Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack is still an unfinished buggy mess by the way (though 100x less buggy than on release!)

Traumtulpe

A picture says more than a thousand words:

8nPNWFb.png

Yep, crewmembers are still useless. I was waiting several minutes while constantly getting damaged by exploding environmental hazards (because exploding S#&$ for no reason all over the map everywhere is fun?). This is the stuff I'm talking about:

UTHS5TF.png

Also why do we still have 2 charges of artillery when there's 8 crewships to blow up per mission? Just to be annoying? Because if that was DE's goal they are hitting it splendidly.

Also every single transition (Railjack - Archwing - Objective - Archwing, etc) removes my buffs. And everything you do (like those transitions, or just using the artillery, or the turret, or piloting the Railjack) disables the sprint toggle. Also Railjack controls are still trash - why are there no seperate buttons for sprinting and "warp speed"? And the Railjack layout is just cumbersome, like it's designed for enemies and hazards to hide in corners, and to have as much distance as possible between everything. And if I want to use Railjack abilities I'm forced to bring one of 3 Warframes for the mission - I guess actually balancing the Railjack was too much work.

Man, this could have been fun. As it stands it's Archwing 2.0. Why does DE never learn? Why do they never finish anything? Why don't they fix bugs? Yes they fixed *some* bugs, but you don't just do half of your work and call it "good enough". Well I guess some people do. Every single time.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 4

Let me address some of your questions.

Those are called "void sink", an environment hazard unique to void storm aka fissure in railjack. You can move out of the way or - surprise - you can shoot them and destroy them. It was so much fun playing a squishy frame in veil proxima void storm. 

Crewmate. They are good engineers and gunners. Defense is OK-ish if you give them kuva or tenet weapons and if they are elite crewmates. Piloting is a bit tricky. From my experience they can destroy radiators about 75% of the time. I won't call it "a bug", just incompetent crewmate. 

Artillery charges. Seriously? You can build them in your forge man. 

I have no comment for railjack layout because I teleport between stations. 

Overall, railjack is about 7/10. Good, but could be better. I have no problem with the mechanics. Only demands are more mission types and more factions.

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Also why do we still have 2 charges of artillery when there's 8 crewships to blow up per mission?

To force you to use crewmates yourself. They don't want you in that ship alone. Be they other human players (it's 2 shots per player rather than 2 per Railjack) or NPCs from Ticker (they can craft more shots for you), they give you more Artillery charges, thus forcing you to use crewmates

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RichardKam said:

Let me address some of your questions.

Those are called "void sink", an environment hazard unique to void storm aka fissure in railjack. You can move out of the way or - surprise - you can shoot them and destroy them. It was so much fun playing a squishy frame in veil proxima void storm. 

Crewmate. They are good engineers and gunners. Defense is OK-ish if you give them kuva or tenet weapons and if they are elite crewmates. Piloting is a bit tricky. From my experience they can destroy radiators about 75% of the time. I won't call it "a bug", just incompetent crewmate. 

Artillery charges. Seriously? You can build them in your forge man. 

I have no comment for railjack layout because I teleport between stations. 

Overall, railjack is about 7/10. Good, but could be better. I have no problem with the mechanics. Only demands are more mission types and more factions.

You can shoot them down, and then 3 more pop up right next to you. Infinitely. Might as well ignore them.

Crewmates can fix holes in the Railjack and shoot down fighters, and if they don't get shot to death while trying to repair the Railjack (without defending themselves at all) they do fine on defending the railjack. On Piloting, attacking objectives, and shooting down crewships they are useless.

The pilot cannot aim the Railjack at a crewship while you use the artillery. The gunner cannot hit objectives a lot of the time. They can't use the artillery or the forge (I don't think). Also the Railjack moves super slow even when crewed by a 5/5 pilot.

How is it not a bug when the NPC trying to shoot the objective is aiming 100m off target, permanently?

Why do you think I should teleport to the forge, forge more artillery charges, teleport back to the front, and the continue to switch walking back and forth between pilot seat and artillery (where every single goddamn interaction with anything disables sprinting)? Why not just have 8 charges so if you aim perfectly you're good?

Railjack is 3/10. It's just another game DE tried to copy into Warframe and failed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Also why do we still have 2 charges of artillery when there's 8 crewships to blow up per mission?

Because RJ is intended for a full group, hence why objectives and so on are faster with a group where people can split up across the whole map for different duties. Someone piloting, another killing ships, a third crafting and the the 4th hitting up inside objectives.

You pretty much have 4 duties to engage 4 players.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You pretty much have 4 duties to engage 4 players.

I'm sorry, but "go teleport to the back of the ship to click a button" isn't engaging, not to one player and neither to 4.

If it was, how about we apply this to the rest of the game? Every time your magazine is empty you have to hit escape to open the menu, go into your options and look for the "refill magazine" button. Then open another menu and look for the "close the menu" button.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I'm sorry, but "go teleport to the back of the ship to click a button" isn't engaging, not to one player and neither to 4.

If it was, how about we apply this to the rest of the game? Every time your magazine is empty you have to hit escape to open the menu, go into your options and look for the "refill magazine" button. Then open another menu and look for the "close the menu" button.

Because you are for some reason hard bound to your dedicated task? Clearly there isnt an unoccupired gun, or an arti that needs to launch, or potential intruders to fend off or repairs to do?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

According to you, maybe. I for one enjoy it. Looks like micro-management is not the type of gameplay for you. You only want to do ONE thing at a time. Railjack 1.0 was full of micro-management and DE watered it down so much that it feels like I am playing the usual "muh power fantasy" Warframe.

On the bright side, Warframe is an archipelago where you can literally ignore huge parts of the game you hate without it being a progression block... except a very few outliers. Even that, you don't need to fully invest in one island to get rid of that block.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Divinehero said:

should try aiming at the engines for crew ships at least for the grineer ones.. artillery shot to the engines is a OHKO

I've got a math question for a smart guy like you; There's 8 crewships in the mission, and I have 2 artillery shots - given this situation, is you comment in any way shape or form relevant?

7 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

ignore huge parts of the game you hate without it being a progression block

You must have missed the part where I said I have everything in Railjack. Doesn't change the fact that it's a buggy mess.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

What how? They've never done that for me.

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Seconding this.

4 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Thirding.

Never once have I seen them craft anything. And I have everything maxed out relating to Railjack.

Ok I'll need to do some experimenting. I KNOW they can craft Revolite, but now I need to test if they can also craft ammo or if that's actually the Artillery Cheap Shot mod (it's been years so I don't know if that's even equipped or not)

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Doesn't change the fact that it's a buggy mess.

Buggy mess.. or it doesn't play the way you want it to be? I see you are rambling about 2 artillery shots. Well, can't you just craft it during the mission? Or is that too "tedious" or not "engaging" for you?

If that's the case, I don't know what to tell you. 

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Buggy mess.. or it doesn't play the way you want it to be? I see you are rambling about 2 artillery shots. Well, can't you just craft it during the mission? Or is that too "tedious" or not "engaging" for you?

There is no crafting. What is there, is you stopping what you were doing (fighting crewships) because you're out of ammo. You then open the menu and select the forge. Then turn on sprinting (because the game turned it off when you got on the artillery), use the forge, open the menu again and teleport to the front of the ship. And then you turn sprinting back on (because the game turned it off when you used the forge).

What is the point here? The game might as well ask you to open the menu and enter the Konami code to reload your secondary gun (and reset your keybinds while you're doing this).

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 2

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Traumtulpe:

A picture says more than a thousand words:

8nPNWFb.png

Yep, crewmembers are still useless. I was waiting several minutes while constantly getting damaged by exploding environmental hazards (because exploding S#&$ for no reason all over the map everywhere is fun?). This is the stuff I'm talking about:

UTHS5TF.png

Also why do we still have 2 charges of artillery when there's 8 crewships to blow up per mission? Just to be annoying? Because if that was DE's goal they are hitting it splendidly.

Also every single transition (Railjack - Archwing - Objective - Archwing, etc) removes my buffs. And everything you do (like those transitions, or just using the artillery, or the turret, or piloting the Railjack) disables the sprint toggle. Also Railjack controls are still trash - why are there no seperate buttons for sprinting and "warp speed"? And the Railjack layout is just cumbersome, like it's designed for enemies and hazards to hide in corners, and to have as much distance as possible between everything. And if I want to use Railjack abilities I'm forced to bring one of 3 Warframes for the mission - I guess actually balancing the Railjack was too much work.

Man, this could have been fun. As it stands it's Archwing 2.0. Why does DE never learn? Why do they never finish anything? Why don't they fix bugs? Yes they fixed *some* bugs, but you don't just do half of your work and call it "good enough". Well I guess some people do. Every single time.

Works for me... my Crewmates do their jobs so good that sometimes I have to swap them out if I need something special done (e.g. when I have to conquer an enemy ship  and destroy fighters with it for Nightwave). Yeah, their defense is not so good, but it works if you add a Kuva Lich into the mix with a good weapon.

You are not supposed to solo missions, you know, but it still works, even on the highest level.

Bugs? I cannot remember the last game breaking bug. Small anoyances? Yeah, they are real, but very rare. You don't even seem to know what Void Storms are. Oh and it seems you don't know that you can build more artillery charges. Say what you want, but it is fun for me to do Railjack solo, so much to do. Fighting, shooting, defending, re-building resources, finish missions outside, blow up crewships. Seems you don't like it, which is ok.

If I were you, I would seek the forum for information, not for complaints. I would be embarassed when I complain without even knowing some basic concepts (like Void Storms or rebuilding resources). You are angry, like many people on the internet. Why? This game is for free.... be thankful for the fairest game on the whole F2P market.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

I would be embarassed when I complain without even knowing some basic concepts

Congratulations on commenting on a thread you clearly have neither read, nor understood. Carry on please, I'm sure your wisdom is required in several more unrelated threads.

• Like 2

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Traumtulpe:

Congratulations on commenting on a thread you clearly have neither read, nor understood. Carry on please, I'm sure your wisdom is required in several more unrelated threads.

Please Sir, enlighten me. From my perspective, he complained about useless crewmates (which they are not, you just need to have some knowledge about their strength and weaknesses and try out or learn about it.

Then he comlained about void storms, which he clearly did not understand.

After this he complained about having only 2 charges for the artillery, which you can rebuild and he did not know anything about.

Oh, and the railjack controls are apparently trash, because he somehow wants separate buttons between "warp speed" (whatever that is) and sprinting (what does sprinting have to do with Railjack?). But hey, the railjack is clearly too much space to cover and he obviously does not know that you can teleport in the Railjack.

So what exactly did I not understand? Nearly every single of his arguments are easily remedied with tools in the game. I know, we live in a time where we want to get rid of sports, because children cannot take a loss. So if someone goes public with some baseless rambling with a very agressive tone I might add and I answer in the exact same tone, you obviously  feel the need to complain about me and protect him? Always open to criticism, so shoot.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

I've got a math question for a smart guy like you; There's 8 crewships in the mission, and I have 2 artillery shots - given this situation, is you comment in any way shape or form relevant?

You must have missed the part where I said I have everything in Railjack. Doesn't change the fact that it's a buggy mess.

mvwujiI.png

Maybe if you spent less time stomping your feet throwing tantrums over how the system is not engaging and actually engage with it, you'd see you can have more than 2 shots.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, kamisama85 said:

mvwujiI.png

Maybe if you spent less time stomping your feet throwing tantrums over how the system is not engaging and actually engage with it, you'd see you can have more than 2 shots.

Yes, and the reason he's complaining is that there's no reason to make it that way instead of just having you start, or at the least Mod, with 8.

Again everything I see in Railjack is just another game that they wanted to shove into Warframe with wildly different systems that is not present within the rest of the game. Making me wonder why make it part of Warframe in the first place.

A post above said that "Now that it's watered so that it's like the rest of Warframe" like that's a BAD thing.

It's such a needless busy work on a game mode where the main gimmick is literally busy work.

• Like 2

btw this is one of the big reasons that I don't like to play Railjack.

Knowing that my progress can stall because AI bugs.

Look if people can, rightfully, complain about how bad defection, operative defense and how bad their AI can be. The fact that when Railjack ai is complained about it's always pushed aside is dumb as all hell.

It's bad AI that bugs the #*!% out and stalls your mission, which should not happen and can and has ruined perception of Railjack.

• Like 4