Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To get Excalibur umbra by passing Aten

(PSN)civic-cabin4

Question

So from what I'm gathering to continue the main quest and get Excalibur umbra I have to beat this hard mobile defence mission I have never failed a mobile defence before but while trying to go for this I thought getting it would easy since the other mission were 25-35 nope this one is 40-45 as someone who doesn't understand this game very well and trying to figure what elements and tactics to use I'm trying to beat it but the damage is insane I can barely heal fast enough the damage they're dealing and the units are to tanky or I don't have good mods to attempt it I have a good set-up but the mission is Impossible for me can this mission get nerfed? because I thought this game would be friendly to solo players I have completed all spectres and planets except all nodes without having to much problems and this void mission is hard just one enemy and they kill me in like nothing so if there a possibility I'm doing something wrong can I please get tips on how to beat this otherwise I can't continue with the main quests and I'll have go for others in the mean time because how would I get this mission done without this quest being a pain for the main quest.

14 answers to this question

other than the basic new player tips of work on getting better/ upgraded mods, I can say warframe is a tools game, certain tools are better at certain jobs better than others, mods mostly mitigate that but not to a great extent. Sure veterans can do any mission type with any frame but for a new player you need a defense focused frame to do a defense mission.

For mobile defense I'd strongly suggest a limbo with the most duration you can put on him. Just pop his cataclysm and his stasis and then it's just a timers game. As long as there's no eximus around, if they do show up focus on taking their overguard down and then proceed to keep on waiting for the timers. Using his 3 to force enemies back into the rift when the 4 collapses so they stay in stasis' effect is also paramount. Oh besides eximus focus on nullifiers too they're the most dangerous to limbo.

if that's not in the cards for you maybe try watching some guides on youtube or something idk.  TheKengineer is a great warframe youtuber that has both veteran and new player focused build guides for pretty much anything you want to know about warframe.

Edited by EDM774
  • Like 2

1. Take a deep breath.

2. Give us more information:

• What Warframe are you trying to use for this mobile defense mission?
  • What weapons are you using?
  • What companion are you using?
  • Have you got "potatoes" (Orokin Reactor/Catalyst) on your gear?
  • What mods are you using? Have you ranked your mods up?
  • Do you have access to consumables like Team Large Energy/Health/Ammo Restores?

Help us to help you.

• Like 1

I'm using wisp I'm going to try limbo I've seen guide 

12 minutes ago, Grommile said:

1. Take a deep breath.

2. Give us more information:

• What Warframe are you trying to use for this mobile defense mission?
  • What weapons are you using?
  • What companion are you using?
  • Have you got "potatoes" (Orokin Reactor/Catalyst) on your gear?
  • What mods are you using? Have you ranked your mods up?
  • Do you have access to consumables like Team Large Energy/Health/Ammo Restores?

Help us to help you.

I'm calm I'm just explaining it's hard to do but I've seen a guide I'll try I got limbo recently I'll try that warframe 

The last 3 node in the void are way tougher than the rest of star chart.  This also applies later on to steel path.

Your offense and defense come from the mods you have and use(your frame, your guns, your melee, your pet).  Another huge factor is the abilities on the warframes your using. 

Wisp should be having no problems.... Are you using your shock mote to stun enemies?  You got a healing mote, a speed mote.   Trying using some range mode so you can shock guys from further away.   Dont drop your shock motes on the defense target.   Put them in chokepoints, areas the enemies having to pass through.   

But with her healing mote... for that mission specifically try giving wisp all the health and armor mods you got.  

As far as survival. WF's #1 rule is offense is the best defense.    If your solo you prob havent farmed up good mods from Plains of Eido, Dragon Vaults, Deimo (cambian drift).    If you goto Q&A chat in-game and ask to loadouts for weapon/frame __________ you can see the mods people are using on those things and then goto trade chat and try to trade for any you dont have.   

If you have been playing solo you had to be using Spectres for things like interception right?   Pop a spectre for your mobile defense.   (hopefully it will also soak up some bullets lol).   Spectres should be made from defense frames for best results.   Frost, gara, vauban etc.  

----------

I dont know why your going solo(scared anti-social little girl??) but there are tons of people bored out of their minds sitting in game lol.   Just goto recruit chat and be SPECIFIC when asking for help.   You dont have to become friends with people if you dont want to.   Just say gg or thanx afterwards and your good with most people.   But a veteran can walk you right through most content lol.(because they got the good toys)   

Other people are the best way to learn this game... like even now on this forum your learning stuff.  

-----------

But one of the best toys you can get to improve your survival is a mod called "Adaptation".   You cant earn that yourself until you finish all star chart and start doing Arbitrations.......your close.   But save yourself some headache and just trade for it...    Adaptation makes you take less damage the more you get hit up to 90%.  (unlike armor which blocks damage to your HP,  adapt works on shields to).   Adaptation cant stop huge damage/damage spikes.    But between wisps shields, her HP and healing mote you should never have to worry about one hits.   Wisp+Adapt will become extremely tough.

Kubros/Kavats can do great at healing you... they need Link Armor+Link Health to be strong themselves.    But to keep them and you alive it takes  Hunter's Recover (from plains of eido)+Pack Leader.   Pack Leader lets YOU heal your PET by hurting enemies with melee attacks.   HR lets your PET heal YOU based on their melee attacks to enemies.    So as long as you melee stuff it should keep your pet alive and your pet in turn will help keep you alive,  neither of you should die (unless your using a frame with no base armor, which makes your pet paper thin to)

Otherwise like I said..  its all about your offense and weapon mods.  (alot of the gold mods newbs can first get access to come from reaching C rotations in endless missions...  20 min survivals, 4 rounds of defense, 8 excavators,  4 rounds of interception....  for melee mods your going to wanna hit up Deimos/Cambion Drift bounties 4 condition overload, weeping wounds,  blood rush...which is ESSENTIAL.  

12 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

The last 3 node in the void are way tougher than the rest of star chart.  This also applies later on to steel path.

Your offense and defense come from the mods you have and use(your frame, your guns, your melee, your pet).  Another huge factor is the abilities on the warframes your using. 

Wisp should be having no problems.... Are you using your shock mote to stun enemies?  You got a healing mote, a speed mote.   Trying using some range mode so you can shock guys from further away.   Dont drop your shock motes on the defense target.   Put them in chokepoints, areas the enemies having to pass through.   

But with her healing mote... for that mission specifically try giving wisp all the health and armor mods you got.  

As far as survival. WF's #1 rule is offense is the best defense.    If your solo you prob havent farmed up good mods from Plains of Eido, Dragon Vaults, Deimo (cambian drift).    If you goto Q&A chat in-game and ask to loadouts for weapon/frame __________ you can see the mods people are using on those things and then goto trade chat and try to trade for any you dont have.   

If you have been playing solo you had to be using Spectres for things like interception right?   Pop a spectre for your mobile defense.   (hopefully it will also soak up some bullets lol).   Spectres should be made from defense frames for best results.   Frost, gara, vauban etc.  

----------

I dont know why your going solo(scared anti-social little girl??) but there are tons of people bored out of their minds sitting in game lol.   Just goto recruit chat and be SPECIFIC when asking for help.   You dont have to become friends with people if you dont want to.   Just say gg or thanx afterwards and your good with most people.   But a veteran can walk you right through most content lol.(because they got the good toys)   

Other people are the best way to learn this game... like even now on this forum your learning stuff.  

-----------

But one of the best toys you can get to improve your survival is a mod called "Adaptation".   You cant earn that yourself until you finish all star chart and start doing Arbitrations.......your close.   But save yourself some headache and just trade for it...    Adaptation makes you take less damage the more you get hit up to 90%.  (unlike armor which blocks damage to your HP,  adapt works on shields to).   Adaptation cant stop huge damage/damage spikes.    But between wisps shields, her HP and healing mote you should never have to worry about one hits.   Wisp+Adapt will become extremely tough.

Kubros/Kavats can do great at healing you... they need Link Armor+Link Health to be strong themselves.    But to keep them and you alive it takes  Hunter's Recover (from plains of eido)+Pack Leader.   Pack Leader lets YOU heal your PET by hurting enemies with melee attacks.   HR lets your PET heal YOU based on their melee attacks to enemies.    So as long as you melee stuff it should keep your pet alive and your pet in turn will help keep you alive,  neither of you should die (unless your using a frame with no base armor, which makes your pet paper thin to)

Otherwise like I said..  its all about your offense and weapon mods.  (alot of the gold mods newbs can first get access to come from reaching C rotations in endless missions...  20 min survivals, 4 rounds of defense, 8 excavators,  4 rounds of interception....  for melee mods your going to wanna hit up Deimos/Cambion Drift bounties 4 condition overload, weeping wounds,  blood rush...which is ESSENTIAL.  

I'll try this thanks its just the aten mission I'll try again when I get better gear

8 hours ago, (PSN)Nelsconey said:

Go into trade chat and buy   "Rolling Guard" and 'Adaptation"   

What for? He doesnt need those now ad will not need them any time soon.

They will not fix his problems at all. You are just adding another layer of mechanics he needs to learn, while he have no yet learned the basics.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

On 2023-07-11 at 11:39 AM, Zakkhar said:

What for? He doesnt need those now ad will not need them any time soon.

They will not fix his problems at all. You are just adding another layer of mechanics he needs to learn, while he have no yet learned the basics.

I have 143 hours in game I said or trying to say I don't know what tactics/gear/warframes and elements to use to get through void missions I know the basics I got these mods to help me but before I attempt I'm gearing up getting better mods and upgrading watching guides to help me out as best I can I just need to build up my panzer vulpaphyla and get a good build on it I'm also going for corrupted mods to but I'm focusing on gearing/companion before retrying it I'm not ready for the void but the other branches I can do just not aten yet I still have things to learn such as elements and mods but for the basics I know what I'm doing just what to use and when to use it 

15 hours ago, (PSN)civic-cabin4 said:

I don't know what tactics/gear/warframes and elements to use to get through void missions

I did not know either. I finished most of the starchart solo with my starting Volt (later Umbra) with Taxon, Boltor, Atomos and Bo without forma or potato on any of them, clanless. All I needed is to figure out game mechanic. You can steamline the missions with better gear or party but after a while you will need that game mechanic you omitted learning before.

Edited by Zakkhar

To @(PSN)civic-cabin4 : Being a soloist, here my best advice that can power up you a bit :

• Prepare at least 20-40 "Pizza" (Squad restore1) of each per mission. You may need a dojo. Infinite Energy/Life/Shield really help
  • Prepare some Pokeball Specters2 (a Tenno, a Clem3 and a Cephalon Suda's Shield drone) : I prefer "Frost" but you need to have it to make a specter.
  • Again Hordes of enemies remember the basic 
    • Crowd control by spamming Heavy Slam Attack... desperate measure for desperate times
    • Frost "Ultimate Defense" Doctrine : If you can't kill them, Slow them to death. Cold Mods are cool, literally.
    • Mag Doctrine : Drag them near the objective, then a wide Attraction to protect it.
    • Excalibur/ Wisp/ John's Cena Doctrine "You Can't See Me" : so blind them so they can't ever retaliate.

Also, there is a silly mod that can greatly help against stronger enemies : "Shattering Impact". Ask for a trade in your Dojo or relay... high level players have tons of it.

WIKIA LINK :

1. Pizza !? : https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Team_Bonus_Consumables
  2. What specter can do ? : https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Specter_(Tenno)#Warframe
  3. You need to do the quest : "a man of a few words"
Edited by RLanzinger

To @(PSN)civic-cabin4

Little Add-on : I've redone Aten in Solo with My Baby-Rhino Mode and used my exact strategy. Was not easy, I did lose 2 extra life ^^

Config : Rhino-Prime with his 4 augments, Rejuvenation + Gale Kick (for fun). Arcane Thrax Helmet (Ability Strength -5%).

Karak viral With Serration 10 (+100%), Rime rounds+Malignant Force (Viral), Vile acceleration (fire rate +90%), Hush (silent)

Dex Furis with Hornet strike 8 (+100%), Pistol Pestilence + Jolt (Corrosive) + Supress (silent)

Sancti Magistar1 with Shatterring storm, Pressure point, seismic wave (slam), Fury (speed), shatterring (impact).

I did not use My operator abilities so I won't give you her config.

The build itself is pretty weak and I succeed the mission by :

• Summon my army : Clem, Ancient Specter + Frost Specter.
  • Summon one Shield Drone near each defense and order him to immediately stay on place. Shield drone does not follow you....
  • Spamming Heavy Slam Attack (I did it most of the mission).
  • Using a lot of Pizza (health, energy and shield restore) to stay alive and using CrowControl (Ironskin > Stomp > Roar)

The harder part are EXIMUS units (the one with aura and overshield), that need 5-6 Heavy Slam Attack to be neutralise. Most times Karak and Dex Furis were not usefull.

1) WIKIA : When striking enemies with a heavy attack, the Sancti Magistar emits a pulse that heals the wielder and all allies within a 15 meter radius for 5% of the damage dealt. Ideal for solo with specters.