Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we Pleaaaaaase get old Wukong Defy as a Helminth ability?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I really don't know what should I change in the wording of the OP so I can cater to those with little to no attention span...like I think it's pretty clear already

GET OLD WUKONG DEFY AS A HELMINTH ABILITY.

I didn't say get old Defy back, I didn't say rework defy...I said OLD defy AS a HELMINTH ABILITY. 

On 2023-11-19 at 3:38 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

A channel ability where whenever you take lethal damage you heal instead but the healing gets worse everytime, until you don't get healed anymore.

I also said A channel ability, not Wukong's channel ability....I described it as a new ability separate from Wukong!

like what exactly am I supposed to change?
this post came to me when I heard pablo thought about adding Hydroid's undertow as a Helminth ability...what did he say differently so people understood him and not me?

Edited by (PSN)Hopper_Orouk

9 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Sneaky, you're a a true hero, not because of what you do for a living, but because you read the post properly.

Hah! I'm glad it isnt for what I do as a living, since if it was that would set the bar very low for other heroes. :clem:

But yeah, no idea how people did not get what it was that you wanted since it was uhm... kinda crystal clear. Not to mention the thread title alone is quite clear aswell. Buuuut y'know... people are people.

I understood the post too when I read it, it was quite clear tbh you wanted the old mechanics of defy implemented as a standalone helminth ability.

That said, I think the game needs less "press and forget" abilities like this, solely because they're a bit boring in terms of gameplay. That goes for Dagath's Grave Spirit too, I honestly have no idea why they release things like this. Skills that apply flat buffs or do one or two things very well are fine, but they're just not very engaging for players to press a skill and it just stays channeled or left on with no other interactions. It's weird because they do implement this, like with Equinox's Mend & Maim or Nekros' Desecrate (both requiring some active player participation to apply effects) and those at least require something.

• Like 1

On 2023-11-19 at 7:38 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

A channel ability where whenever you take lethal damage you heal instead but the healing gets worse everytime, until you don't get healed anymore

We don't need more "set and forget" abilities that basically equal to "You're invincible!"

Especially when the "but it heals less and less each time." means "turn it off for 0.5 seconds then turn it back on again for full strength heals again."

On 2023-11-19 at 7:38 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Can we get that? Look we have Revenants walking around with 20+ invincibility charges, and Nidus has Defy as his passive...Dagath has a death defying ability that is active all the time and only has a 25 second cooldown...and I guess Voruna counts too.

Revenant is the only comparable ability, and IMHO mesmer skin is a bit broken.

Nidus requires you to constantly build up stacks as dying takes them away, and if you're dying often you just can't build up stacks (he also doesn't have shields so undying acts as a psuedo-shieldgate for him).
Dagath has a 25 second CD between deaths, and further the grace period she is granted doesn't allow for shields to regenerate so she can't take advantage of shield gating as soon as the grace period ends, meaning if you aren't careful you'll just die again immediately and can't take advantage of the ability.
Voruna has a 60 second CD between deaths to recharge the passive.

We don't need an ability that is "Toggle every few deaths to fully reset the ability with literally no downside, real need for upkeep, or much of a cost, or any downtime at all!" and can be put on every single frame.

Edited by Tsukinoki

On 2023-11-19 at 8:28 PM, Venus-Venera said:

forgot the last time I saw him in public. could even be 2 years 

DE released stats like last year showing he was the most played warframe, and they released like 30 nerfs because of how he was being used. Most notable was the ammo nerfs. People were that addicted to wukong abd his clone. Not to mention how easy he is to keep alive with current defy and cloud ability. 

I still see wukongs even though i barely play as much as i used to. 

On 2023-11-19 at 9:14 AM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I mean an ability separate from Wukong, a Helminth exclusive ability anyone can use...not reworking Wukong himself.

I know, what im saying still stands. I dont think its worth the effort. Not just wukong but all frames dont need it when we got shields and so many other ways of staying alive. Its tough to sell. 

Perhaps describe how the playstyle differes from whats already possible in the game currently? Energy is little concern with late game builds, so keeping your shields up when they get depleted is fully possible. It just seems like shields act like what youre asking for, only better

That would be the main issue. We all know its not that op anymore cause we can basically all have it already, but if we have it already why add it again over new abilities that offer playstyles we dont have? Seems like a waste of development time

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Frost_Nephilim:

DE released stats like last year showing he was the most played warframe, and they released like 30 nerfs because of how he was being used. Most notable was the ammo nerfs. People were that addicted to wukong abd his clone. Not to mention how easy he is to keep alive with current defy and cloud ability. 

I still see wukongs even though i barely play as much as i used to.

I saw the statistics too. and even back then I was amazed at how something like that could even be possible.
and I switch between NA and Europe. So I don't seem to see most of the players. And after MR30, in my experience, it is played less often because fewer hours are enough and it gets built.

In the statics, other factors have to be taken into account such as mastery rank range, region, hours played per week and mission type and many others.
This is the only way to represent the real image.

Because in the relic ext/cap missions, most of the games I only see wisp/volt/titania. they are at the top of the list. But according to such strange statistics, Wukung should be in almost every game...