The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PEOPLE ARE GETTING OVER OTHER PLAYERS PLAT WISE

4 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I think scam is a strong word.

Once upon a time it would be easy to sell rare parts for the same price as common parts. And id agree that idk say a rhino prime bp for like 1-5 plat is a rip, but its not like that any more.

I think its common knowledge that prime parts are worth less as random parts than as sets.

That and, in my experience opening 20 random relics and trying to sell 20 random prime parts is gonna be kind of rough if im just selling a random pile. 

Unless the parts are new, rare, vaulted, or at least a set i usually end up struggling to get them sold at all for more than "junk prices"

Not to mention that if someone spends 50p on a bunch of junk and they only get like a bunch of prime weapons, they'll barely recover the cost. 

In other words, yeah you make money, but it isn't as easy as simply buying and selling, you have to actively seek out how you're going to refund the cost.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT

On 2023-10-07 at 9:15 AM, stormy505 said:

There's an insane amount of supply in the market already, and this would at least increase it by 5x dropping prices to single-digit plats for sets.

That's why I also suggested more ways to get plat in reasonable amounts. This would cause a low end market to form, consisting of many micro-deals, and the high-end market would remain the same, just with different numbers that ultimately mean the same thing as before. 

On 2023-10-08 at 3:06 AM, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I think scam is a strong word.

Once upon a time it would be easy to sell rare parts for the same price as common parts. And id agree that idk say a rhino prime bp for like 1-5 plat is a rip, but its not like that any more.

I think its common knowledge that prime parts are worth less as random parts than as sets.

That and, in my experience opening 20 random relics and trying to sell 20 random prime parts is gonna be kind of rough if im just selling a random pile. 

Unless the parts are new, rare, vaulted, or at least a set i usually end up struggling to get them sold at all for more than "junk prices"

Yea I see what you mean. I shouldn't have said that basically all buyers have ulterior motives, as that's only 1 part of the equation.

Some people (myself included) may not have the time to farm ducats all day and legitimately just want some quick ducats instead of spamming fissures. 

When I was on PS4, spamming fissures with the load times was unbearable.