The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition for auction market in the game

--iNTRoVeRT--

On 2023-12-13 at 2:32 PM, Famecans said:

Exactly, I want to see liquidity more alive than ever, I want to see hundreds of thousands of sellers in the market, prices rising and falling rapidly like cardiac fluids, so what has no value will die, what is valued will live until the next cycle intermittent.

Any supply and demand without market liquidity is on the edge of a precipice, especially when these offers and demands are speculative. Without market liquidity, the graph dies, the game ends, the flow stops, players give up playing.

Note that there are always players in need of platinum, there are always players in need of parts for incomplete items, but the market is clouded by the limitations of trade chat.

Warframemarket and Alecaframe need to be more connected to game data and trading actions with or without an internal interface auction house.
otherwise the PC market will inevitably monopolize values over the mass of console and mobile players.

i have never thought that this post would be so much accurate cause of current market change in prices with game changes that DE didXD

• Like 1

On 2023-12-13 at 4:49 PM, (PSN)iuvenilis said:
On 2023-12-13 at 11:32 AM, Famecans said:

Warframemarket and Alecaframe need to be more connected to game data and trading actions with or without an internal interface auction house.

It almost sounds like you don't actually want an auction house? Which was the entire point of this conversation.... if all you were pushing for was "something else", but perhaps you didn't actually mean an auction house, then you've definitely gone about it the wrong way.

Alecaframe and Warframe Market are market analytical tools, it is illogical to ask the DE to place these analytical tools within the Warframe Game. an auction house is an automatic market function with public data, alecaframe and warframe market are applications that improve the data from this auction house. The auction house is a check on the veracity of data against speculation in values and fake accounts.

Yesterday I was trying to buy a single Frost Prime blueprint, I didn't list an order with a value below the sellers so I tried to buy from sellers online in game, these sellers don't exist in game but they are on site dropping values down:

Spoiler

DJ2zOG2.jpg

• Like 1

There are currently NO liquidity issues, plat changes hands quick freely at the moment.

ok, your paradox:

If there were hundreds of thousands of sellers, but still the same 100 buyers, that could create a liquidity issue. Now it's 1000 times harder to sell. 

So you say we have healthy market liquidity because there are few sellers and buyers in the market, does this contradict your first paragraph?!?!?!

=================================

Warframe is NOT a stock market.

My answer:

I've been looking at this new update for about 3 days, I'm not sure but I think I've played more than 20 hours in the last 3 days, we have 12 hours of daylight each day so that's equivalent to 36 hours of useful life, 20 hours were spent on warframe gameplay, market analysis and platinum values, price forecast, drop table forecast, etc. This is my routine for the last 20 hours because market is in the dark for the next few weeks, bla bla bla...

Yesterday I sold a [Crescendo Arcane] for 170 platinum, then another player was wanting to buy this arcane in chat for 40 platinum. one of these two buyers is correct and the other is speculating on the market because the value margin is large.

Looking at the past, I have content to dissolve in account progress, but the market is sick, slow, locked, dark and depends on a lot of market analysis and patience (you say that liquidity is healthy).

I am a significantly active player and looking at other novice players, for me this burden of time and research is equivalent to a stock market.

Edited by Famecans
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Famecans said:

Yesterday I was trying to buy a single Frost Prime blueprint, I didn't list an order with a value below the sellers so I tried to buy from sellers online in game, these sellers don't exist in game but they are on site dropping values down:

I'm starting to see a pattern
My red text of me posting `air` and ur pics of people posting `air`

Maybe we do have a point after all and other people r just blind and/or 2 stubborn to realise it.
No one excludes the option of them being just `special`

+ have u noticed their entire fear of price change happened regardless of the system used to trade
That now energise is only the shadow of its once known price glory. and funny how its not gonna return ever, with us still having a worse system to trade. the irony in this makes me so happy.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, --iNTRoVeRT-- said:

+ have u noticed their entire fear of price change happened regardless of the system used to trade
That now energise is only the shadow of its once known price glory. and funny how its not gonna return ever, with us still having a worse system to trade. the irony in this makes me so happy.

Exactly.

Ironically our friends in the thread insist on saying: The market is perfect; Liquidity is great; Accessibility is quick; Social is nice, bla bla bla...

Meanwhile the DE is changing the game because in fact the market does not work as it should, the market does not work for what it was made for, the market is being buried because the monopolizers do not support the change.

Digital Extreme: OK, we're looking at these Glaive Prime prices, the prime pieces can be dissolved in ducates so are we going to make ducatos open relics instantly?!?!? this insane distribution of relics, I think the future of the market looks dark?!?!

L6OmWZY.png

j6p1dkj.png

295RbCC.png

Edited by Famecans

22 hours ago, --iNTRoVeRT-- said:

I'm starting to see a pattern
My red text of me posting `air` and ur pics of people posting `air`

Maybe we do have a point after all and other people r just blind and/or 2 stubborn to realise it.
No one excludes the option of them being just `special`

I think these legendary melee arcana will be available in Loid dissolution after the maximum rank of Sanctum Anatomica, I'm sold on them all as it's clear that DE wants to facilitate general access to arcana.

Meanwhile I'm watching some fun topics about the market:

11 minutes ago, Famecans said:

legendary melee arcana will be available in Loid dissolution after the maximum rank of Sanctum Anatomica

DE stated that they purposefully left them out of arcane dissolution so that people feel inclined to farm them in the traditional ways. And that maybe ?6 months or so? later they plan to add them to dissolution.

This was either during the last devstream, or Rebb's pre-update stream.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:
17 minutes ago, Famecans said:

legendary melee arcana will be available in Loid dissolution after the maximum rank of Sanctum Anatomica

DE stated that they purposefully left them out of arcane dissolution so that peopld feel inclined to farm them in the traditional ways. And that maybe ?6 months or so? later they plan to add them to dissolution.

This was either during the last devstream, or Rebb's pre-update stream.

ok, thanks for informing me, this prevents my comment from speculating market values, I foresee high prices for a long time, I don't intend to maximize them so quickly.

I need to inform friends on my country (unfortunally they don't follow/read English content), not to sell it so cheaply as it won't be accessible in Loid in the next few months, etc. tldr

Edited by Famecans
  • Like 1

On 2023-12-13 at 9:32 PM, Famecans said:

Exactly, I want to see liquidity more alive than ever, I want to see hundreds of thousands of sellers in the market, prices rising and falling rapidly like cardiac fluids, so what has no value will die, what is valued will live until the next cycle intermittent.

In other words, you want the common stuff to be truly low value (for example, prime junk could go for 1 plat for 6-12 pieces), while the high value items will only have value for some amount of time until it became low value? Am I understanding your intention right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gamma745 said:
On 12/13/2023 at 11:32 AM, Famecans said:

In other words, you want the common stuff to be truly low value (for example, prime junk could go for 1 plat for 6-12 pieces), while the high value items will only have value for some amount of time until it became low value? Am I understanding your intention right?

Market liquidity is the speed of buying and selling in the market in general, this market is supplied by different types of offers, some of these offers have no sales value and also no conversion value, but most of the time they have some value. The situation you mention above is related to the current market as it is extremely limited in terms of settlement, causing buyers and sellers to speculate on the value in order to profit from fewer transactions.

Most items (including fragmented items) have market value, common mods like [Vitality] can be converted into endo or transmuted to obtain new mods, but realize that these mods cannot be sold (they do not have market liquidity) because the The market is chained to stationary rules(30 trades daily; 6x volume itens; no automated trade; no auction inventory...), it is not possible to buy volume of [Vitality] mods to compete with Ayatan endo this rules refuze factors of liquidity.

3 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

I'll save you a potential headache. Don't bother asking. The person you quoted has little to no idea, and as you can already tell from their response, has poor communication skills. You will not get a coherent response. 

Their constant ramblings about liquidity and speculation are strong indicators they either don't know what they're talking about, or have poor communication skills (most likely both).

Even when you ask a very simple, easy to understand question, which is basically a yes/no answer, they still can't even answer that much.

It's almost funny how they believe their input is valid, when they can't even use simple, coherent language to convey their opinion. Almost.

Edited by (PSN)iuvenilis

2 hours ago, Famecans said:

Market liquidity is the speed of buying and selling in the market in general, this market is supplied by different types of offers, some of these offers have no sales value and also no conversion value, but most of the time they have some value. The situation you mention above is related to the current market as it is extremely limited in terms of settlement, causing buyers and sellers to speculate on the value in order to profit from fewer transactions.

Most items (including fragmented items) have market value, common mods like [Vitality] can be converted into endo or transmuted to obtain new mods, but realize that these mods cannot be sold (they do not have market liquidity) because the The market is chained to stationary rules(30 trades daily; 6x volume itens; no automated trade; no auction inventory...), it is not possible to buy volume of [Vitality] mods to compete with Ayatan endo this rules refuze factors of liquidity.

Okay, thank you. This helps a bit on my understanding of what you want to see happen with the implementation of the auction house.

2 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

I'll save you a potential headache. Don't bother asking. The person you quoted has little to no idea, and as you can already tell from their response, has poor communication skills. You will not get a coherent response. 

Funny enough, his response actually help me understand his desire and goals. Well, I already have suspicions before I asked, but his response truly help confirms it.

Basically, a "market crash" is precisely what he wanted. Where the "junk" won't even enter the market or even consideration, and the only stuff circulating are the ones that have "value". A place where full-time traders are the ones in control.

7 hours ago, Gamma745 said:
9 hours ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Funny enough, his response actually help me understand his desire and goals. Well, I already have suspicions before I asked, but his response truly help confirms it.

Basically, a "market crash" is precisely what he wanted. Where the "junk" won't even enter the market or even consideration, and the only stuff circulating are the ones that have "value". A place where full-time traders are the ones in control.

Market stabilization =/= Market decline.
Market liquidity =/= Market decline.
Market accessibility =/= Market decline.
If the market is in decline it means that RNG numbers needs to be revisited.

I'm watching your perfect market...

Loid is melting the prices of legendary arcana to correct the market's problems however the complexity of eidolon hunts is now outdated, its hard for most of players but is outdated of rewards as any player can buy arcane packs by multi farming with Onkko / Acolytes arcanes.

Wow, How many golden arcana can I buy with my sentient core stock? a lot so let's melt legendary arcana prices? yep😉

This means that now eydolon hunters have hundreds of hours of gameplay converted into stocks of common resources, all of these resources should be purchased by players but the speculative market has not stabilized values. Eidolon hunts are dying because the market doesn't work, don't ignore reality.

There is nothing more valuable in the world than "time", gameplay time, action time, all of this is being melted in this update because the game doesn't have a really fair, fast and functional trading system.

The prime frames / weapons are rooted / chained on this mastery system, the future indicates that we will have more frames connected to the aya system, do you look at the complexity of aya system? I got the blue drop, trade them for relics, opened relics for prime parts, sell prime parts for 1 plat... ok i dont know how much does this prime part cost because the guys on trade chat tells me 1 plat, I'm playing on my cell phone, pls wait a momment I'll visit the website to confirm this value, wait 5 minutes...

wtf more 5 minutes, all this started on aya and mastery system, I'm watching your perfect market.👌🫰👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Famecans said:

Market stabilization =/= Market decline.
Market liquidity =/= Market decline.
Market accessibility =/= Market decline.
If the market is in decline it means that RNG numbers needs to be revisited.

I'm watching your perfect market...

Loid is melting the prices of legendary arcana to correct the market's problems however the complexity of eidolon hunts is now outdated, its hard for most of players but is outdated of rewards as any player can buy arcane packs by multi farming with Onkko / Acolytes arcanes.

Wow, How many golden arcana can I buy with my sentient core stock? a lot so let's melt legendary arcana prices? yep😉

This means that now eydolon hunters have hundreds of hours of gameplay converted into stocks of common resources, all of these resources should be purchased by players but the speculative market has not stabilized values. Eidolon hunts are dying because the market doesn't work, don't ignore reality.

There is nothing more valuable in the world than "time", gameplay time, action time, all of this is being melted in this update because the game doesn't have a really fair, fast and functional trading system.

The prime frames / weapons are rooted / chained on this mastery system, the future indicates that we will have more frames connected to the aya system, do you look at the complexity of aya system? I got the blue drop, trade them for relics, opened relics for prime parts, sell prime parts for 1 plat... ok i dont know how much does this prime part cost because the guys on trade chat tells me 1 plat, I'm playing on my cell phone, pls wait a momment I'll visit the website to confirm this value, wait 5 minutes...

wtf more 5 minutes, all this started on aya and mastery system, I'm watching your perfect market.👌🫰👍

the best part of it all is how long and badly the current system handles changes like his. 
all the changes and deviations that would have been done and stabilised in games like wow or bdo or albion in 1-5h, here they take days or weeks. 

how soon will the prices for arcanes will finally stabilise? how long till another change that will shutter this fragile system built by players based on only a word and slow pace exchange?

i love to see how my point that was made a while ago of how fickle and unstable this economy is, became truth cause the same `whales` that control the current system r destroying everything and trying to reconstruct it from scratch. an entire part of the market went into shambles cause of 1 change and now it cant settle fast enough damaging new players, farmers and other people who don't know wat to do and cant do it fast enough cause of the SLOWNESS of the chat trade system.

Edited by --iNTRoVeRT--
  • Like 1