Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Soundtrack 2 Digital Copy for Vinyl Owners?

Dragoon

Hey there DE!

I'm honestly not sure where to put this but Sound Feedback seemed to be the best place. I was in person at Tennocon 2023 and I had a blast! I also made sure I was early enough to snatch up one of the first physical copies of the Warframe Soundtrack 2. I adored the first set and the second's box art is incredible on its own, let alone the three amazingly styled records contained inside, each with yet another really snazzy cover.

My question/feedback is thus: the first soundtrack came with a digital download code for Bandcamp so I could put the sounds I love on my phone for on the go not just my record player at home. I bought the second soundtrack expecting that to be the same but apparently there's no code or digital release available at this time? Will there be a digital release and if so, will I be able to submit my receipt for a code when that happens? I really love the music of Warframe and I was hoping I'd be able to take it with me anywhere not just at home, so I hope something like that is in the works but I didn't know where to pose the question.

Thank you for your awesome work on the sounds and songs of Warframe!

Sincerely,

A huge fan of the sound design - Dragoon.

• Like 3

Hello @Dragoon! Glad that you had a good time at Tenno Con this year and thanks for picking up a copy of the soundtrack!

We are currently working on a digital release of the second soundtrack and will announce this when it is ready. We are also working on a way to grant digital access codes to those that purchased the physical vinyl copy.

• Like 10

22 hours ago, [DE]erichdigital said:

Hello @Dragoon! Glad that you had a good time at Tenno Con this year and thanks for picking up a copy of the soundtrack!

We are currently working on a digital release of the second soundtrack and will announce this when it is ready. We are also working on a way to grant digital access codes to those that purchased the physical vinyl copy.

I appreciate the personal response! That just made my day better, so thank you!

I look forward to the digital release - my drives to work always need more awesome music!

• 1 month later...

Yeah I saw the News post about the issue in game today! As someone who bought the physical copy, I just need to wait for however they choose to give out redemption codes to those of us that bought it at Tennocon.

Sooo looking forward to it! I'm not sure if I should make a support ticket or just wait to see where I need to give my receipt to get the code.

Happy listening, fellow Tenno!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-09-13 at 11:49 AM, [DE]erichdigital said:

We are also working on a way to grant digital access codes to those that purchased the physical vinyl copy.

Well, it's been almost two weeks since the release and the News article didn't include any way for physical copy owners to claim codes. I want to stay patient but I also really want to take the music along with me. I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation since the first soundtrack came with a digital copy as well, right?

I know you have no control over marketing and whatnot, but do you happen to have any info, Erich? I tried asking while you were on the Devstream but chat scrolls past way too fast even tagging the Warframe channel lol.

Hope everything continues to go well! For now I'll just keep waiting.

12 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Well, it's been almost two weeks since the release and the News article didn't include any way for physical copy owners to claim codes. I want to stay patient but I also really want to take the music along with me. I don't think it's an unrealistic expectation since the first soundtrack came with a digital copy as well, right?

I know you have no control over marketing and whatnot, but do you happen to have any info, Erich? I tried asking while you were on the Devstream but chat scrolls past way too fast even tagging the Warframe channel lol.

Hope everything continues to go well! For now I'll just keep waiting.

Thanks for your patience! We are still working on this.

Edited by [DE]erichdigital

• 1 month later...

Well it's now the 1st of December. Tennocon was August 26th, and the digital release of the second soundtrack was finally made available a month and a half later in the middle of October.

@[DE]erichdigital has responded a couple of times saying it's still in the works, but there has been nothing on official Devstreams or notices about progress.@[DE]Megan, as the community manager, would you be able to answer this question from a member of the community? The first soundtrack came with a digital download code so I don't see why the second one wouldn't as well, which feels bad to be asked for even more money for something that was given for free before. I'm going to tag @[DE]Rebecca this time too just for a bit of added exposure. Coming up on the end of the year here and I'm thinking I'm waiting for something that isn't going to happen.

Since I tagged you anyway, I'd like to thank you both again for signing my artbook at Tennocon! I should have brought the soundtrack for signing too but maybe I'll do that next year if I go again.

Thank you for your time. I'm going to keep bumping this occasionally because I was told something was being done.

(Editing this to tag Erich after days gone by. I totally understand the two tagged are super busy though - I was just hoping to get some more information.)

Erich, since you've been awesome enough to have replied to this thread a couple of times already, do you think asking if I'll see anything before Christmas an unreal expectation, or should I just give up? Is there another community manager I should tag that can pass things along? Asking the admin and creative director was a long shot since of course they're crazy busy, but wanted to give it a shot anyway.

Thanks.

Edited by Dragoon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this again because it looks like we may have seen our last hotfix of 2023.

DE, you're going on vacation soon. Everyone deserves one, and I would never begrudge you yours, but I bought this album back in August. Erich said something was in the works for this and I've trusted that - I was just hoping I'd at least get it before the new year. A timely Christmas present, if you will. I could use receipt codes, the code for the in-game poster art, I have lots I can provide that could be used to gain a bandcamp code, I just want to be able to take it on the go. This was offered free with the first soundtrack so it seems strange it would take so long for the second. I'm kinda bummed this was even in question, honestly.

On 2023-10-31 at 9:19 AM, [DE]erichdigital said:

@[DE]erichdigital , any news? @[DE]Megan, tagging you again just in case.

Anyway, enjoy your holiday!

Edited by Dragoon

• Dragoon changed the title to Warframe Soundtrack 2 Digital Copy for Vinyl Owners?
  • 2 weeks later...

@[DE]TaylorI know you're an admin so figured I'd tag you here just because of how often poor Megan probably gets tagged. I'd really appreciate it if you passed along my inquiry. Erich responded once at the end of October but he hasn't been on again since the beginning of December. It's halfway through the first month of the new year and no further news about getting digital codes for our physical albums.

On 2023-10-31 at 9:19 AM, [DE]erichdigital said:

I'm still waiting, and I will still continue to update this thread in the meantime.

14 hours ago, Dragoon said:

@[DE]TaylorI know you're an admin so figured I'd tag you here just because of how often poor Megan probably gets tagged. I'd really appreciate it if you passed along my inquiry. Erich responded once at the end of October but he hasn't been on again since the beginning of December. It's halfway through the first month of the new year and no further news about getting digital codes for our physical albums.

I'm still waiting, and I will still continue to update this thread in the meantime.

@Dragoon We are still working on this and have not forgotten about it.

As I have stated earlier, we will let everyone know when and if this is able to happen. 

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by [DE]erichdigital
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 2023-09-13 at 11:49 AM, [DE]erichdigital said:

On 2024-01-16 at 6:31 AM, [DE]erichdigital said:

@Dragoon We are still working on this and have not forgotten about it.

As I have stated earlier, we will let everyone know when and if this is able to happen. 

Thank you for your patience.

I'm sorry if my once a month bumps to this post were too much. I haven't done one since your January post in solidarity, but with TennoCon 2024 already fast approaching, that means it's almost been a year here. I also can't help but emphasize how it went from 'when' to 'if', so I know it's very likely nothing will happen, but hey, I'm not giving up hope yet. A digital code should have always been with the physical soundtrack exactly like it was in the first one.

I'm not going to TennoCon this year, so I won't get to talk to you again in person, but I do want to thank you again for all your work on the awesome sound design in this game.

Edited by Dragoon
  • Like 1