The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Different game modes with different characters.

Velblack

It was fun playing as Grineer, Corpus and Dax with their unique playstyle during The New War. I enjoyed playing as Kahl when he was add with a playable mode for him, which I hope they add more missions to in the future.

Playing Teshin was kinda like playing a warframe so don't think we are getting a game mode for Dax but won’t mind if one is added.

With Corpus it was fun playing with Veso and his unique, beastmaster-esque arsenal, puzzle solving and the fight against the Jackal. Hope DE consider adding the Corpus game mode in the future.

My suggestion is for a playable Orokin. The Orokin don't necessary need to be buddy-buddy with us, but more of a forced business/have no choice on the matter relationship.

Nihil seems to be a good pick since he is already been established as a character and they have his model ready to be used instead of creating a new character from scratch. His oubliette can act as his "summon point", which we use as a leash to tug on to force him in/out at our command to do missions.

I’m unsure of what the playstyle can be for him but going with his theme, maybe puzzle solving by using his power to glass and move things around, break them or use shards to connect/disconnect objects.

Nihil abilities can be glassing objects/enemies, teleport, summon shards (for attacks or can be for buff and debuff) and use glassed enemies for defense or use to attack by throwing them after glassing.

As for the missions since Nihil is the creator of the Cephalon the missions could be about unlocking the memories for these Cephalon or just for Ordis only and we get more infos about him when he was Ordan Karris, The Beast of Bones.

The other option can be about forcing him to free some of the people he glassed (and we end up with new enemies/boss to deal with...) or we can just go with the typical we need some resource only he can get because of his nature and the places he can access.

We got the cool Grineer, the brave Corpus and the awesome Dax so why not a sassy Orokin roommate :D

26 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Ive never seen someone more wrong than you :D

There's tons of people who enjoyed the change of pace. I personally did as well, only in the case of it being one-off to add story to The New War. As a repetitive gamemode though, no thanks, I like my account progression to play with.

36 minutes ago, Voltage said:

There's tons of people who enjoyed the change of pace. I personally did as well, only in the case of it being one-off to add story to The New War. As a repetitive gamemode though, no thanks, I like my account progression to play with.

It was a joke man. I mean I havent met anyone who didnt get the life sucked out of them during new war for this reason yet, the only good thing they said was "puzzles", but its still just opinion vs opinion, I dont judge the OP or anything. But man I hope Kahl gets actually fixed (sped up) rather than his crappy speed being forced on me in more missions than just his.

16 minutes ago, LascarCapable said:

I'd definitely welcome having Veso style gameplay going back, though I have no idea how we can adapt the robot based puzzles into randomised tilesets without making these repetitive if they occur on a tile specific basis.

There is no way to make it not repetitive. The reason it isnt repeptitive in new war is that you only do it once. Any more than that it would be repetitive regardless. Speaking of new activities though, I liked a lot the recall ten zero halloween alert that we have in game now (its the second one I think). where you get cores from consoles and then insert cores into door to unlock them. We could definitely use this more often so there isnt only one way of hacking everything.

10 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

It was a joke man.

It's hard for me to read comments like that as a joke when I encounter so many bad takes regularly on the Forums. My bad.

11 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

I mean I havent met anyone who didnt get the life sucked out of them during new war for this reason yet, the only good thing they said was "puzzles", but its still just opinion vs opinion, I dont judge the OP or anything. But man I hope Kahl gets actually fixed (sped up) rather than hsi crappy speed being forced on my in more missions than just his.

For sure. I honestly have grown to not mind the Kahl missions mostly because I've memorized everything in them. Sure, he's slower, but since Duviri, Kahl is actually more tolerable than the Drifter. Not only that, but I can complete my weekly Kahl mission in under 30 minutes every time, and under 15 minutes regularly if the challenges aren't too weird.

My only gripe with Kahl is the failure to integrate his rewards with Tauforged Shards.

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

For sure. I honestly have grown to not mind the Kahl missions mostly because I've memorized everything in them. Sure, he's slower, but since Duviri, Kahl is actually more tolerable than the Drifter. Not only that, but I can complete my weekly Kahl mission in under 30 minutes every time, and under 15 minutes regularly if the challenges aren't too weird.

My only gripe with Kahl is the failure to integrate his rewards with Tauforged Shards.

Yeah, being a pro eases the pain a lot, but there is still no excuse for the friggin prison break. Yet, that said, youre right that the duviri update made Kahl look better in comparison.

Just now, MaxTunnerX said:

Yeah, being a pro eases the pain a lot, but there is still no excuse for the friggin prison break. Yet, that said, youre right that the duviri update made Kahl look better in comparison.

It's not that bad. What bothers me about Kahl is the same thing that bothers me about most updates. It's not that the gamemode and ideas are just bad, it's that I know for a fact they will be abandoned and end up feeling terrible later on. Kahl on launch certainly had some issues (like his movement/combat), but what bothers me the most is that I knew none of it would ever be addressed because they've already moved on to something else. The opposite happened with Plains of Eidolon. It was a major focus for a long time, so all the issues from the launch that made it feel subpar to play were addressed in a relatively organized fashion. Sure, it still has issues like everything in this game, but several iterations of improvement made its way there. Kahl on the other hand, is just left to rot.

4 hours ago, Velblack said:

My suggestion is for a playable Orokin. The Orokin don't necessary need to be buddy-buddy with us, but more of a forced business/have no choice on the matter relationship.

Me imagining us playing Alad V in the same style as playing Dr. Fluke Hawkins in MDK2, running around collecting a bunch of trash to make apparatus and shooting Radioactive Toasts from an Atomic Toaster.

They could extend veilbreaker by giving us multiple characters to select for the missions instead of having only Kahl (as well as having some new missions)

Let us choose our liches/sisters and play with their skillsets. That could be fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2023-08-13 at 2:53 PM, Velblack said:

It was fun playing as Grineer, Corpus and Dax with their unique playstyle during The New War. I enjoyed playing as Kahl when he was add with a playable mode for him, which I hope they add more missions to in the future.

Playing Teshin was kinda like playing a warframe so don't think we are getting a game mode for Dax but won’t mind if one is added.

With Corpus it was fun playing with Veso and his unique, beastmaster-esque arsenal, puzzle solving and the fight against the Jackal. Hope DE consider adding the Corpus game mode in the future.

Nihil seems to be a good pick since he is already been established as a character and they have his model ready to be used instead of creating a new character from scratch. His oubliette can act as his "summon point", which we use as a leash to tug on to force him in/out at our command to do missions.

I’m unsure of what the playstyle can be for him but going with his theme, maybe puzzle solving by using his power to glass and move things around, break them or use shards to connect/disconnect objects.

Nihil abilities can be glassing objects/enemies, teleport, summon shards (for attacks or can be for buff and debuff) and use glassed enemies for defense or use to attack by throwing them after glassing.

As for the missions since Nihil is the creator of the Cephalon the missions could be about unlocking the memories for these Cephalon or just for Ordis only and we get more infos about him when he was Ordan Karris, The Beast of Bones.

The other option can be about forcing him to free some of the people he glassed (and we end up with new enemies/boss to deal with...) or we can just go with the typical we need some resource only he can get because of his nature and the places he can access.

We got the cool Grineer, the brave Corpus and the awesome Dax so why not a sassy Orokin roommate :D

I can see this happening as of late due to them introducing different game modes, as of their recent trailers.

I don't know how I feel about the quality though given how buggy their game modes are.

No thanks, I'd rather have more reasons to play warframes, not more half-baked alternatives that aren't invested in enough to be fun. I don't mind some variety - if it's done well. I do mind all progress on warframe gameplay (the uh main reason I'm playing WF) being halted to serve up a half-boiled game mode that is promptly abandoned.

On 2023-08-13 at 4:53 AM, Velblack said:

Kahl's three missions have aged poorly.  They're incredibly repetitive.  Veko would be worse.  Environmental puzzles with no meaningful variation between repeats would be miserable.  I think it's unreasonable to expect DE to make interesting repeatable content for Velo.  Sure, sending a MOA to go and clear an obstacle was moderately interesting in a one-off quest.  It would quickly lose its luster were DE to staple it to weekly content like they did with Kahl.

Archived