Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you need a PC account to merge AKA move to PC?

(XBOX)Architect Prime

4 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Yes.  You need a PC account, but you don't really need to do anything with it regarding gameplay.  It's mostly just so you have a login to associate with.  Heck, you don't even need to download Warframe prior to your linking.

More information here:

The info there doesn't seem clear on what exactly I need to do, only explains how it works mechanically. 

If you have progress on multiple platforms. You want to merge your accounts, with the account that has the most progress on it chosen as the primary account, regardless of what platform it's on.

If you don't have an existing account on the platform you want to play on, or it was created too recently to be eligible for merge, then you just make a new account on that platform (or take the new one you already have), and Link the accounts together. With the account that has all your stuff and progress on it selected as the primary account, not the new account. When linking instead of merging, the data of the primary account will entirely override the linked account.

8 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

If you have progress on multiple platforms. You want to merge your accounts, with the account that has the most progress on it chosen as the primary account, regardless of what platform it's on.

If you don't have an existing account on the platform you want to play on, or it was created too recently to be eligible for merge, then you just make a new account on that platform (or take the new one you already have), and Link the accounts together. With the account that has all your stuff and progress on it selected as the primary account, not the new account. When linking instead of merging, the data of the primary account will entirely override the linked account.

If I'm merging, shouldn't I select the account that's on PC as the primary so that everything copies over to that platform? 

as i have done it recently i can understand its not clear

step 1 have pc and whatever other platform accounts 

step 2 sign in as PC and go to account management, select link account

after signing in as other account you will be asked to select a primary  

NOTE: if both accounts are from prior to NOV 24 2023 you can merg them and gain both the inventorys/plat/ect 

any later accounts will not qualify for this to my understanding 

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

If I'm merging, shouldn't I select the account that's on PC as the primary so that everything copies over to that platform? 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

as i have done it recently i can understand its not clear

step 1 have pc and whatever other platform accounts 

step 2 sign in as PC and go to account management, select link account

after signing in as other account you will be asked to select a primary  

NOTE: if both accounts are from prior to NOV 24 2023 you can merg them and gain both the inventorys/plat/ect 

any later accounts will not qualify for this to my understanding 

Which account should be the primary? PC right, since that's the platform I'll be playing on? I mean they will combine, so I just select the one on the platform I want to be on, right? 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

Which account should be the primary? PC right, since that's the platform I'll be playing on? I mean they will combine, so I just select the one on the platform I want to be on, right? 

well no matter whats your pick you will be playing on pc

it depends on how far you are in the story , thats the primary ones purpose, aka do you want to start over or play with what you currently have 

if all accounts are new then it doesnt matter the save effect applies to everything except cosmetics when jumping platfiorms after crosssave 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

well no matter whats your pick you will be playing on pc

it depends on how far you are in the story , thats the primary ones purpose, aka do you want to start over or play with what you currently have 

if all accounts are new then it doesnt matter the save effect applies to everything except cosmetics when jumping platfiorms after crosssave 

It's an account with like 4k hours since 2014, so yeah, you could say I've done the story. So I want all that progress to be on PC. I want PC to be the MAIN account with all my progress tranfered there from XBox. 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

It's an account with like 4k hours since 2014, so yeah, you could say I've done the story. So I want all that progress to be on PC. I want PC to be the MAIN account with all my progress tranfered there from XBox. 

ok your not getting this 

which ever account has the 4k hours YOU will WANT to be the MAIN

they will sync and OVERWRITE the other account aka the PC 

if pc is NEW and selected it will NUKE /erase the 4k hours one 

for myself i selected XBOX main and  merged so all my stuff is now on PC as my XBOX account 

image.png?ex=6594df0b&is=65826a0b&hm=b40

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

ok your not getting this 

which ever account has the 4k hours YOU will WANT to be the MAIN

they will sync and OVERWRITE the other account aka the PC 

if pc is NEW and selected it will NUKE /erase the 4k hours one 

for myself i selected XBOX main and  merged so all my stuff is now on PC as my XBOX account 

image.png?ex=6594df0b&is=65826a0b&hm=b40

So the primary account isn't the "account that I want to be the main one" and is actually a question of which account is CURRENTLY the main account before merging? Then at what point does everything copy via merge into the the PC account? 

Edited by (XBOX)Architect Prime

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

So the primary account isn't the "account that I want to be the main one" and is actually a question of which account is CURRENTLY the main account before merging? Then at what point does everything copy via merge into the the PC account? 

the primary is copied TO all accounts 

so if your an xbox player with 4k + hours 

make xbox main so it overwrites the PC so pc is playable with all the xbox stuff 

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

That sounds more like linking tho. Or does merging make a duplicate account?

what???? your  not comprehending this , i even posted the image above from merging i did day off

they DUPLICATE It regardless , this  whole linking is duplicating content across multiple accounts on MULTIPLE platforms , aka youd need an account from all platforms to play everywhere 

if your accounts are both before nov 24 the inventories MERG  , if not the primary one is copied over the new one

the quest playthrough, MR RANK ect is ONLY from the primary, inventory is shared when  merged 

aka merging merges inventory NOT the other stuff , you HAVE to pick the older one unless you want all your stuff NUKED 

Spoiler

GBw9LJMaMAAH3Lo?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)EternalDrk Mako said:

what???? your  not comprehending this , i even posted the image above from merging i did day off

they DUPLICATE It regardless , this  whole linking is duplicating content across multiple accounts on MULTIPLE platforms , aka youd need an account from all platforms to play everywhere 

if your accounts are both before nov 24 the inventories MERG  , if not the primary one is copied over the new one

the quest playthrough, MR RANK ect is ONLY from the primary, inventory is shared when  merged 

aka merging merges inventory NOT the other stuff , you HAVE to pick the older one unless you want all your stuff NUKED 

Reveal hidden contents

GBw9LJMaMAAH3Lo?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I get it now. It was explained better in the actual linking/merging menu than in the faq. My other question is if both accounts have to exist before to the cutoff date or just one? 

think of Primary like quest progression and MR rank, mail, focus, intrinsic etc. After you pick a primary for your focus/quest/intrinsics you decide Link or Merge.

Link where it just makes that primary your cross save account keeping the progression and inventory of that account on all platforms from now on. In your case Xbox is now Cross save progession/inventory of xbox. and useable on all platforms if you link. 

Merging is mainly so you Keep your Xbox progression(quest/focus/intrinsics) and combine all your inventories thru all platforms. IF you play on multiple account before the cutoff dates for accounts and ALSO did not ever merge your older accounts to other platforms 

edit: Both still will make it cross save. the cross saving is just to decide What progression is kept and if you combining or delete inventories on platforms. 

There are limitations on merging because they do not want for example a MR 25 account on PC that migrated to Switch and copied all the slots/data to switch to have both PC MR 25 and Switch MR 25 combine to have free slots, free plat, free cashshop items out  the wazoo etc.

My Experience thru linking is I just kept everything from my Xbox and I can play on PC and xbox cause they are linked/connected now. I made a new PC account on Dec19 2023 because the FAQ wording made it sound like you need a PC account to even connect so I made a new PC account just 2 days ago I never logged onto that PC account ingame at all. This morning I got in before the Temp paused the link/merge and all I did was  clicked was  Drop menu top right>Connect/Link my account >Connect account>Enter Email/Password of PC account> Login my PC account when crosssave page redirected me to sign up/login pc > Done

edit 2: I forgot to mention there is nuance to this ofc with MR rank being part of your inventory and all but that pretty much only applies to merging from what I seen and pretty much when you combine it just gives you the MR of weapons that were missing from that primary account. Like if you did Braton Vandal on PC but not  Xbox your new Xbox primary cross save account on PC would just gain the missing MR once the account inventories combine after the merge.

Edited by DexXean
more context.
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, DexXean said:

think of Primary like quest progression and MR rank, mail, focus, intrinsic etc. After you pick a primary for your focus/quest/intrinsics you decide Link or Merge.

Link where it just makes that primary your cross save account keeping the progression and inventory of that account on all platforms from now on. In your case Xbox is now Cross save progession/inventory of xbox. and useable on all platforms if you link. 

Merging is mainly so you Keep your Xbox progression(quest/focus/intrinsics) and combine all your inventories thru all platforms. IF you play on multiple account before the cutoff dates for accounts and ALSO did not ever merge your older accounts to other platforms 

Here's to hoping that my very brief moments with warframe on PC from 2014 count as a PC account, even though it used my Xbone account as the new account. 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

No. Cus you're not moving platforms. You're enabling cross save to be able to play with the same account on all of them.

Merging accounts, merges the inventories of both together. But not the progress. Only the primary account keeps progression related data. Stuff like Star chart completion, intrinsics, quest completion, exct. Once the merge is complete you'll be able to play on the resulting merged account on both platforms with all future progression and items shared between them. So you want the primary account to be whichever one you have the most progress on.

Linking completely over-wrights the data of the linked account with that of the primary account's. This option is for players that didn't have a pre existing account on one of the platforms they want to cross-save between before the eligibility date for merging.

The platform you want to play on should not be a consideration for what you set your primary account as.