The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE NEW WAR - The Wild Hunt - stuck

SnarkeeWench

Question

Ok I know I was warned before I started the quest that it would be long and difficult but I didn't realize how difficult. So now I have a kind of a problem, I am stuck on the Wild Hunt and think I need some help. 

First let me explain that I am an older player (over 40) , I also have psoriatic arthritis and Carpel Tunnel syndrome. And if that wasn't enough I'm recovering from a broken arm (Mouse hand) ...

Now I've been working on Boreal .... best I've been able to do is get it to 1/3 health and by then I'm in so much pain my reflexes are severely diminished. I've been utilizing smoke screen and healing every time my timer counts down. What else can I do? I was led to believe that Boreal is the easiest of the 3 and this is just ... ugh!
From what I understand I only need to beat 2 of the 3 as a Drifter is that correct? If so Which two are easiest? 

• Like 2

15 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, SnarkeeWench said:

From what I understand I only need to beat 2 of the 3 as a Drifter is that correct? If so Which two are easiest?

Yes, final one you can use your Warframe. "Easiest" is subjective... A guy I play with super struggled with Amar and Nira but breezed through Boreal. He ended up saving Nira for last. I had no problems at all with Amar but Boreal was awful; Nira was nowhere near as painful for me so I wound up leaving Boreal for Mirage to take care of.

Good luck!

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)RaeOvSunshyn said:

Yes, final one you can use your Warframe. "Easiest" is subjective... A guy I play with super struggled with Amar and Nira but breezed through Boreal. He ended up saving Nira for last. I had no problems at all with Amar but Boreal was awful; Nira was nowhere near as painful for me so I wound up leaving Boreal for Mirage to take care of.

Good luck!

Thank you that is good information. I was afraid I would have to do them in order. I'll give the others a try. I watched a video of Amar and I think that one is doable even with my present limitations. 

Amar is the easiest, just attack the clone that had weapon. Nira although pain the ass didn't push you back and deal one shot kill to the drifter. You still can spot her invisibility cloak. Boreal definitely the hardest on New War. But easy on weekly Archon Hunt.

Just safe Boreal for the last mission since you finally able to use your Warframe.

Edited by BroDutt

I hope they'll add some kind of difficulty setting into that quest. You are not alone there's been many players who get stuck especially in archon fights. 

They could either add just straight up difficulty setting where you choose easy, normal or hard.

Or add difficulty tuning that works in the background. when you fail difficulty drops and when you do good it raises.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SnarkeeWench said:

Thank you that is good information. I was afraid I would have to do them in order. I'll give the others a try. I watched a video of Amar and I think that one is doable even with my present limitations. 

i am disabled as well, and i use a controller , it took me a while to finish them myself but it was well worth it 

• Like 2

so not a great idea but...
If you are making progress but your limitations are stopping you from making it through the whole fight id recommend setting yourself a timer on your phone.
Say you feel you can play comfortably for 5 minutes, set a timer for 5 minutes, and during the fight if that timer goes off pause the game and take a little break to let your hands/fingers recover.

Try switching controls around a little!
I suffer from some nerve damage in my pinky and ring finger in my left hand, I can press keys with those fingers fine, but if I need to repeatedly press keys over and over it can get quite taxing very quickly.
The way i worked around this was i bound the separate "sprint" and "roll" functions to shift and my mouse's thumb button, respectively. I roll a lot so this prevents me from having to constantly hammer the shift key with one of my bad fingers.
Try moving frequently pressed keybinds around to fingers you are more comfortable with (if possible).

If the pain problem is severe enough, don't forget about alternative hardware solutions!!
Vertical keyboards may looks goofy, but they take a lot of strain off of your wrist by keeping it in a more natural position.
Don't neglect your feet! Many years ago i had to play unreal tournament with my feet on the keyboard! I wasn't the greatest at it, but it was doable enough that i could hold my own in team-based matches.

Boreal? Kite around the central area and smoke bomb through it's shield when it starts up and pop in the head.

Three quarter shots with your bow hurt it too.  Zap the adds pronto too.

Take your time.

The main issue I had with the Archons was the interludes.  Or in Amars case, the start.

Always be kiting and rolling, though I was obviously on controller which is arguably easier in terms of mobility.

To @SnarkeeWench,

USE ECHAP (in solo mode activate pause). Why !? As it can be tiring :

1. Prepare to do the fight when in good health
  2. When the Climax battle is near, take a breath, a coffee... (for your mental)
  3. Each time, you feel you are tiring PAUSE !
  4. Each time, you need to do a big Combo PAUSE !

5 to 10min is no problem. I did take more 1-2 hours but was able to do it the first time...

You don't always need to be "quick", being slow, composed, relaxed spare you time ... sparring time is being fast.

Being Quick is Slow, Acting Slowly is Fast

I did Boreal last the first time and Nira the first one. I thought Nira was the easiest one. You just don’t look at her gaze. You use your smoke screen a lot. I breezed through her without dying my first time. I would heal though every time the timer cooled down. I did go down once but stalker revived me. It was only once. 

Edited by VoidD3vil

Update*

One down Boreal .. I'll probably go for Nira next

I tried Amar but I don't think I'm coordinated enough yet. Having to avoid that center hole and respawning right at his feet is screwing me up. 
The arm is getting better and with it better hand dexterity .. still some pain and discomfort but Dr says I'll probably have that to some extent for life because of the way I broke it. 

I'll just keep practicing and plugging away at it till I beat it. I really want to thank EVERYONE for the tips and the encouragement Thank you!!!Cats Thanks GIF by Boucheron

• Like 3

I quit, game uninstalled. I am tired of getting 3 or 4 shotted by the stupid wolf. What game locks you into a questline and doesn't let you cancel out of it to return to normal game play. I know, I know, get gud. Game uninstalled.

Finally finished, and Wow. For those that are struggling, keep at it. I changed targets and was able to finish the questline. I got stuck on the wolf and switched to snakey girl and one-shotted her. Snake was a lot easier just because of the terrain. There are lots of places to run and hide and heal up. The owl took me about 5 or 6 tries. So, if you get stuck on one archon, try another. 

However, what exactly happened in the quest? I am so confused now

Edited by Traellus1201
  • Like 1

On 2023-10-16 at 11:33 AM, SnarkeeWench said:

Update*

One down Boreal .. I'll probably go for Nira next

I tried Amar but I don't think I'm coordinated enough yet. Having to avoid that center hole and respawning right at his feet is screwing me up. 
The arm is getting better and with it better hand dexterity .. still some pain and discomfort but Dr says I'll probably have that to some extent for life because of the way I broke it. 

I'll just keep practicing and plugging away at it till I beat it. I really want to thank EVERYONE for the tips and the encouragement Thank you!!!Cats Thanks GIF by Boucheron

Congratulations on beating Boreal. 

Its been a few days, I hope you have found similar success with Amar. 

Keep up the effort and let us know if you are still having troubles. We might know some small tricks to help. 

With Amar, what I find a bit more important is use of your healing ability. Since IIRC ist a cleanse, so since Amar IIRC has a heat status procc, its good to use the healing after, if you happen to get injured. 

Also, friendly reminder that rolling gives you some damage reduction too. Assuming you didn't already beat Nira. Or still prefer Nira over Amar. 

Either way congratulations and hope you are doing well with New War!