Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Update to Eidolon Arcane Drops

(XBOX)omegaMAXIMUS080

With many Eidolon Arcanes being obsolete, not used, and others available from other vendors or events, it is time

to finally revisit the Eidolon Arcane Drops and update to more usefull Arcanes and doing away the trash Arcanes

that nobody wants or uses, ie Arcane Ice and Arcane Warmth...just as an example.

I would appreciate this being elevated to the Developers and Community Mangers, Rebecca and Meghan.

• Like 1

Bear in mind that by removing some unwanted arcanes, you make it easier to get some of the rarer ones. By making the rarer arcanes more common, you reduce their value.

Eidolon feel like a chore to grind and I have no idea how people have the patience for that crap. I almost burned myself out grinding for focus for all schools in the early days of the Plains. You reduce or remove the incentive to grind, people will feel less incentivized to do it.

I am not talking about removing Arcanes without replacing them with other relevant Arcanes thereby not reducing the drop chance

of the Super Rares like Arcane Energizer, however the drop rate for Energizer could be a few points better at least.  

At this time when the next update is bringing Mod changes and many quality of life changes, I think its also time to revist

the Eidolon Arcane Drop Table.

I feel like many of the arcanes one might deem as useles might be useful to someone else. "One mans trash is another one's treasure."

I do think though that we should have more ways to aquire Energize, Grace and Barrier than just the Hydrolyst and Veil Proxima Orphyx (and the occasional Nightwave that randomly awards 3).

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime

22 hours ago, taiiat said:

don't expect any Content additions to Eidolons, ever. it's unpopular with the casual Players, and they get served first. that's why Eidolon Arcanes are available elsewhere plus being intentionally powercreeped out.

That is a good analysis.  I just wonder if power creeping the Eidolon Arcanes out of demand and existence is the acutally the intent of DE?

5 hours ago, (XBOX)omegaMAXIMUS080 said:

That is a good analysis.  I just wonder if power creeping the Eidolon Arcanes out of demand and existence is the acutally the intent of DE?

i can't imagine they're doing it by accident
and it's an avenue that would receive less resistance than nerfing or removing Eidolon Arcanes.

Am 30.9.2023 um 15:15 schrieb taiiat:

don't expect any Content additions to Eidolons, ever. it's unpopular with the casual Players, and they get served first. that's why Eidolon Arcanes are available elsewhere plus being intentionally powercreeped out.

It's exactly the opposite.

The reason why all the new arcanes, especially duviri arcanes, are bad and useless, is because Eidolons need to retain their relevancy to have big ticket items on the market incentivizing platinum purchases.

Every rare Eidolon arcane is still meta and Arcane Barrier/Aegis will jump right back to the top with the next update.

Energize,Fury,Strike,Acceleration,Velocity. You name it. These are all the meta arcanes in the games with Zariman Arcanes like Molt Augmented, Efficiency, Reconstruct supplementing them. Also, Arcane Energize is still a Eidolon only drop, it was not moved to the duviri portal pool like the others. And moving them did not impact their price at all, because guess what, nobody plays that, since the pool is diluted with all the useless duviri arcanes.

Edited by D-Shear
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, D-Shear said:

It's exactly the opposite.

The reason why all the new arcanes, especially duviri arcanes, are bad and useless, is because Eidolons need to retain their relevancy to have big ticket items on the market incentivizing platinum purchases.

Every rare Eidolon arcane is still meta and Arcane Barrier/Aegis will jump right back to the top with the next update.

Energize,Fury,Strike,Acceleration,Velocity. You name it. These are all the meta arcanes in the games with Zariman Arcanes like Molt Augmented, Efficiency, Reconstruct supplementing them. Also, Arcane Energize is still a Eidolon only drop, it was not moved to the duviri portal pool like the others. And moving them did not impact their price at all, because guess what, nobody plays that, since the pool is diluted with all the useless duviri arcanes.

no, they're being powercreeped out. a couple of the Eidolon Arcanes don't have a replacement yet but most of them do. which is fine, i don't really care.
but it's still a statement of fact.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb taiiat:

no, they're being powercreeped out. a couple of the Eidolon Arcanes don't have a replacement yet but most of them do. which is fine, i don't really care.
but it's still a statement of fact.

And what are those arcanes that powercreep the eidolon arcanes? care to name a few?

The only thing about the eidolan arcanes that needs changing is their drop rates. Cus nobody wants to run these things 1000 times to get all the rare arcanes from them, it's pure torture. They're a fun boss fight until maybe the 20th time at most and then it's just a mind numbing slog. Just like every other grind in the game.

The people that have done that already certainly don't want to do it again.