Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duviri - Player should be able to toggle intrinsic effects they've unlocked

Hexerin

I'll use an example that specifically applies to myself (and theoretically a minority of others) to show what I mean:

I want to disable Drifter intrinsic Opportunity rank 10, which is the one that enables Stalker to show up in your selection of frames. I have no interest in Stalker, I will never have any interest in Stalker, and thus him being able to take a frame slot has a purely negative impact on my gameplay. Him showing up effectively removes one of the limited frame slots I have access to for that spiral, leaving me with only 4 of the 5 choices I should have.

As things currently stand, I will simply never unlock that intrinsic, which means I will never be able to obtain the MR from it. That feels terrible, because no matter what I do I'm being punished. I either lose out on account progression, or I get screwed over in gameplay. There's no winning for the player here.

• Like 5

Yes please. Or preferably switch it out for something else if we don’t need or want an effect, similar to how the mod system already works (though it doesn’t need to be so in-depth)

I like or don’t mind the intrinsics that provide mechanical systems to play around with that require input on the player’s behalf to trigger (like headshot effects), but Intrinsics that just boost our stats reminds me too strongly of linear games that force us out of the sweet spot for a good fight just while we play. Others can choose those intrinsics, but I’d gladly take something else any day, even something like Peculiar Intrinsics that makes enemies grow flowers or explode in excess gore or whatever.

edit: alternatively, I’d take Dragon Keys being able to apply their effects

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

On 2023-11-22 at 11:06 PM, Hexerin said:

I'll use an example that specifically applies to myself (and theoretically a minority of others) to show what I mean:

I want to disable Drifter intrinsic Opportunity rank 10, which is the one that enables Stalker to show up in your selection of frames. I have no interest in Stalker, I will never have any interest in Stalker, and thus him being able to take a frame slot has a purely negative impact on my gameplay. Him showing up effectively removes one of the limited frame slots I have access to for that spiral, leaving me with only 4 of the 5 choices I should have.

As things currently stand, I will simply never unlock that intrinsic, which means I will never be able to obtain the MR from it. That feels terrible, because no matter what I do I'm being punished. I either lose out on account progression, or I get screwed over in gameplay. There's no winning for the player here.

you have never payed and never will pay stalker

but how do u know u wont like it?

you invested in every other frame in the game

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

you have never payed and never will pay stalker

but how do u know u wont like it?

you invested in every other frame in the game

How do I know I won't like him? Easy. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stalker_(Playable)

Spoiler: He has one of the worst kits in the game (boring and bad), and his mod loadout (which you can't change) is absolute garbage.

Plus, I just dislike Stalker as a character. He's what a 5 year old thinks is "cool", but to an adult like me he's just cringe and annoying.

Unlikely. Should not have ranked it up, just like Gunnery rank 10 in RJ.

4 hours ago, Hexerin said:

How do I know I won't like him? Easy. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stalker_(Playable)

Basically 3 + 1 spam for me. He is ok and pretty durable for a weapon frame especially if you do Lone Story solo. In Circuit it get pretty funny when you overdamage Saryns and Mesas with 3+1 spam (yes, they are bad players with bad builds, but still).

Edited by Zakkhar

15 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

like Gunnery rank 10 in RJ.

Not comparable. Gunnery rank 10 is conditional, so you can technically toggle it off by simply not going into aim mode. I also see no downside to having access to it, makes aiming at wiggly enemies a whole helluva lot less tedious.

Once you unlock Opportunity rank 10, you're just SOL forever, and there's literally nothing you can do about it.

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2023 at 3:27 PM, (NSW)Greybones said:

Yes please. Or preferably switch it out for something else if we don’t need or want an effect, similar to how the mod system already works (though it doesn’t need to be so in-depth)

I like or don’t mind the intrinsics that provide mechanical systems to play around with that require input on the player’s behalf to trigger (like headshot effects), but Intrinsics that just boost our stats reminds me too strongly of linear games that force us out of the sweet spot for a good fight just while we play. Others can choose those intrinsics, but I’d gladly take something else any day, even something like Peculiar Intrinsics that makes enemies grow flowers or explode in excess gore or whatever.

edit: alternatively, I’d take Dragon Keys being able to apply their effects

Bumping as alternative account since my PC and Switch accounts got merged. I love Duviri, but I’m not a fan of how progressing through intrinsics forced me to outscale the fights beyond what the Decrees do and they became more tedious than engaging, and I’ve still got plenty of fighting to do. I haven’t used one of those healing rocks since the introduction and I’d gladly undo my own progress to re-introduce the fight without touching the help that others need (though obviously would prefer alternatives instead)

Edited by Merkranire