Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Acrid

ChronicTonic

Well modded I can still two shot ancients on Eris, sometimes one shot.

It may need further tweakings, but I think that, at the very least, it's not broken anymore. It was pretty much that in damage 1.0.

And like Brasten said, since it was so ridiculously OP, it feels weak in comparison.

Edited by Casardis

It's a problem for a few reasons, mostly that there is no longer any base standard damage, it does pure toxin, and you can't add puncture/impact/slashing base to it. So the shots themselves aren't doing a whole lot, then the DoT no longer scales with anything like it once did. Probably not because they intentionally did so, but because they offloaded DoT damage to elemental damage types like Viral or Toxin much like they did with the traditional Stun chance that they replaced with proc chance.

All I know is I'm building an Embolist right now and it relied on a similar mechanic, except without the range. It's not going to be pretty.

Typical raging over a gun that was so OP that it wasnt even fun :o
Even a little disappointed that they didnt nerf Soma to an respectable level, but at least you got an crazy death dealing rifle still on the loose, eh?

Never picked up Acrid myself. I felt like it was an disappointingly unfun gun thats used to rape +200 level enemies, cus no one can think of any better things to do or any better strategies to use. To me, I might now pick this pistol. The cost is irrelevant, since at least now it can be worth it :>

Typical raging over a gun that was so OP that it wasnt even fun :o

Even a little disappointed that they didnt nerf Soma to an respectable level, but at least you got an crazy death dealing rifle still on the loose, eh?

Never picked up Acrid myself. I felt like it was an disappointingly unfun gun thats used to rape +200 level enemies, cus no one can think of any better things to do or any better strategies to use. To me, I might now pick this pistol. The cost is irrelevant, since at least now it can be worth it :>

I've never picked up this gun but i know your just mad because.... blah blah blah, used to be OP. Maybe dont talk about things you have never used ? Get an educated opinion before you talk too, that would be smart. Soma also got a nerf in high level but i bet you never picked that up too.