The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hot take: Necramechs should only use Stamina for Sliding/Hover not Running

Drasiel

Necramechs can't bullet jump nor do they easily adjust direction while sliding on top having much slower entrance and exit animations to the necramech's slide than a warframe's. These makes their movement compared to warframes a lot slower and when you add stamina use for running it makes their movement feel slow, clunky, and frustrating. I would go so far as to say that Necramech stamina is actually worse than Warframe Stamina was because you can only regenerate it when walking or standing still while warframes regenerated stamina while sliding so were able to maintain momentum and speed.  

Please just let us better keep pace with warframes and free us from at least a little of frustrating clunk of Necramech mobility. Remove the consumption of stamina while running in a necramech.

• Like 13

On 2023-11-06 at 10:42 AM, PollexMessier said:

The real hot take is that they shouldn't have even had a stamina bar to begin with.

Exactly. I have not the slightest idea why DE keep introducing stamina in every new system they create. Railjack started with stamina, had to be taken out. Then Necramechs started with Stamina. Hopefully it'll be taken out, as well. There's no reason for it. Sprinting as a Necramech moves barely any faster than jogging, but it tanks your "stamina". The Headrush move absolutely does not need to cost Stamina, either. The only place that's even relevant is head-rushing long distances in Free Roam maps, and that's harming nobody. For whatever reason, DE are deathly afraid of letting us cling to walls or hover indefinitely, so you can apply cling/aimglide rules to that if you HAVE to.

Basically, Necramechs should have stamina in the first place.

• Like 1

On 2023-11-05 at 10:58 PM, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I don't think that's "hot take".

"an opinion that is likely to cause controversy or is unpopular"

I don't find that any controversial I think many players would like that change.

All right,  you caught me, It is a lukewarm take at best, but referring to things just ever so slightly incorrectly will at the very least get more engaged if only to go "ummm actually" lol.

On 2023-11-09 at 5:37 AM, Steel_Rook said:

Exactly. I have not the slightest idea why DE keep introducing stamina in every new system they create. Railjack started with stamina, had to be taken out. Then Necramechs started with Stamina. Hopefully it'll be taken out, as well. There's no reason for it. Sprinting as a Necramech moves barely any faster than jogging, but it tanks your "stamina". The Headrush move absolutely does not need to cost Stamina, either. The only place that's even relevant is head-rushing long distances in Free Roam maps, and that's harming nobody. For whatever reason, DE are deathly afraid of letting us cling to walls or hover indefinitely, so you can apply cling/aimglide rules to that if you HAVE to.

Basically, Necramechs should have stamina in the first place.

Partially I think some of the reason was that Necramechs are older tech in universe and they wanted to add back in resource management. However, in a game where necramechs and warframes can exist in the same place it just ends up feeling really bad. I prefer the stamina bar for hovering with a necramech more than the wall latch system for warframes, I never really know how much more time I have to wall latch and I can't really hear the audio change as you start to run out so it's total guesswork for me. Hovering does get used with a necramech a lot more than wall latching with a warframe for me, so maybe i could just get used to the time like with aim gliding. 

I brought up removing stamina (engine) from running for necramechs because they added 3 years ago with stamina so clearly someone wanted it really badly and as the running is the most frustrating usage maybe we can at least get that changed. Ideally, the slide (what you call the slide dash) wouldn't require stamina either, it already has a big drawback in minimal directional changes and having to go through two animations to slide, jump, and return to slide if there is any obstruction. It's not so fast even with the mods to improve it that operator dashing, bullet jumping, and archwing blink isn't still comparable in speed or faster. Necramech mobility is just clunky and old fashioned mechanically to such an extent it just feels like they use the lore of older technology as an excuse to keep around what has become a frustrating system.  

• Like 1