The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a melee weapon that has infinite combo duration and can passively gain combo count without using Rauta?

(PSN)Sentiel

Question

To explain the title.

I've been spoiled by Kullervo and now I want at least one melee weapon that can passively gain combo count so that I can dish out that x12 heavy attack once in a while but without actually having to use the said melee weapon to build the combo first.

6 answers to this question

The best candidate is probably going to be the new Ceramic dagger incarnon weapon, that has a perk "gun and blade" that allows you to stack 100 initial combo with primary kills which when combined with initial combo mods through corrupt charge, covert lethality and a riven with IC on it can get pretty high, not sure where the limit is but it is pretty high. And since it is all initial combo it won't go away when you heavy attack.

There might also be other options that might be worth looking into such as the Tenet Melees that can store combo when holstered or gunblades that don't quite meet the full bill but are able to score huge heavy attack hits. I am not sure how familiar you are with modding around heavy attack/combo multis since there are methods to build up combo multiplier quickly that allows for a dedicated heavy attack build.

Edited by XHADgaming
  • Like 2

Melee alone (with any frame/weapon setup)? I don't think so.

With certain setups you can achieve near infinite combo duration and high combo.

Excal/1, Ash 4th (afair), both with augment (afair) gives you combo on use. Protea, on 4th rewind, reset certain states and combo count as well. You know about Kullervo.

They are probably affected by melee mods - read more in wiki.

Naramon decay combo. 5 combo at time, affected by combo duration afair.

If you could do at least something with melee then there are some ways to 12x (or high enough) combo.

Some weapons have fast combo gain. Stropha can gain 12x combo with 1 shoot (with combo mods & many enemies). Redemer (maybe prime) can do similar but less efficient. Slash weapons can use Relentless combination to gain combo on slash proc. Ghoulsaw heavy attack is good for that (Relentless combination mod). Praedos has more combo on slams. It's nice with Naramon.

Naramon has 'ability' that on Operator slam, it doubles combo gain.

Heavy efficiency makes you not use whole combo. It's capped at 90% (so from 100 combo you only take 10, 90 left). There are mods. Certain frame(s) has efficiency as ability/passive. One of Voruna's passive is heavy efficiency.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

The best candidate is probably going to be the new Ceramic dagger incarnon weapon, that has a perk "gun and blade" that allows you to stack 100 initial combo with primary kills which when combined with initial combo mods through corrupt charge, covert lethality and a riven with IC on it can get pretty high, not sure where the limit is but it is pretty high. And since it is all initial combo it won't go away when you heavy attack.

This is it! I'm getting Ceramic Dagger then. Going by the data on Semlar, I could hope for around 40 IC on a Riven, paired with Corrupt Charge, it could easily end up in the 9th bonus bracket (160 IC). It's not as good as Kullervo but it fits the bill.

Thanks a million! 💜

No infinite duration, but Innodem has a couple of perks that allow combo generation while doing other things.  I haven't used the slide perk, but combo on ammo pick up is pretty effective with hybrid range / melee.

26 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

And since it is all initial combo it won't go away when you heavy attack.

Heavy attacks expend  initial combo, reduced by heavy attack efficiency as normal.  But the combo regenerates quickly on its own.

• Like 1

Ceramic Dagger would be your best choice.

If they would actually fix throw weapons, the Xoris might be even better. Why? Because of its infinite duration and extreme radius upon charge attack explosions.

What they need to fix: The insane amount of charge time, not reflecting the actual real charge mechanic when melee-throwing fully charged/loaded, which is out of this world when using throw weapons with Kullervo's first ability.