Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog Days Is Still Unfun

(XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom

The addition of water balloons is nice but doesn't alleviate the main problems: Your primary weapon feels bad to use and shop prices are still too high.

The Soaktron feels as bad as ever, especially now that the pool of stuff that can boost its damage grows ever smaller (RIP Vigorous Swap).

I feel bad for any newer players who have to play catchup from previous years. This year alone, about 2000 pearls worth of items got added, more if you want multiples of anything. That's ~27 runs with 25 kills each, which is pretty high (that's 1 kill every 12 seconds).

I know some reply is gonna say "just do a little each day, it lasts a month" but doesn't really address the issue; Dog Days remains unfun even doing 1 run a day.

I found the best way to deal with enemies using the Soaktron is to kite them. The biggest problem I have with the weapon is that the enemies tend to strafe and when your projectiles have poor travel time, it makes landing shots an absolute nightmare. If you're kiting them, they have to run towards you before they will strafe, making it a huge deal easier to land shots on them.

the 'Grenades' is indeed nice.

my main complaint is that the 'shots' from the Waterguns are way too opaque and always have been. anytime you're shooting you're basically blind. where even is anything in front of you? who knows, can't see anything.

I think they should just cut down match time a lot but keep 50 nakak pearl reward intact with of course 1 kill = 1 nakak pearl.

Event itself can be fun when done couple times but it's the grind and repeating same thing over and over that makes it unfun.

Other thing could be upgradable soaktron?

Or more modes so players could switch between different things to ease repetition?

I'm glad I got pretty much everything already so I don't have a need to do it.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

The addition of water balloons is nice but doesn't alleviate the main problems: Your primary weapon feels bad to use and shop prices are still too high.

The Soaktron feels as bad as ever, especially now that the pool of stuff that can boost its damage grows ever smaller (RIP Vigorous Swap).

I feel bad for any newer players who have to play catchup from previous years. This year alone, about 2000 pearls worth of items got added, more if you want multiples of anything. That's ~27 runs with 25 kills each, which is pretty high (that's 1 kill every 12 seconds).

I know some reply is gonna say "just do a little each day, it lasts a month" but doesn't really address the issue; Dog Days remains unfun even doing 1 run a day.

9 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I think they should just cut down match time a lot but keep 50 nakak pearl reward intact with of course 1 kill = 1 nakak pearl.

Event itself can be fun when done couple times but it's the grind and repeating same thing over and over that makes it unfun.

This is the part where DE should change Nakak pearl drops to Tier 1: 50% nakak pearl per kill, Tier 2: 100% nakak pearl per kill, T3: 200% nakak pearl per kill, T4: 350% nakak pearl per kill

DE, please remove Dog Days. Replace it with something else. The reload on the soaker sucks, the lack of frame choices meaning ANYTHING sucks, the fact you keep nerfing Literally Everything that could speed up our farming on the mode sucks, and the sheer amount of grinding is beyond insane. This mode isn't fun, you know how you could make it fun? Take away the Alt Fire to Pump thing, it kills my hands every year. The grenades were a step in the right direction, but they also don't do enough damage to oneshot after Round 1 - and it eventually becomes more efficient to just use the stupid soaker. The hit detection is absolute garbage - no matter how many years I do this, my main strategy ends up being 'Get jumpy and get up in their faces so my attacks actually register' because otherwise they won't half the time. Also, for the love of god, Make the shop prices sane! I made a list of the things I need from Dog Days still, I've listed their prices, I've done this for a few years. Do you want to guess how many pearls I need? Just shy of 7000. On a mode that, past the first 250 from the milestones, you get them 1 at a time per kill on the final mission.

Dog Days doesn't respect your time, it's not fun, and it deserves to go the same direction Solar Rails did. Assuming I manage 50 kills a round, and taking start and end times into account, I'm looking at around 6 hours of grinding to get everything. There's no way to speed it up, because every way we had that would affect the mode (Vigorous Swap, Infusions, Archon Shards) has been patched out. At this point, instead of heralding the joys of Summer, Dog Days has become a soul sucking monster that makes me wish that Summer was over rather than look at it one more day. For the love of god, end this hot mess and give us a better way of getting the Nakak Pearl items.

(Apparently forgot we get base 50 pearls a round. Still, 6 hours of grinding on that mode is beyond stupid.)

I think one of the absolute biggest issues it has is that it DISCOURAGES team play.
Only your own kills give you pearls. Which turns public matches into an inconsistent competition instead of a team effort. And makes solo matches just far more lucrative.
Solo matches are also a lot more boring than public ones especially for this event. It's just really, REALLY poor design.

It would also be nice if there was some level of effect the frame you choose had on the gameplay. As it is none of your equipment matters. And while some might think that makes it balanced, I just think it's boring.

Archived