Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIVEN FORGE SYSTEM? OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

Nokogirizame

SHVF2vV.png

I couldn't think of a good topic name. Anyway, please check the attached image.

Other examples...
Randomises the numeric values of the modifiers on a riven.
Destroys a riven, applying its modifiers to another of the same weapon class...etc...

Well, I stopped playing Kahl missions when I realized that my slot would eventually be filled with tau forged shards. There is no point in acquiring a normal one, which is really disappointing. Can you make these available for riven rerolls?

I've seen a lot of controversy surrounding riven rerolls. Despite many people complaining about the reroll system, the conclusions don't always seem to agree. This is because people who have already spent large amounts of kuva will not be happy about making it easier to reroll.

I too spent 1,600,000 kuva to reroll Drakgoon riven 466 times, so I can understand that sentiment. But if we could make the existing riven even better, no one would complain.

Oh, don't forget to hit the like button!

• Like 4

That single positive Stat- or even only just negative Rerolling obtion, is something the community is asking since Riven exist. You totally right, having hundreds upon hundreds of rolls on a single Riven and still not having his desired abilities is simply unsustainable. I would not even mind to invest more kuva for single roles. Like this you would actual be able to work towards a desired goal. This whole Riven RNG nonsense feels like a outdated, lazy game mechanic. It's overall a frustrating experience, wasting weeks worth of kuva farm into another unusable trash-roll. I rather invest 1million kuva in a single Riven to make it godlike, because it would feel like I worked for it. You know, I made my favorite gun perfect. But nope... Slot-machine-game-design it is, better luck next month. Rip

• Like 3

I agree that rivens need some non-random ways of interacting with them .

And those ways should go with restrictions and limitations.
Either really long waiting time, like you can use an item like op suggested- but only once per prime access,
so a 3 month project which also requires another timegated item after all the story.

Another way-you can do it with a shard right away- but it becomes untradeable. It's the power for
your only account and you don't make any impact on the platinum market.

Or just simply make a pity timer. You can put desirable stats. And after 1 mln kuva - you'll get it.

If someone thinks it's not restrictive enough: what about fusing all the above?
1 riven per prime access, 1 mln kuva and op's suggested crafting tool , which requires a shard+ you make it untradeable?

• Like 1

I would support reforging Riven modifiers if the Riven system was more complex, there are only 4 modifiers, some rivens cannot generate more than 2 modifiers.

Riven modifiers have a very limited number of combinations, this means that making these modifiers free for reforgables can generate many broken OP Rivens, exemple:

https://ibb.co/3yp8rXj

Iam keeping to defend the idea that weapons should equip multiple Riven based on MR accout like riven MR capacity. multiple Rivens on single weapon significantly increasing the number of modifiers combinations and randomness of interest on market.

En 25/10/2023 a las 4:35, Nokogirizame dijo:

SHVF2vV.png

Maybe a “Rainbow” riven transmuter, with the 3 shards and a riven transmuter as crafting requirements, that allows a riven of your choosing (it’s a permanent upgrade for the chosen riven) to get a 2nd button on the cycling section, which allows you to reroll the values of the stats you already have.

You are taking a item based mechanic from loot games like Diablo or PoE, where getting the item with that one prefix or suffix is the goal of the end game and applying it to completely different game with completely different mechanic where those suffixes and prefixes do not matter in making or breakinng a build.

Please dont. Play Diablo or PoE instead.

Edited by Zakkhar

On 2023-10-29 at 8:07 AM, BR31 said:

And those ways should go with restrictions and limitations.
Either really long waiting time, like you can use an item like op suggested- but only once per prime access,
so a 3 month project which also requires another timegated item after all the story.

Another way-you can do it with a shard right away- but it becomes untradeable. It's the power for
your only account and you don't make any impact on the platinum market.

Or just simply make a pity timer. You can put desirable stats. And after 1 mln kuva - you'll get it.

If someone thinks it's not restrictive enough: what about fusing all the above?
1 riven per prime access, 1 mln kuva and op's suggested crafting tool , which requires a shard+ you make it untradeable?

Why not more? I mean, come on, that's too easy. 1 mln of Kuva? Pff, 5 minutes in Kuva survival with <redacted> and <redacted>. Archon shard? We have already millions. 3 months wait? That's arbitrary number but not too bad. What about in order to craft "riven changer" like OP suggested you need very super ultra rare of the rarest item that is only available for 5 minutes after each of occurs:

- it's night in Cetus for at most 5 minutes.

- Eidolon is within 50 meters of Cetus (or whatever relay-like think it was called).

- There is 10 Moas near Church of Profit (Fortuna)

- Fass (Deimos) shooting beam.

- There is a "gem" that you can find (press X to pick, like ayatans) in the planet based on a Puzzle.

- You can solve the puzzle (mentioned above) by going to Void/AJISUKITAKAHIKONE

I think you get the gist of it. :D

Changing from "pray to RNG god" to "time gated, grindy stuff" is not good. You change from one bad to another. I don't like it.