Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Slot

(PSN)FULLMETAL_SONIC

An augment slot would allow for more build diversity and DE could add a former for it that cost 25 riven slivers to buy. It would cost 25 riven slivers, 50,000 credit to build and it take 4-6h per forma.

This would be more aimed towards end game content due to there easier to get is Steelptath and, it gives more use to Riven slivers for the players who have over 1000 of them

(before anyway says oh its hard to get them its not. Pushing content and doing SP endurance runs have a good drop rate on them)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SDGDen said:

augments that don't increase the power of your build can already be fitted into the exilus slot. 

That's not universally true. Nezha's Controlled Slide and Zephyr's Anchored Glide are exilus augments that provide +15% ability strength.

I'd also argue that Mesa's exilus augment Mesa's Waltz also greatly increases the power of your build by providing mobility to an otherwise stationary ability.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Qriist said:

That's not universally true. Nezha's Controlled Slide and Zephyr's Anchored Glide are exilus augments that provide +15% ability strength.

I'd also argue that Mesa's exilus augment Mesa's Waltz also greatly increases the power of your build by providing mobility to an otherwise stationary ability.

if you need mesa's waltz to be mobile with mesa, you kinda suck at playing mesa ngl.

also, nezha's slide passive benefits his playstyle, and zephyrs low gravity passive directly makes it easier to stay in the air which gives her 150% extra crit chance. i'd say those are more tradeoff based. exilus mods are also known for having *minor* stat bumps (power drift anyone?) and both of those mods are also mobility tweaks like many exilus mods. 

At this point allow it with the reworks and some of the newer weapons they've already broken the game might as well just allow it. Actually with people who think outside the box with build and don't follow meta/youtubers and ect. An augments slot could allow potential for more build diversity    

Edited by (PSN)FULLMETAL_SONIC
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, (PSN)FULLMETAL_SONIC said:

At this point allow it with the reworks and some of the newer weapons they've already broken the game might as well just allow it. Actually with people who think outside the box with build and don't follow meta/youtubers and ect. An augments slot could allow potential for more build diversity    

I don't think you get the point of 'Developers said "No."' here...

We've given feedback on this for, approximately... 8 years, 11 months and 17 days. Since Warframe Augment mods were invented. Somebody just like you has posted a thread on the theme of 'give us an Augment slot' at minimum once per week, on average. It's literally the reason I said 'Forum Bingo', because it's a gimme on the card, might as well be the 'free space'.

DE said no at least twice before this, and DE said no again literally this month.

Take that on board and let it drop.

(Also it wouldn't give you more build 'diversity', it would give you a free slot. So you'd get the augment as a default and then mod as if you didn't have it, that's not build diversity, that's just a regular build with a free effect.)

• Like 2

Yup, still wishing for this or some similar solution, like making all augments exilus or making a helminth system for it, I don't understand why DE doesn't see the pain it creates.

While a dedicated augment slot is mild power creep (and nothing at all compared to other ridiculous things they've done - bruh are they really using power creep as the excuse), something like making them all exilus would not be power creep because it keeps them in the build rather than expanding the build space.

I can sorta understand saying no to a dedicated augment slot, people should start asking to make them all exilus as I think DE might see the reasonableness of that.

(in before the "that's not what exilus slot is for" comment; yeah, but it's still a better use of it than it just being a PSF slot)

• Like 2

I kinda agree with the 'all augments should be exilus-compatible' idea though.

I guess for me the issue is (as somebody who enjoys quite a range of 'niche-frames') some of them are just so heavily dependend on augments that their builds somewhat suffer. so, like with all things, having an extra slot would just help the niche frames while making the already strong frames even stronger - I don't think that would necessarily happen with the exilus solution though. 

I especially agree with this because I also don't like how it became basically second nature to slot PSF into the exilus slot, as if it's almost a non-argument

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I don't think you get the point of 'Developers said "No."' here...

We've given feedback on this for, approximately... 8 years, 11 months and 17 days. Since Warframe Augment mods were invented. Somebody just like you has posted a thread on the theme of 'give us an Augment slot' at minimum once per week, on average. It's literally the reason I said 'Forum Bingo', because it's a gimme on the card, might as well be the 'free space'.

DE said no at least twice before this, and DE said no again literally this month.

Take that on board and let it drop.

(Also it wouldn't give you more build 'diversity', it would give you a free slot. So you'd get the augment as a default and then mod as if you didn't have it, that's not build diversity, that's just a regular build with a free effect.)

If we push it enough they may give in and with some of the augments they honestly should already be built into the frames  

9 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Yup, still wishing for this or some similar solution, like making all augments exilus or making a helminth system for it, I don't understand why DE doesn't see the pain it creates.

While a dedicated augment slot is mild power creep (and nothing at all compared to other ridiculous things they've done - bruh are they really using power creep as the excuse), something like making them all exilus would not be power creep because it keeps them in the build rather than expanding the build space.

I can sorta understand saying no to a dedicated augment slot, people should start asking to make them all exilus as I think DE might see the reasonableness of that.

(in before the "that's not what exilus slot is for" comment; yeah, but it's still a better use of it than it just being a PSF slot)

Can we at least agree some augments should be already built into a frame skill? Granted I never pointed that out in my post 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, (PSN)FULLMETAL_SONIC said:

If we push it enough they may give in and with some of the augments they honestly should already be built into the frames  

Abilities with augments that conditionally lengthen their duration (and do nothing else) should have the augment baked into the ability.

Under the above logic, Eternal War and Lasting Covenant are contenders for being rolled into their base abilities while Cathode Current is not. 

Spoiler

EternalWarMod.pngLastingCovenantMod.pngCathodeCurrentMod.png

I think this strikes a fine balance.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Qriist said:

Under the above logic, Eternal War and Lasting Covenant are contenders for being rolled into their base abilities while Cathode Current is not. 

Lasting Covenant, no.  Not because it's OP, but because it's a change to Harrow's playstyle that is disadvantageous is you want to really leverage the invuln on Covenant.

• Like 2

Yareli Merulins augment, Loki Invisibility augment, Protea dispensary augment, chroma Everlasting ward, Banshee quake augment, Frost Ice wave augment, Nova escape velocity, Volt Transistor shield but only the allies picking it up part, Ember fireball frenzy and Atlas Ore Gaze. Augments like that should already be in the kit. I wouldn't want any of the ground breaking stuff built in. It's just what honestly should have been built in 

9 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Lasting Covenant, no.  Not because it's OP, but because it's a change to Harrow's playstyle that is disadvantageous is you want to really leverage the invuln on Covenant.

That can be easily solved by allowing Covenant to be disabled on a long press of the ability.

6 hours ago, (PSN)FULLMETAL_SONIC said:

You know, you've managed to impress me with a statement that is paradoxically right and wrong at the same time.

Wrong because 'if we push enough' doesn't happen with so many things in this game. The fact that players like yourself have been pushing the topic for over eight years and then literally this week Pablo has again come out to say 'no', is evidence enough. It's like the topic about having more Loadout slots, it's been demanded by a small portion of the community for so long, but Rebecca confirmed again this year (I think it was right before TennoCon) that they're going to stick to the method they currently have of doling them out.

You are, on the other hand, right because guess what's happening next week?

Hydroid is getting a rework that literally makes the old combo he used to have with Corroding Barrage just... part of his kit. That combo was the ability to use Corrosive to full-strip groups of enemies for consistent scaling kills, and that's just... what he'll do now. With everything.

So for that, at least, you'll have the option to argue the topic.

"Some frame augments should be just part of the base ability, we saw Pablo do exactly that with Hydroid." That's a topic you could start.

Although... it's predicated on DE actually doing reworks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

You know, you've managed to impress me with a statement that is paradoxically right and wrong at the same time.

Wrong because 'if we push enough' doesn't happen with so many things in this game. The fact that players like yourself have been pushing the topic for over eight years and then literally this week Pablo has again come out to say 'no', is evidence enough. It's like the topic about having more Loadout slots, it's been demanded by a small portion of the community for so long, but Rebecca confirmed again this year (I think it was right before TennoCon) that they're going to stick to the method they currently have of doling them out.

You are, on the other hand, right because guess what's happening next week?

Hydroid is getting a rework that literally makes the old combo he used to have with Corroding Barrage just... part of his kit. That combo was the ability to use Corrosive to full-strip groups of enemies for consistent scaling kills, and that's just... what he'll do now. With everything.

So for that, at least, you'll have the option to argue the topic.

"Some frame augments should be just part of the base ability, we saw Pablo do exactly that with Hydroid." That's a topic you could start.

Although... it's predicated on DE actually doing reworks.

The only reason it's a small portion pushing because we see the potential in it and it's only really people who push content pushers for it 

23 hours ago, Qriist said:

Abilities with augments that conditionally lengthen their duration (and do nothing else) should have the augment baked into the ability.

I would go slightly further and say that in any scenario where you find ~90% of all players are running a specific augment, that probably means it's time to at least examine the possibility that the ability affected should have that augment baked in. Just from a general game design standpoint, and regardless of what the augment actually does.

I would view that more or less as the same thing as DE examining weapon balance if one weapon (or weapon type) becomes overwhelmingly dominant.

Augments should open up options, but if one becomes near-universally used that feels -- to me, at least -- more like an implicit statement on the behavior of the base ability than anything else. For scenarios where an augment is that widely used but there is legitimately still a reason to still have the current 'default' behavior as well, you could even make an augment to set things back to the original behavior instead.

21 hours ago, (PSN)FULLMETAL_SONIC said:

The only reason it's a small portion pushing because we see the potential in it and it's only really people who push content pushers for it 

Pfft...

This is the single most silly declaration I've read this month.

There are people that have gone into absolute minute detail on how and why an Augment slot would become viable, everything from how it would have to shift up a Warframe's kit and be even more valuable than an Aura, before it was even considered to be worth slapping an extra slot on there.

There are players who spent just as long counter-arguing, and I was right there reading through those threads.

And you know what the result of the months long debates was?

It was 'The only thing you get from an Augment slot with the current Augments we have, is an extra mod slot.' It breeds no creativity, you just get to build a normal frame with the augment as part of it.

The only potential there is the potential to get something that currently costs you a mod slot, as an extra that doesn't cost you a mod slot. No builds would change more than the single flex-slot you'd open up. That, and needing more Forma.

And all of that pales in the light of the simple truth:

Dev's said 'no'.

They said 'no' multiple times.

You can have a rework, maybe, where DE makes an Augment part of the base kit, but then they'll just update the original Augment mod to do something new, and it will still cost a regular mod slot.

There isn't even a dead horse to beat here. You're trying to beat air.

• Like 2