Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There is a different sign on earth.

Kilqharrah

Question

15 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Kuva liches really need to be locked at some MR rank, to prevent this thing from happening 

You are right.
Maybe it would have been better if the game had informed me about this situation before it started.

• Like 2

Kuva liches really need to be locked at some MR rank, to prevent this thing from happening 

How is MR rank making people know this? All MR rank represents is the ability to get stuff and rank it up. It has very little to do with Liches and mission mechanics. I have met people at LR3, who had no clue what to do in Void Flood (they were acting as if it was some kind of mobile defence). Same with Disruption, all I see are people bringing typical mobile defence cc frames. If you cannot read, no game will force you to. People are literally ignoring the Little Duck/Lotus explaining them what to do (some even made threads asking to disable their "yapping").

As for liches. There is a special Lich Icon/Button near Nightwave. There is codex, there is wiki, and there is forums, FAQ chat too. All MR block will do is outrage smurfs.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Agreed, so should tridolons.

I disagree. How would you rather learn you are not ready? Go and get your bottom kicked or have an arbitrary invisible wall tell you, you can't do that.

I rather have the frist way. I know what it looks like, I have a goal - a challenge. In the second way, you may come back or you may not. There is no incentive.

• Like 1

Wouldn't help. There's MR30's who don't even know how to mod. MR is not indicative of knowledge or skill.

What there should be, is something popping up directing you to the tutorial THAT EXISTS IN THE CODEX. Nothing in the game points you to this currently, that's what should happen.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

What there should be, is something popping up directing you to the tutorial THAT EXISTS IN THE CODEX. Nothing in the game points you to this currently, that's what should happen.

Warframe is a game that relied on Community. Something that a Founder should realise by now. Most of the mission like Invasion, PT, etc used to be a community event (Operation) that had guide. Reading the Codex definitely not going to help us on how to fighting Liches/Sisters or Tridolon. That's what the audio visual pop up from Lotus, Onkko, etc supposed to be. And since this game relied on Community most player will ask other player, like OP did in this Forum or searching it on Youtube.

Warframe became more famous because of the late youtuber Totalbiscuit review. And Rebbeca's Devstream from their canteen allow them to connect with the Community. So it's understandable that this medium is the one they choose to explain some part of the game wether it's suitable or not for every player.

Edited by BroDutt

1 hour ago, BroDutt said:

Warframe is a game that relied on Community. Something that a Founder should realise by now. Most of the mission like Invasion, PT, etc used to be a community event (Operation) that had guide. Reading the Codex definitely not going to help us on how to fighting Liches/Sisters or Tridolon. That's what the audio visual pop up from Lotus, Onkko, etc supposed to be. And since this game relied on Community most player will ask other player, like OP did in this Forum or searching it on Youtube.

Warframe became more famous because of the late youtuber Totalbiscuit review. And Rebbeca's Devstream from their canteen allow them to connect with the Community. So it's understandable that this medium is the one they choose to explain some part of the game wether it's suitable or not for every player.

Relying on the community is such a double-edged sword though. This is a community that says someone’s using a “Bad build” or using a “Garbage weapon/Frame” if there’s any sort of gameplay left and they’re not as efficient as some grindhead thinks they should be, with the cruel irony being that the community thinks they’re doing someone a favour if they shame them into playing a certain way.

The game can be a much better source for not passing judgement on anyone’s choices; it can literally say “Here’s how a thing works; make of that what you will, fight however you want” and teach the player basic fundamentals that can then be re-arranged however someone wants to get the most out of their gameplay instead of a bunch of grind junkies telling them they’re doing something wrong for literally playing the game instead of focusing on the grind. 

In many ways, I’d prefer if the game took over from the community, since it don’t care how someone plays so long as the mission gets done (or doesn’t get done because someone was sitting on the edge and played badly; that’s a possible outcome, but the game doesn’t care and is just like “Try again”)

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
accidental submission before finished
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

How is MR rank making people know this? All MR rank represents is the ability to get stuff and rank it up. It has very little to do with Liches and mission mechanics. I have met people at LR3, who had no clue what to do in Void Flood (they were acting as if it was some kind of mobile defence). Same with Disruption, all I see are people bringing typical mobile defence cc frames. If you cannot read, no game will force you to. People are literally ignoring the Little Duck/Lotus explaining them what to do (some even made threads asking to disable their "yapping").

As for liches. There is a special Lich Icon/Button near Nightwave. There is codex, there is wiki, and there is forums, FAQ chat too. All MR block will do is outrage smurfs.

Sure.

8 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Wouldn't help. There's MR30's who don't even know how to mod. MR is not indicative of knowledge or skill.

Fair point

The game would be a great deal better if it ever simply bothered to explain anything.

Litches are a massive detriment to new players. Their power ceiling is high, they require the completion of rising tide to defeat, which is a quest you don't have to complete to get a litch, and they can interfere with that quest by stealing resources you need to complete it. Their ability to steal your resources can slow down your progress towards getting strong enough to actually beat them. And it's insanely easy to get one before you even know what they are. Pretty much everyone that started the game after the update that introduced them has had this happen unless a friend warned them about it ahead of time.

They're not inherently a bad system but the way they can just blindside new players and make their experience more complicated and frustrating than it already is, is really problematic.

If larvae only spawned in kuva siphon missions then perhaps this situation would at least be substantially mitigated.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

The game would be a great deal better if it ever simply bothered to explain anything.

Maybe for you. I kinda always liked the fact that game is not hand holding and you have to actually research outside the game and learn stuff in game, by practice/testing. I am fairly sure there are more players drawn to this style.

Edited by Zakkhar