Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Oberon receive some love ?

Waeleto

3 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

I couldn't give an opinion on Trinity because I haven't used it yet, but if you say it's on par with Nyx (a warframe I use), it needs a revision.

i guess u didnt play nyx then

outdated code wise yes

weak, or unusable no. nyx is very powerfull

however hollowed ground needs to be fixed

and a few number changes, and Oberon will be fine

Edited by (PSN)Spider_Enigma
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Although if they had matching ranges at least in length, and HG had some depth, they'd work much better than they do. 

I get why that's a frequent request, but I kind of like that Oberon requires both for his strip.  I just wish both abilities offered more on their own to make up for it, and meshed somewhat better.

why would he require both to strip if i could subsume terrify over his 4th ability and fully strip with even less strength requirement ? it's so stupid and it's not "synergy" it's a restiriction

• Like 1

hace 6 horas, (PSN)Spider_Enigma dijo:

i guess u didnt play nyx then

outdated code wise yes

weak, or unusable no. nyx is very powerfull

however hollowed ground needs to be fixed

and a few number changes, and Oberon will be fine

you do not read? I said yes, I use nyx. I'm not saying it needs a rework, more like it needs a revision.

6 minutes ago, Genitive said:

What Oberon needs is being an eximus drop again. There was no good reason to put him behind railjack.

Fr it’s not a coincidence that most frames have low usage and come from railjack

We got Sevagoth, Oberon, Ash, Valkyr Prime, Nyx Prime

And I never see them, and nobody ever talks about them (with the exception of that thread about Valkyr)

5 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Fr it’s not a coincidence that most frames have low usage and come from railjack

We got Sevagoth, Oberon, Ash, Valkyr Prime, Nyx Prime

And I never see them, and nobody ever talks about them (with the exception of that thread about Valkyr)

I totally forgot they also moved Ash there. No reason for that, either.

Oberon could serve as a good entry-level support warframe, but now we have him locked behind railjack out of all places.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Waeleto said:

why would he require both to strip if i could subsume terrify over his 4th ability and fully strip with even less strength requirement ? it's so stupid and it's not "synergy" it's a restiriction

I know those feel different, but there's really no practical difference.  Name any ability synergy you love, and you have to use more than one ability to get it: that's a restriction.  The first question is, is the synergy impactful  enough to justify needing two abilities together?  Armor strip is worth it, no doubt.  Second question: how does it compare to similar effects from other sources?  Third question:  are the abilities good enough on their own even before the synergy?

Questions 2 and 3 are where Hallowed Ground and Reckoning fall short.    Although I'll point out that on your Terrify replacing Reckoning build you're getting some different restrictions.  You no longer have Reckoning.  You're giving up the ability to armor strip bosses, and your strip is no longer permanent, which can be important on Demolysts and where there are duration reduction effects in play.  And if you find fleeing enemies inconvenient, you're going to lose a slot on the augment.

Still, Terrify strip is really tempting considering the state of HG/Reckoning.  Even more tempting for me might be Pillage.  But that's why I didn't say  "HG/Reckoning strip is fine".  I said they need to offer more and mesh better.  A good illustration of the problem is imagining if the armor  strip was broken apart and just put on HG.  That'd be an improvement, but I'd still prefer other strips because of HG's limitations.  So address some of those limitations! 

And when it comes down to it,  I wouldn't cry for days if the armor strip synergy was just put on one of his abilities.  I think the chances are at least 50% that's what happens if Oberon ever gets some attention, because DE's direction seems to be simplifying, i.e., making different things more like each other.  I just find it unique and appreciate that it's not a generic strip, and I'd rather it be salvaged than dumpstered.