Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Host Migration After Every Mission with Squad

(PSN)Wolf_Lover220408

Well, the only workaround I found is by playing on PC whenever I want to squad up for some specific purpose. I just keep losing connection/get host migrated whenever I play on PS. The only thing that varies is the amount of time needed; sometimes it'll bug out on the first mission, sometimes I can play a couple missions before being yeeted from the matchmaking.

• Like 1

Idk how to send a clip, but i made a video:

https://youtu.be/xvKpYsMxQe4?si=zgoO6MyLDgSeKxak

I get host Migration every single mission, only solution is to be host. But thats not possible when you join in public missions. Also the hub freezes are getting pretty annoying especialy when you want to play bounties, after every Mission the game freezes. 🥺

Edited by spelli555
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, spelli555 said:

I get host Migration every single mission, only solution is to be host. But thats not possible when you join in public missions. Also the hub freezes are getting pretty annoying especialy when you want to play bounties, after every Mission the game freezes. 🥺

I second this, this is what happens to me too. Usually I get the freeze on the ship loading animation and once it unfreezes and loads the map I get the Hosting Migration and boots me back to my ship.

• Like 2

Hey all 

Im also facing a similar issue however now its gotten much worse as I cant join any open squad and am currently soloing my way through the star chart whilst remaining in discord with all my pc friends who cant see me online on their friend's list however I can see them.

hopefully DE sets up a hotfix soon because the most recent update has caused all this for me

• Like 1

So many different forum posts regarding the same issue and not a single aknowledgement from DE...

It has been quite an ordeal grinding this event with this recurring issue. If I'm on PS, I can barely do 1 run in 10 minutes cause of all the lost connections

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello PS5 Warframe community,

Any update on this issue? I'm still having it on my PS5.

From having the same problem over and over, I figured out it happens when some player joins the session and is being loaded. It happens almost always when I'm with cross-platform enabled. When entering an open world city, it's 100% sure it'll freeze. Sometimes it happens when someone joins a mission that is already running.  I couldn't proc the freeze with cross-platform disabled, maybe because it seems there is no one around in the time zone/ region I'm playing, no if there is no one to join, there is no freeze. Limiting my ping to more restrict values (I'm testing aroung 200ms now) seems to have helped a little, making the freezes less often, but maybe it's just coincidence or the same reason as above.

As a founder member who loved the game and stopped playing back when Parkour 2.0 was implemented (around 2015? not exactly sure), in terms of a "forced" break cause of PC problems, the account merge system in december/23 just put me right back into action. Getting used to play in a controller took it's time, but I did manage to get over it. Now this freeze bug just spoils much of the fun, hindering our open world gameplay a lot, like some users mentioned above.

Hope DE gives this issue some attention, cause we are really in need of it.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. We've merged some recent threads about these freezes/host migrations. We have spent quite a bit of time trying to reproduce this internally but have not yet found the culprit. With that said, we're hoping there might be some additional information that could point us in the right direction. Many posts in this thread have done a great job narrowing this down, but we could use some more help. 

For example.

1. Does this only occur when Cross Platform Play is enabled? (this can be toggled in Warframe Settings -> System)

• If it does, can you identify any of the platform(s) in your squad? Can you identify the platform that connected before the freeze/host migration occurred?
    • (for example: Does having a cross platform player connect during the mission increase the chances of these freezes occurring?)

2. Does lowering your Matchmaking Ping Limit decrease the chances of encountering these freezes? (this can also be changed in Warframe Settings -> System)

• If you lower your Ping Limit to 100, do your missions seem more stable?

3. Could this be tied to an item in your (or someone else's) inventory? 

• For example, is anyone in your squad using a Specter when you experience these freezes/host migrations?

4. Can you force these freezes/host migrations to occur with your squad? Do they only happen when a player you don't know joins via. matchmaking?

• For example, if a client in your squad leaves and rejoins the mission, will it trigger a freeze/host migration for anyone?

5. If you install the PS4 version of Warframe on your PS5, do you still experience this issue? Is this specific to the PS5 version of the game?

We understand that this has been very frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. The above questions are just a few potential leads that we are investigating, but if there is anything else anyone can think of that could help us narrow down this issue even more, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Edited by [DE]Linkski
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi everyone. We've merged some recent threads about these freezes/host migrations. We have spent quite a bit of time trying to reproduce this internally but have not yet found the culprit. With that said, we're hoping there might be some additional information that could point us in the right direction. Many posts in this thread have done a great job narrowing this down, but we could use some more help. 

For example.

1. Does this only occur when Cross Platform Play is enabled? (this can be toggled in Warframe Settings -> System)

• If it does, can you identify any of the platform(s) in your squad? Can you identify the platform that connected before the freeze/host migration occurred?
    • (for example: Does having a cross platform player connect during the mission increase the chances of these freezes occurring?)

2. Does lowering your Matchmaking Ping Limit decrease the chances of encountering these freezes? (this can also be changed in Warframe Settings -> System)

• For example, is anyone in your squad using a Specter when you experience these freezes/host migrations?

4. Can you force these freezes/host migrations to occur with your squad? Do they only happen when a player you don't know joins via. matchmaking?

• For example, if a client in your squad leaves and rejoins the mission, will it trigger a freeze/host migration for anyone?

5. If you install the PS4 version of Warframe on your PS5, do you still experience this issue? Is this specific to the PS5 version of the game?

We understand that this has been very frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. The above questions are just a few potential leads that we are investigating, but if there is anything else anyone can think of that could help us narrow down this issue even more, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

This issue for me on ps4 has been happening for quite a while now, maybe a year or so. One thing i find loading into pub missions is i have chat box displayed showing squad, im loading in, screen freezes for anything from 10 secs to 40 secs, then a 5th player joins squad booting me back to the ship. Also in mission if someone joins game freezes for about 6 secs. It's the 5th player joining that i find odd as for as long as I've played warframe (2018) , it never happened before until Ps5 released then i started noticing these 5th player issues.

• Like 1

Since at least 2022 or perhaps even earlier (probably when cross-play was introduced and I opted into it), I always experienced visual frame rate hitches of 3+ seconds whenever someone else joined the squad when I played on Xbox One X.  I personally resolved this in December 2023 in an unsatisfying way by upgrading to Xbox Series X, so the HDD loading speeds that led to this hitch became negligible.

I'd forgotten about that until seeing this topic because performance has been fantastic --- but about 5 to 12 days ago, I joined a public Ropalolyst Assassination Nightmare mission as a client to fulfill the corresponding Nightwave challenge (I believe 2 or 3 players were on other platforms; 0 or 1 others were on Xbox) and performance was great until the boss fight began with a full squad.  Suddenly I was getting about 1 frame drawn per 4 seconds --- the music seemed unaffected, and the sound effects played but didn't reflect changes in what was happening in mission until the visuals caught up.  One of the other players dropped from the squad and reconnected later, mentioning in chat that they crashed.  I assume the host was doing great performance-wise because the fight progressed easily despite at least 2 of us having an unplayable experience.  The hitches cleared up just as the Ropalolyst was defeated and going through their fancy defeat animation.

Anyway, if we can investigate that original hitch and resolve it, maybe that will clear up at least some of these reports.

• Like 2

On 2024-02-02 at 1:59 AM, [DE]Linkski said:

For example.

Thank you!

Hello Linkski, for the answers:

• I wasn't able to make it happen with it disabled, very few ppl joined my session (PS5 south america)

• Yes, but it could be biased since less ppl were joining.

• Since I got DCed before they could join, I couldn't say. But there are some times that I don't get DCed, so I supposed there is nothing to do about any itens equiped.

• Never happened with a known squad member. Maybe because the ping is lower, since they are also from SA.

Didn't try this one, but manic above said he is having it in ps4.

So far I suspect it has something to do with the loading from the joining player. Sometimes they load just fine, others it seems the game freezes just when they are about to be "loaded". This video by spelli shows exacly what happens.

On 2024-01-06 at 9:35 PM, spelli555 said:

Tks for checking this out and I hope you guys find the solution soon!

• Like 1

On 2024-02-01 at 10:59 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

For example.

Thank you!

Hey there, several players in-game are struggling with this issue since dagath's update; not only those included in this topic. The first post was made since November!, 3 months to getting an answer and addressing this problem? 

I'm on PS5, I've tried everything and is getting worse every day. The game is unplayable. 

This is what I have done with no success: 

1 Switching between LAN Cable and WiFi (both high-speed).

2 Switching Off/On: Cross Save Platform. 

3 Lowering graphics settings.

4 Switching between all region servers.

5 Switching ports in network settings.

6 Matching Ping to default, lower or higher.

7 Switching between Solo mode, Host or Client, no matters in what platform your squad mates are, it occurs anyway. I've tested PC, Xbox or PS partners. 

This frozen screen/host migration/lost connection issue occur 5 of 10 times at least, while you are:

1 Traveling from your orbiter to any place around the system.

2 In any relay (Open Worlds relays included), no matters if you aren't moving around or just standing by. 

3 Waiting in the lobby to get inside/outside to/from any Open World. If the gates just opened to getting outside from an Open World, you just think that you had some luck but suddenly the screen gets frozen too. 

4 Now is happening in mission too, I'll upload some videos about it if necessary.

Please fix it as soon as possible, Warframe is a social game, it have been 4 horrible months now, our friends are suffering these issues with us, we are loosing a big amount of time, their and our patience is getting exhausted. 

Edited by EricFabiani
  • Like 1

Does the player that joined your squad, have a clan emblem? Hint, try Warframe chat /profile command to check if their clan have clan emblem.

I will guess the freezes when player joins or while in relay, may be the Slow Clan Emblem downloads. Since consoles can't access EE.log this will be more difficult to prove this. See a few years old topic, https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1003048-rare-random-freeze-at-cetus-unfreezes-on-network-disconnect/

I don't have recent problems now on PC. A few years ago I have had a history of some freezing while in Cetus, and the PC Warframe's EE.log file shows something about clan emblem's very high 20 second latency, about the same 20 second of time the game was frozen, then unfreeze. This 20 seconds is way too long that the game disconnect from multiplayer squad.

If the freezes are from clan emblems, then ideally the real fix I would like to see, is to try to not freeze while downloading clan emblem from a slow connection or slow server.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, sam686 said:

Does the player that joined your squad, have a clan emblem? Hint, try Warframe chat /profile command to check if their clan have clan emblem.

I will guess the freezes when player joins or while in relay, may be the Slow Clan Emblem downloads. Since consoles can't access EE.log this will be more difficult to prove this. See a few years old topic, https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1003048-rare-random-freeze-at-cetus-unfreezes-on-network-disconnect/

I don't have recent problems now on PC. A few years ago I have had a history of some freezing while in Cetus, and the PC Warframe's EE.log file shows something about clan emblem's very high 20 second latency, about the same 20 second of time the game was frozen, then unfreeze. This 20 seconds is way too long that the game disconnect from multiplayer squad.

If the freezes are from clan emblems, then ideally the real fix I would like to see, is to try to not freeze while downloading clan emblem from a slow connection or slow server.

Interesting, Sam, it could be related to, there's no doubt that the more people on a relay the faster you get the freeze. By the other hand I've checked the emblems hypothesis and in my case it doesn't makes any difference,  almost all partners have clan emblems and I still getting freezes randomly, I mean, sometimes and sometimes not. Now is occurring while I'm in mission too, not only relays.

We're still having trouble reproducing these freezes internally, but we've discovered a potential solution through our support tickets that has us wondering if this might be a network issue. To help us narrow this down some more, we could use some additional information:

Would you happen to be connecting to an IPv6 network? Can you try switching to IPv4 and see if this improves your performance in Warframe?

To do this on your PC:

• Open Settings
  • Click on Network & internet
  • Click the Advanced Network Settings option
  • Under the Related Settings section, click the More Network Adapter Options setting
  • Right-click the network adapter and choose the Properties option
  • Clear the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option
  • Click the OK button

PS5 supports IPv6 connections but not IPv6-only, so we'd like to know if switching to IPv4-only stops these 10-20sec freezes.

Also, If you notice an improvement, please share your modem/router in this thread.
Even if you've already been using IPv4, knowing which modem/router people have could still be helpful.

We hope to use the above information to help us find a pattern that we can investigate further.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2024-02-24 at 4:31 AM, [DE]Linkski said:

We're still having trouble reproducing these freezes internally, but we've discovered a potential solution through our support tickets that has us wondering if this might be a network issue. To help us narrow this down some more, we could use some additional information:

Would you happen to be connecting to an IPv6 network? Can you try switching to IPv4 and see if this improves your performance in Warframe?

To do this on your PC:

• Open Settings
  • Under the Related Settings section, click the More Network Adapter Options setting
  • Click the OK button

PS5 supports IPv6 connections but not IPv6-only, so we'd like to know if switching to IPv4-only stops these 10-20sec freezes.

Also, If you notice an improvement, please share your modem/router in this thread.
Even if you've already been using IPv4, knowing which modem/router people have could still be helpful.

We hope to use the above information to help us find a pattern that we can investigate further.

Thanks!

Hi, I have this ploblem when use wifi it WAN connecting type is PPPoE, but I switch to Dynamic IP I don't have this ploblem

Win 11

AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX

RTX 3060

On 2024-02-23 at 3:31 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

To do this on your PC:

• Open Settings
  • Click the OK button

Thanks!

Hey again, guys. I've tried switching to iPv4, I still getting freezes. I don't think that it would be a connection issue, the user internet connection, I meant. Is like if the game just turned on something incompatible with some PS consoles (I'll share a pic to explain what I mean). All was fine untill Dagath's update, something is wrong with the game. Please don't misunderstand the amount of players posting here, We are just a few, there are a lot of users getting these issues and they are just discouraged or simply they have lost the interest to discuss about this problem and even to keep playing Warframe. We need help or an answer about if the game will be fixed for us or it will stay like this. Thank you so much in advance.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Cw6C91UfCBF63tCBA

Edited by EricFabiani
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Around 80% to 90% of the games I try to join publicly it fails to connect to host and I'm either kicked out (losing all the loot dearing inf missions) or it just doesn't join the party and gives me the host disconnected message.

I really REALLY hope it's fixed in the next update because if it isn't then it's just better to run solo void fishers then have 30 attempts at joining another party just to crack 1 relic 

• Like 1

You know what? No. I'm not dealing with this anymore

If you want me to play more warframe then fix host connection bugs because I HATE it when I do an arb and the host hops in extraction with another player at the last second and leaves then I fail to connect to the new host I lose EVERYTHING I GOT THAT MISSION WITH NO HOPE OF GETTING IT BACK so no, I'm not playing warframe anymore till this is fixed

Edited by SJK150
missed a word

Here is the same problem and it is now unplayable for me as soon as someone is in a troop to the Join Stand picture and directly back to orbiter host migration or in the loading screen statue and back or on Cetus Fortuna and other hubs after 10 seconds directly and fly out new instance Only if I am not a problem myself I am at my colleague in the group I fly out regardless of whether a mission or hub or open world according to the still image I am out of the group
(PS5 Germany)

This is still happening to me. I would like for someone in DE to look at this forum post and at least give us some sort of response to why is happening or if possible a band-aid fix for it. I have tried pretty much everything, decreasing the ping limit to 100, downloading the PS4 version on my PS5, changing the ports... idk what to do anymore. I have found out that the problem flares more when doing things in the open worlds. I left the game because of that reason like a month ago but came back because I truly enjoy the game, but these type of issues makes it so aggravating. It has been multiple nights were I'm farming something and when we are about to finish I get host migration and get kicked. Also, I know its not an easy fix but some sort of acknowledgement from someone in DE would go a long way. Please give me good news with the Dante Unbound update.

• Like 3