Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack is still an unfinished buggy mess by the way (though 100x less buggy than on release!)

Traumtulpe

7 hours ago, RichardKam said:

1. Crewmate pilot cannot aim the ship at enemy crewship when you are at the artillery (yes, they can).

2. Crewmate pilot cannot destroy radiators (yes, they can).

They can sometimes. Other times the pilot takes a turn while you're charging the artillery, wasting your shot. Or they just keep shooting into a rock perpetually. A broken clock has the right time twice per day, seems about on par.

• Like 1

On 2023-08-22 at 4:35 PM, Pakaku said:

Railjack was cool when it was about having an actual battleship to take care of, where everyone needed to pick a role, when fighter ships to shoot, and the little side-areas to explore off the ship really were just side-areas or mini objectives. I'm okay with hopping off to kill a crewship, or sabotage an asteroid base or Murex, but the main meat of the mission was still all about the Railjack combat

I stopped playing it around the time they dumbed the ship mechanics down (too difficult for uncoordinated random squads, apparently) and when the ship became a glorified taxi to the otherwise standard Corpus missions, which took attention away from the Railjack itself

Needless to say, it's a failure now that's not worth playing, it's a dead-end content island, and the worst part is how DE did it on purpose

On 2023-09-21 at 6:40 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Because RJ is intended for a full group, hence why objectives and so on are faster with a group where people can split up across the whole map for different duties. Someone piloting, another killing ships, a third crafting and the the 4th hitting up inside objectives.

You pretty much have 4 duties to engage 4 players.

On 2023-09-21 at 5:24 PM, Voltage said:

Omitting the person you quoted, I agree. There is a difference between micromanagement and tedium, and the best version of Railjack micromanagement was a Railjack Demo in 2018 that we never got. What we have now is tedium because it's been watered down.

That's the sad part out of all of this. RJ got watered down, it came out and got watered down even more before it was pretty much abandoned. I remember in the early days of RJ, god how I loved it. One of those moments where I joined a pub and everyone communicated, call dibs on roles and we all executed perfectly. 2 man groups, Away team and RJ team. So much fun. Hell, I think I'm one of the rare psychos who liked Scarlett Spear. I honestly would love more WF that pushes us to not just group up and endlessly and effortlessly wail on crap but force us to do more co-op. Where success comes from being somewhat competent at the game, and being able to work together in smaller groups if necessary to multi task objectives. But I've long since given up on that. The player base is too collectively smooth brained for that. Anything that does not play into their one sided god complex will be met with a cacophony of Reee'ing. 

• Like 1

On 2023-09-23 at 4:11 AM, Naroxas44 said:

The point I've gathered is that while they clearly can, the AI should be able to handle state changes more effectively and not bug out, as it's a game mechanic; otherwise, it should be tweaked or removed entirely, if it's going to be so broken it causes issues or misinterpretation for players (referring specifically to pilot here, based on the videos provided).

From what I saw of the Reddit video, the pilot was not navigating to the POI effectively and the gunners were not attempting to shoot the radiator. This is indeed the AI mechanics failing to do a "function" (ideally pilot should navigate to radiator and gunners should shoot the radiator); however, I will say I don't think the AI is intended to play the whole mission for you, and while it is "mission stopping" in so much that it forces the player to take manual action, this seems a bit manageable in this context given it's to progress the mission.

And before "are you trying to justify a bug", no this is clearly janky and leaves a bad impression on players (seeing the ship flail around back and forth damaging itself or something dumb), and needs to be changed in some manner - to me, I think the intent was that the AI would assist but not always progress, otherwise they'd automate the entire mission. It should still require player input, and be transparent about that (it's not really currently). In this case, it's annoying to go in and out of the POI for the objectives but only eats up like, a minute of extra time to complete it, and forces some manual player action to progress.

Maybe if it let you manually assign a target to the AI (requires player input), or said the AI roles would not target POI or something more transparent it would feel less annoying, but I feel like it's currently designed at a very rudimentary level and it's a coin toss whether or not it helps to complete certain POI requirements, while not really indicating which ones it can or cannot help with. I think it "half working" from what I've read on it seems to be the cause of most frustrations, and most of them stem from pilot too so that would be a good place they could start to make adjustments (if they ever go back to another railjack tweak or patch).

Then why should someone hire Crewmates when you are telling Players to just do it all themselves

Then what is the point of Crewmates when they waste an entire Intrinsics menu, The entire Squad command menu

When they stop auto repairing the Railjack, When they stop autokilling enemies, When you kit them out with lite mod/skill menu, When you choose their role in and out of mission, When you waste a few Million Credits to hire Elites, When the Call on beacon sends a Crewmember that just stands there and stares, When you get a Converted Crewmate that now does nothing but be decoration

They don't hijack or enter anything so they should atleast do the two roles with turrets considering the player is already Manually raiding the enemy ships and bases, let alone the Player Manually destroying Crewships and Shields, Its not like they Autowin for the player in the first place when they can't do Objectives (That was your poor excuse that was already incorrect by what the Crewmates roles are supposed to be)

Why have Crewmates, Because they are supposed to be Railjack exclusive allies to Prevent impossible solo crew Scenarios, Aswell as create a smoother Gameplay experience for solo or partially empty squads

Whats the point of Railjack if you can't play without a crew, Whats the point of a Hardcore Questline to unlock Railjack

All these questions you didn't ask because you didn't care to Understand the problem

If they can't do what they are supposed to be there for, then why have Railjack in the game

Just because they Automatically do things doesn't make it a reason to force Manual Gameplay for every detail, Example Star Wars Battlefront a game that is Automatic but You the player Manually does stuff that improves or demolishes their chances to win

This isn't a game of chess where you move both sides to play by yourself with 20 sides to play

Its not Lazy players its that Railjack is a learning wall, and the Crewmates smooth that wall by doing what the player should not be focusing on, Mainly because the player is trying to focus on finishing the objective not spend an hour doing chores they hired others to do

void storm was one of the biggest graphical aberrations that DE put in the game... highly uncomfortable watching so many white explosions on the screen. People who are more sensitive to this can't even go near this game mode....I hope DE removes these abusive effects from the screen. It is not acceptable for games to have so many polluting effects on the screen....