Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Kitgun for Mags bubble?

Antiversvm

Question

So I am kinda bored of my weapons of choice at the moment and I thought Kitguns would be fun and I want to play them more but finding the "best" combination is not that easy for me. Such as Palmaris/Tombfinger/Splat or something different?

Doesn't matter if primary or secondary.

Also would kinda like one for neutral Nova but i guess what works with Mag will work too.

14 answers to this question

Projectiles Weapons with PunchThrough are great if you're using Magnetize to directly Kill Enemies with your Weapons, in assuming that you can Kill Enemies easily and are looking to group them up to make it more efficient.

however if you can't, then Continuous/Beam Weapons are great for making Magnetize itself deal more Damage in its two ways of dealing Damage.

note that neither Crits nor Status Effects (as in DoT) directly benefits the bubble. those would be for if you're Killing with your Weapons themselves, vs boosting the bubble to Kill instead.
if memory serves, AoE/Explosions also does not directly benefit the bubble.

To @Antiversvm,

I'm not much in Kitgun (I've chosen a tombfinger secondary and stick with it) but Mag do better with Shotguns type and like @taiiat said spice it up with Punch through and you'll get a lot of fun.

Shotguns type are :

1. Catchmoon : However, the projectile possesses travel time, damage falloff, limited range, and no bonus damage on headshots.
  2. Sporelacer : ...

Personally, I'm not fan of them and not sure it really have the shotgun mechanics that suit Magie-chan...

What @taiiat said is pretty much spot-on, but there's some details not mentioned.

Punch Through is a necessity, as it allows the shots to hit more than one target while in the bubble. However, each target in the bubble can only be hit once by any specific projectile you shoot into it. A great way to see this is to take an unmodded Nataruk in high end Steel Path against Grineer (so enemies don't die to the first shot, because Nataruk is kinda nuts), grab a group of enemies in Magnetize, and then fire a fully charged (not perfect charge) shot off into the bubble. Nataruk possesses innate infinite Punch Through (against bodies, not terrain) and the projectile lasts forever, but you'll notice that it doesn't just deal infinite damage to everything in the bubble.

For beam weapons, it's best to use one that has a chain effect (will continue the beam to other nearby targets) and equip it with a mod that gives it Punch Through. This causes the main beam to penetrate the first target (and depending on the amount of Punch Through you gave it, possibly also penetrate the second), and then each target the main beam hits will generate its own chain effect. Additionally, chain beams can hit other main beam targets, so even if there's only two enemies, you can hit both with both main beam and chain beam. I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain how insane that is when combined with Magnetize.

Don't bother with radial weapons (explosives). They're functional, but gain no benefits from Magnetize other than the inherent grouping.

So, as far as kitguns go, there's a few options. In all cases, I'd recommend using Tremor/Haymaker grip and Killstream loader. While Magnetize doesn't consider critical hits for its absorbtion effect (which translates to the internal DoT and then eventually the explosion damage), critical hits still get applied on the actual attacks hitting the enemies (which is amplified by Magnetize making things take multiplied damage in general). That grip and loader combo provides the strongest possible kitgun output.

For Fortuna chambers, I'd recommend either Catchmoon or Gaze (both in secondary config). Gaze is better if you can afford to stand there firing at the bubble, while Catchmoon is better for when you need to just pop a shot off into it and move on. In both cases, you don't even need to build them specially for Magnetize, their normal builds just innately work for Magnetize synergy! Don't forget the Punch Through mod (Seeker) for Gaze, though (take advantage of its chain effect).

For Deimos chambers, there's really only Vermisplicer. Both primary and secondary config have their pros/cons for it, although I would say primary config would be better to build for (secondary config is kinda buggy). That being said, the thing is bizarre, so be ready for really janky/wonky gameplay with it. Primary config has chain effect, however it doesn't interact with Punch Through like normal chain beams (only the last target hit generates chains).

• Like 2

You also want t build as secondaries - I have a rattleguts pistol ( with gibber and splat) that rocks so much. But mainly because the arcane pistoleer gives you ammo efficiency and it shoots so many little bullets you are guaranteed some headshots so you can fire for minutes at a time without reloading. It may not work as well in the bubble but the sheer quantity of bullets would do good.

It does need a few forma though, but then it beccomes a SP-quality gun with the galvanised mods.

Sporelacer is the other big deal kitgun, I have a secondary one that I take into archon hunts because its possibly the best damage dealer I have (and I have them all). However, its a mutli-shot storgun type weapon (with literal falloff as the shots arcs)

10 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Nataruk is pretty mid with Magnetize. It doesn't really do anything with Magnetize that it doesn't just already do on its own.

Just infinite body punch through and multiple hits on multiple hits due to the charged projectile size (hitbox), with massive crit stats on top. Sure, mediocre. Try it.

Edited by Zakkhar

34 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Just infinite body punch through and multiple hits on multiple hits due to the charged projectile size, with massive crit stats on top. Sure, mediocre. Try it.

It can only hit each enemy once, my guy. I've already been over that in my depth post above:

On 2023-10-09 at 8:25 PM, Hexerin said:

Nataruk possesses innate infinite Punch Through (against bodies, not terrain) and the projectile lasts forever, but you'll notice that it doesn't just deal infinite damage to everything in the bubble.

And I have tried it. Mag is my most played frame in the past year since returning to the game, and I used Nataruk almost exclusively as her primary for the first few months of that. Those results you're seeing in her bubble are not because of Magnetize, they're because Nataruk is obscenely overpowered. It would perform the same with literally any other grouping tool (such as Ensnare, which is available to every frame via Helminth).

EDIT: Here, have a video because why not:

Edited by Hexerin

Also, in case @Antiversvm wanted to see an example of how the kitgun chamber Catchmoon would behave. The second half of the demonstration in that video uses a gun I've renamed, but is actually the Tenet Arca Plasmor. Catchmoon in secondary config (which is what I recommended) behaves basically the same way.

Edited by Hexerin

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Those results you're seeing in her bubble are not because of Magnetize, they're because Nataruk is obscenely overpowered. It would perform the same with literally any other grouping tool (such as Ensnare, which is available to every frame via Helminth).

My results are because of grouping tool and Magnetize doesnt group. I see. Everything clear.

PS: No Arcane on Nataruk? Viral? No perfect shot. Man... Guess I am using different build. And so is 90% of other warframe players.

Edited by Zakkhar