror Defense to be a boring gamemode and whaled myself through almost all of the items offered from playing it.

What side of this fence are you on? Your initial argument is opposed to platinum methods as if that's a bad thing to use but then you turn around and reinforce other methods to the end goal is fine with your own actions? The ****?

32 minutes ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

What side of this fence are you on? Your initial argument is opposed to platinum methods as if that's a bad thing to use but then you turn around and reinforce other methods to the end goal is fine with your own actions? The ****?

Huh? I merely stated that you can choose to buy things with Platinum, but the catch is that you're spending time trading or real money to forgo playing the gameplay. I like to grind, and it's apparent in my post history. I'm also a whale. I also don't mind when DE allows players to purchase or trade things so long as the initial farm for it is not designed to make you feel pushed to spend time trading or spend money to progress reasonably (which is a separate discussion for some things). 

Whether you want to P2W yourself through content or go fully F2P and spend a bunch more time in missions, that's up to you. I literally just stated the potential negatives with the avenue in both posts.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

It's just a fact. You can choose to play the gameplay for the rewards or you can buy your way through most of those same rewards. You can sit in trade chat and warframe.market flipping stuff and just get most items. Whether that's worth it for you is obviously your choice, but you're spending time or money in trading/buying platinum to bypass playing the gameplay. I did this personally with Citrine's update. I found Mirror Defense to be a boring gamemode and whaled myself through almost all of the items offered from playing it.

It's not a fact at all.

It's not "bypasing the gameplay" lol, tading is an inherent part of the gameplay. Just because you took the longest route (which is fair, if you enjoy that kind of grind more), doesn't mean you earning it was any more valid than someone who found a shorter way.

It's not "whaling" in any sense of the word if you grind the game and sell what you earn via gameplay.

9 minutes ago, Zakalwe said:

It's not a fact at all.

It's not "bypasing the gameplay" lol, tading is an inherent part of the gameplay. Just because you took the longest route (which is fair, if you enjoy that kind of grind more), doesn't mean you earning it was any more valid than someone who found a shorter way.

I think there is a misunderstanding. I was posting about full time trading (which is more efficient than playing and then trading what you earned). I am by no means trying to poo-poo trading as an alternative. I've actually pointed it out as a viable alternative before. Again, I was just stating the fact that if you full time trade, you're sacrificing actual gameplay to sit in the economy and buy your way through rewards (the same applies if you just whip out a credit card). Does that clear it up? I feel like I'm being responded to as if I am saying trading is a no-no. I simply wanted to point out the negatives associated with taking the route as it's important to analyze that for a clear depiction of the overall picture.

12 minutes ago, Zakalwe said:

It's not "whaling" in any sense of the word if you grind the game and sell what you earn via gameplay.

You are correct. This is not what I meant when I said that.

12 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I think there is a misunderstanding. I was posting about full time trading (which is more efficient than playing and then trading what you earned). I am by no means trying to poo-poo trading as an alternative. I've actually pointed it out as a viable alternative before. Again, I was just stating the fact that if you full time trade, you're sacrificing actual gameplay to sit in the economy and buy your way through rewards (the same applies if you just whip out a credit card). Does that clear it up? I feel like I'm being responded to as if I am saying trading is a no-no. I simply wanted to point out the negatives associated with taking the route as it's important to analyze that for a clear depiction of the overall picture.

You are correct. This is not what I meant when I said that.

And it wasn't what I was talking about, either. Looking back at my posts, they were quite clear.

Saying that, trading is a part of the game just as much as shooting, and flying, and crafting, etc... if someone wants to focus on trading alone, they are still playing the game. It's no less valid than grinding out missions over and over.

I personally think new players should do all the story quests before doing Duviri - because I think their experience will be better experiencing it the way it was supposed to be done,... but other than that, I have no issue with the circuit rewards.

As others have pointed out, you can already buy/grind plat to buy the frames outright to avoid the grind of the parts/resources....  and its not like the frames are always available to choose from - you need to wait for the one you want to be in the rotation.   The other thing I don't think anyone has pointed out is that sometimes the grind for frames has been changed anyway.

Remember how Harrow Systems used to be only available trough that awful defection mode.... well now you can instead do a MUCH less painful kuva survival to get it.  How is that really any different to having an alternative option of doing circuit?

Another thing I don't think people have pointed out is that if a player grinds for a frame in the normal assassination/quest method, they get to choose which frame/weapons to take into that battle.  If they use the Circuit method - then they are at the mercy of whatever stuff the cave gives them, which might be stuff they don't know how to use and might be more challenging. 

Some frames will be much easier to farm via the circuit -sure.  Some frames will be better off farming the normal way though.  

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

Whether that's worth it for you is obviously your choice, but you're spending time or money in trading/buying platinum to bypass playing the gameplay. 

9 hours ago, Voltage said:

Huh? I merely stated that you can choose to buy things with Platinum, but the catch is that you're spending time trading or real money to forgo playing the gameplay.

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

I've actually pointed it out as a viable alternative before. Again, I was just stating the fact that if you full time trade, you're sacrificing actual gameplay to sit in the economy and buy your way through rewards (the same applies if you just whip out a credit card).

You keep saying bypass, forgo, or buy your way through rewards. I don't understand why you are blurring the lines between a player who chooses to focus on their interaction with the trade system and game economy to generate more platinum from the things they farm, with people who straight up buy plat and buy things on the platinum and player market, and then trying to put all that under the same umbrella of being linked to the pay to win discussion.

I get that you have beef with the people who just straight up throw down their credit card to get to certain things, but there are still many things that even the power of the credit card cannot circumvent (i.e. Liche/Sister weapons, star chart progress, resources for feeding helminth, focus affinity, syndicate standing, kuva, duviri resources, etc). You can only credit card warrior so much before you still have to do something on your own.

There is nothing wrong with players who wish to spend their time interacting with the economy. It's just another part of the game, and another way to play.

Archived