The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Misleading promo

LittleLeoniePrime

3 minutes ago, Shocktrooper666 said:

Came to the forums, when I noticed it.

It's still a great help for new players, like me, but I look towards a built forma.

yea... especially since you could buy the catalyst from nightwave unlike forma :/

I feel like just swip-swapping this out silently is a bit nasty on DEs part..

I kinda feel like something is badly amiss with the recent internal organization of DE... Like, several mistakes in a row that feel like newbie-intern level, and not of actions of an established company...

• We have this very post, in which a Forma was a announced as a reward. And behold, a catalyst. (I'm not complaining, either is nice for me)
  • We had recently the dissonance between what DE announced, and what they ended up doing last minute, with the implementation of the added recurring weekly Nightwave challenges.
  • And another one that might be around the corner, but for now it's pure conjecture on my part. DE's latest post on WITW:
    • "Beginning December, the first wave of Tenno {Founders} will be able to carry their Warframe progress across multiple different platforms! (...) The first wave of Tenno will gain access alongside the Whispers in the Walls update. After which access will continue to roll out in phases."
    • Could be dead wrong (and hope to), and DE did not guarantee anything, but the kinda specific wording makes me feel like despite DE themselves commenting on the latest Devstream's twich comments that the plan was still to bring everyone onboard in 2023, it might not be the intended plan anymore, as what I read in the statement above is "Founders with WITW, others after holiday break, in January". 

So, these last few weeks feel kinda iffy... And now I catch myself untrusting of any DE-made statements, since apparently these days it's trendy to announce something, for sure or not, and end up with an entirely different result.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

I kinda feel like something is badly amiss with the recent internal organization of DE... Like, several mistakes in a row that feel like newbie-intern level, and not of actions of an established company...

• We have this very post, in which a Forma was a announced as a reward. And behold, a catalyst. (I'm not complaining, either is nice for me)
  • We had recently the dissonance between what DE announced, and what they ended up doing last minute, with the implementation of the added recurring weekly Nightwave challenges.
  • And another one that might be around the corner, but for now it's pure conjecture on my part. DE's latest post on WITW:
    • "Beginning December, the first wave of Tenno {Founders} will be able to carry their Warframe progress across multiple different platforms! (...) The first wave of Tenno will gain access alongside the Whispers in the Walls update. After which access will continue to roll out in phases."
    • Could be dead wrong (and hope to), and DE did not guarantee anything, but the kinda specific wording makes me feel like despite DE themselves commenting on the latest Devstream's twich comments that the plan was still to bring everyone onboard in 2023, it might not be the intended plan anymore, as what I read in the statement above is "Founders with WITW, others after holiday break, in January". 

So, these last few weeks feel kinda iffy... And now I catch myself untrusting of any DE-made statements, since apparently these days it's trendy to announce something, for sure or not, and end up with an entirely different result.

It has always been pretty sloppy in this department over the years. I think it's more noticeable these days because of the frequency of occurrence. You're definitely making a good point though. I've always been someone who admires and enjoys this game, but is very concerned with documenting these issues so that the game can improve over time. Unfortunately, many of these communication blunders feel repetitive in nature. Like how many times has Nightwave had issues with challenges now? How long did it take to fix boosters in Duviri? Some of this stuff is crazy for a game this old.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

To be fair, DE is doing a MASSIVE content drop, hell might be the biggest warframe ever got with the amount of stuff coming and mere weeks before Xmas, putting a lot of pressure on them, so can't blame em.

But you are correct, I have noticed this as of late

• Like 1

I don't think we should be conjuring up a mistake like this as some sort of nefarious intention or an "always does this" type of thing. The reward type stated for an event that does not match what was stated is not a common thing. It's still a mistake, and people will either blow it up to nuclear levels or say it's trivial as usual, but I don't think this is even remotely enough to form some sort of a trend.

The other factor to consider is DE always states that elements are subject to change as an update gets closer. The devs are famous for working on stuff all the way up to the last second. IMO, they work too hard and should go to an every four months for mainline updates schedule, instead of always aiming for quarterly, but that's because I've experienced tight work deadline overload way too many times and think it's a crime.