Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kinda sad with a lack of Modding Synergy with the Kunari Incarnon

Zahnrad

Got the Kunai Incarnon today and got all the evolutions.

I like the concept for the Kunai Incarnon and I think I'll consider using this weapon in the future but kinda disappointed something that felt like a clever mod opportunity doesn't exist.

If you don't have it, here's the TL;DR

Kunai Incarnon's Incarnon mode has a Capacity of 20, the Kunais will seek and home in towards the heads of enemies (within a very shallow radius of your crosshair which I feel could be broadened) and the Incarnon mode increases the Multishot too.

My thinking was "Great, a weapon that seeks enemies" and decided to apply Punch Through to it, hoping that the Kunai regardless if they retained their Homing or not after the initial target would go on to hit other enemies.

Turns out, once they hit their targetted enemies, the Kunai Incarnon essentially lose all their momentum and fall to the ground when using Punch Through, not even continuing in a straight line as you might expect.

They sometimes hit enemies close to the target but only if they are standing directly besides them.

To be clear I'm not upset that they don't continue to home for additional targets after the first target is hit, but I do hate that they don't continue their momentum and instead have zero potential at all with Punch Through.

• Like 2

There is precedent for it to function with punch through as the Cyanex does exactly that; projectiles lose their homing once running out of punch through.

Though it could be functioning as intended as the Kunai is a projectile weapon, might be intentional for its higher damage and headshot homing, or it's a bug/oversight. Whatever the case it might be worth a feedback/bug post regarding the issue.

• Like 1

There's a part of me that wonders if this could be working as expected?  Perhaps the projectile is trying to move towards the head again while still inside it, and thus uses up all its Punch Through distance before it can get out of the head due to the curved flight path being longer than a straight flight path?  It might be worth applying even more Punch Through and doing some tests to rule this kind of thing out.

I don't have Incarnon Kunai, but playing around in the Sim with MK1 Kunai and Fusilai, it looks like they lose a ton of momentum on PT.  Even with 2.1 PT and 40% flight speed equipped, I couldn't hit 3 targets in a line unless I aimed high up on the first one.  I used to use Spira and Fusilai a fair amount, and I don't recall them being so bad with PT, so possibly a bug?

Flight Speed does help as it became easy to hit even 4 targets  with 360% flight speed, lol.  So even though my results weren't good with 40%, I'd recommend trying Lethal Momentum and seeing  if you can tell a difference.

Sidebar:  Incarnon Dual Toxo doesn't auto-aim, but it does lean toward hitting heads on its ricochets if the initial hit was a headshot.  And with PT it's nuts, getting more ricochets off all the straight line targets.  It's just kind of funny since it seems vastly superior to Incarnon Kunai in most ways already.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

90% of the time warframe is disapointing....nothing new.

Your comment has a synergy with an ashtray on a motorbike. :tongue:

-----------------------------------------------

I really like the Kunai, heaps of fun, another thing I've found with it is you can charge it up really fast on low level Earth non steel Path missions, unlike some of the new incarnon weapons that can take ages because headshots need more charge to build up.

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

another thing I've found with it is you can charge it up really fast on low level Earth non steel Path missions, unlike some of the new incarnon weapons that can take ages because headshots need more charge to build up.

Yeah, when I get a new Incarnon I first test it on Mariana with my sentinels weapons removed and a warframe that doesn't interfere with it just to learn of the Incarnon mode before mutations and etc.

Bronco Incarnon is another one that charges up really fast. I think it only takes 4 headshots.