Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the point of operator status builds ?

SirPaladin555

I'm doing an operator only challenge playthrough on an alt account,  if you want to know more I have a thread on my account that goes into more detail 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1352048-i-have-started-my-operator-only-challenge/

I bring this up because in this challenge run I made a status amp , using the electricity arcane from little duck ( I don't have access to the fire one yet ) , I made this amp to make fighting normal enemies easier which is does very well at , however I went to fight an edialon with one and realized it did like nothing to its shield until I realized only void damage effects its shield 

That little mishap got me thinking , under normal gameplay I don't really see many use cases for building an amp for status over crit , unless your insane like me and use it in a way that was never intended 

The cases you would use an amp as a weapon is vs edialon shields,  vs angels , vs thrax ghosts or to raise yourself with unaru's passive 

Apart from maybe unaru's passive i see no reason to build for such an amp 

But what do you all think ?

• Like 1

There is not much, other than using pure Void damage and using something like Lega prism to proc bubbles to trap Phahd discs in. Maybe using that Magus Accelerant with Magus Melt and Virtuos Forge and do pure heat damage build? But its still a hassle than just shooting Phahd away in normal missions.

• Like 3

Status over Crit you wouldn't really even for spacekid DPS, but Status has use. the highest spacekid DPS by far (for content other than Eidolon Shield Phase and Et Cetera) for a long time has been stacking Fire Arcanes, since you can buff yourself plus debuff the Enemies. and Fire Status is pretty strong, so stacking some Fire Status would help you scale the Damage to higher Levels.

but whether you'd pick one or the other, well... you'd probably still pick Crits. you get a decent amount of Status out of Amps anyways. maybe half Status half Crit would be worth it. but it's hard to say, that's tricky situational Math.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

Status over Crit you wouldn't really even for spacekid DPS, but Status has use. the highest spacekid DPS by far (for content other than Eidolon Shield Phase and Et Cetera) for a long time has been stacking Fire Arcanes, since you can buff yourself plus debuff the Enemies. and Fire Status is pretty strong, so stacking some Fire Status would help you scale the Damage to higher Levels.

but whether you'd pick one or the other, well... you'd probably still pick Crits. you get a decent amount of Status out of Amps anyways. maybe half Status half Crit would be worth it. but it's hard to say, that's tricky situational Math.

That's fair , also good to know my logic wasn't to far off for fighting normal enemies with status lol , I just simply don't have the fire arcane yet , even so for the average player unless your crazy like I am a gun will still do way more damage 

That said crit Is still extremely powerful either way and for majority of normal operator content is the better choice 

12 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

There is not much, other than using pure Void damage and using something like Lega prism to proc bubbles to trap Phahd discs in. Maybe using that Magus Accelerant with Magus Melt and Virtuos Forge and do pure heat damage build? But its still a hassle than just shooting Phahd away in normal missions.

Yeah , although pahad is good for bouncing around procing Status on a bunch of different enemies for a pure Status build 

Edited by SirPaladin555
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SirPaladin555 said:

That said crit Is still extremely powerful either way and for majority of normal operator content is the better choice 

yeah, all Crits is the safe choice, and Crits still affect DoT's anyways so it's not like you're going without benefitting.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

Yep. That's exactly what I dislike about Operator.

No Modding.

You just get one slot for an arcane on your amp, until you see Cavallero and get to install another one. That's cool and all, but it's just as if you ended up taking you average primary weapon, refused to mod it, but still went and slapped on Primary Merciless, for instance. It just ends up looking goofy.

The most reliable way you can go about your Operator only to do everything is probably something like main tree Unairu + waybounds. Being tankier than other schools and providing complete defense strip. Weapon is probably gonna end up 7/X/7 or whatever prism you're more comfortable with in case you need more range.

I feel like the elemental arcanes are probably a failed test experiment.

Edited by Fred_Avant_2019
forgor one word, F
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Yep. That's exactly what I dislike about Operator.

No Modding.

You just one slot for an arcane on your amp, until you see Cavallero and get to install another one. That's cool and all, but it's just as if you ended up taking you average primary weapon, refused to mod it, but still went and slapped on Primary Merciless, for instance. It just ends up looking goofy.

The most reliable way you can go about your Operator only to do everything is probably something like main tree Unairu + waybounds. Being tankier than other schools and providing complete defense strip. Weapon is probably gonna end up 7/X/7 or whatever prism you're more comfortable with in case you need more range.

I feel like the elemental arcanes are probably a failed test experiment.

Thanks for the advice,  for my operator only challenge I'm a few months in and am already at steel path , even managed to take out an Archon with only the help of one friend running citrine as just the operator ^^ 

However your not wrong in late steel path unaru is by far the best choice , while madari is good the armor strip is better 

17 hours ago, MakotoSmile said:

Probably some alternatives for Operator-only content that never got made or developed. :(

While I don't work at DE , I suspect that is the case based on the fact of how many unfinished Operator mechanics there is , or to clarify how many half-a**ed Operator mechanics there is , duviri seems to be what the operator was meant to be 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, taiiat said:

yeah, all Crits is the safe choice, and Crits still affect DoT's anyways so it's not like you're going without benefitting.

Crits is a safe bet for operator content 

Which in my opinion kinda sucks that it's the only viable play style for the operator in most operator content , but alas what can I do 

1 hour ago, SirPaladin555 said:

While I don't work at DE , I suspect that is the case based on the fact of how many unfinished Operator mechanics there is , or to clarify how many half-a**ed Operator mechanics there is , duviri seems to be what the operator was meant to be 

It's kinda complicated to double up when they implement the Operator, make some complex and well tought content like Eidolons(enjoying is totally personal) and keep getting complaints on foruns about people who dislike it or can't bother to get good at it.

The "I want more Warframe-Warframe" or "It's too grindy" is a constant, be it on Operator, Railjack or Necramech. I find it a pity, because I like those three "alternative-Warframe" contents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MakotoSmile said:

It's kinda complicated to double up when they implement the Operator, make some complex and well tought content like Eidolons(enjoying is totally personal) and keep getting complaints on foruns about people who dislike it or can't bother to get good at it.

The "I want more Warframe-Warframe" or "It's too grindy" is a constant, be it on Operator, Railjack or Necramech. I find it a pity, because I like those three "alternative-Warframe" contents.

I enjoy playing the operator,  I'm even doing a challenge Alt account where I only play the operator in a attempt to beat steel path with the operator,  this challenge is pushing the limits of the operator and showing a ton of mechanics that I think could use some work to make the operator better to play and more viable 

Also I have no comment on skill needed for edialon hunts or whatever because that's not what this thread is about 

2 hours ago, MakotoSmile said:

Oh also I don't disagree,  game development is hard and it's kinda too late to go back and change the operator too much now 

That said I still wish we will be able to use operator melee outside of duviri one day 

• Like 2

On 2023-10-03 at 5:21 PM, SirPaladin555 said:

Oh also I don't disagree,  game development is hard and it's kinda too late to go back and change the operator too much now 

That said I still wish we will be able to use operator melee outside of duviri one day 

You'd be surprised. DE is always going back and reworking old stuff while working on the new. For example adding the incarnon system to make older weapons useful and reworking Hydroid finally. They've already reworked the focus trees and abilities once. There's still a chance they could bring more life to the operators at a later day.

• Like 1

Funny enough, you can actually use viral heat as operator, and when using "virtuos trojan" "virtuos fury" and "magus melt" on the more status heavy prism and multi-hit prisms like the lega prism or the klamora prism, it actually does pretty decently. Combine it with unairu for armor strip and its actually steel path viable.

IMO tho, its not the best method. Using unairu, i just go for raw damage with virtuos strike and eternal eradicate (or eternal logistics for klamora), and it goes just as hard on steel path. And it doesn't reduce void damage's advantage against sentients and eximus overguard.

Edited by Joezone619
  • Like 1