Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a reason Drifters can’t use the same weaponry our railjack crew can use.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

• (XBOX)YoungGunn82 changed the title to Is there a reason Drifters can’t use the same weaponry our railjack crew can use.
4 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Is the idea to turn Drifter into another Warframe…?

That doesn’t pass the sniff test at all though. Warframes can wipe entire levels. The best weapons can’t. Plus, drifters are severely limited to mobility. So I don’t buy that excuse. Do you? 

Edited by (XBOX)YoungGunn82
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

is if railjack crews can use them, so why not our drifters.

because then what would be the point of the warframe? Drifter has excellent mobility with Void Sling, invisibility AND invincibility, powers of their own.. plus if only Drifter could do this, what about the people who still prefer to use the Operator?

sorry man, but I'd like Warframe to be more about the Warframes. 

• Like 1

tbh I don't quite get the reasoning behind that with the comparison to crew mates. tenno are 'void-infested entities' which have a primary weapon that is the 'AMP'.  the amp is required for specific content so one slot has to be occupied regardless. melee-ing reverses you back into your warframe so that slot is taken as well. I think on one hand it's a technical limitation since (because of the amp and void powers) the drifter's loadout probably is coded very differently but also on the other hand it doesn't quite make sense. if your warframe already has  the weapons, why duplicate them with the drifter? and being able to select an additional loadout of 3 other weapons would be unnecessary imo as well.

but to sum it up: I'm assuming it's because the drifter takes over the role of the 'amp-owner' which overwrites the whole weapon-selection thing. and you probably cannot have both simultaniously on the drifter because of technical limitations - that would be my semi-educated best guess I think

4 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

because then what would be the point of the warframe? Drifter has excellent mobility with Void Sling, invisibility AND invincibility, powers of their own.. plus if only Drifter could do this, what about the people who still prefer to use the Operator?

sorry man, but I'd like Warframe to be more about the Warframes. 

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

That doesn’t pass the sniff test at all though. Warframes can wipe entire levels. The best weapons can’t. Plus, drifters are severely limited to mobility. So I don’t buy that excuse. Do you? 

Operators are kids so I get that’s why they can’t use weapons. 

3 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

I can think of several that can.

Which single primary or secondary weapon can wipe levels with drifter mobility? 

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Do you? 

I’m not sure why they haven’t made it possible; it never occurred to me to want it, and I don’t know what it would do for me if my Operator form was not like the Operator, which I switch to the form already because of the things the Operator brings to the table

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Which weapons can wipe levels with drifter mobility? 

Pretty much all beam/aoe weapons. It would probably be slower than a warframe without decrees but it would still be capable of killing large numbers of enemies quickly.

6 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

Pretty much all beam/aoe weapons. It would probably be slower than a warframe without decrees but it would still be capable of killing large numbers of enemies quickly.

I mean ok? Isn’t that’s what the game is all about.  I mean, aren’t tiles sets getting wiped anyway.  That said, I’d challenge that a drifter with beam or AoE weapons can wipe tiles sets like war frames can. 

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m not sure why they haven’t made it possible; it never occurred to me to want it, and I don’t know what it would do for me if my Operator form was not like the Operator, which I switch to the form already because of the things the Operator brings to the table

I mean being able to pop out with either a primary or secondary bang bang bang pop back into your warframe could create some really fun synergies. 

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

So it’s to turn the Drifter into…?

? Let them use a primary OR secondary weapons like just like your railjack crew can. 

I really don’t get the correlation of your drifter turning into your warframe because they can use either a primary or secondary weapon. 

18 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

because then what would be the point of the warframe?

I really don’t get the correlation of your drifter turning into your warframe because they can use either a primary or secondary weapon. It just doesn’t pass the sniff test for me and my dude. 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

I mean being able to pop out with either a primary or secondary bang bang bang pop back into your warframe could create some really fun synergies. 

I’m wondering what kind of synergies you have in mind that exceed what our current three weapons, Warframe, and Operator enable; I expect most players are just going to be blowing everything away anyways with no room for more fiddly synergy considerations.

I’m kind of reminded of someone who wanted the gear wheel to access our arsenal so we could choose whatever weapons mid-mission instead of being locked into and making do with what we brought

vor 14 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)YoungGunn82:

Just primary or secondary… like railjack crews. I don’t see the issue honestly. 

maybe they'll do that one day since a lot of people were asking for this - and it would also validate the very first duviri trailer in which we saw a drifter using a tigris :D

as long as the amp occupies one slot it should work for sure but who knows, warframe is know for it's spaghetti coding I guess. it would be somewhat cool for sure but I still would say that it's not really a necessary feature (which potentially could change in the future anyways)

It's a game balance thing.

Warframes are the things to wield the silly weapons, parkour all over the place, wipe levels. People complain enough already about Quests and things focusing on the Operator/Drifter instead of Warframes, they complained plenty when it was about things like Archwings, or Necramechs, too.

Operators/Drifters are the void kids that pilot everything, they have the weird powers that tie it all together and are supposed to only situationally fight.

Duviri, for example, is a clear exception because it's a dream world created by the Drifter themselves as a way to cope with the Void. Of course they're the main character and can instantly use swords, spears and hammers like a trained professional, of course they can summon a Kaithe out of nowhere and ride it like they've been doing it for years, of course they can commune with every animal and heal the sick ones. They're the literal only character in Duviri besides Teshin that's real. Oh, and our gun there already makes us more powerful than the enemies, even in Steel Path.

So.

Point is that the only reason that the Drifter can't use weapons is because DE thinks that they shouldn't. They have Amps, which can already be super powerful, and have utility powers that make every frame better when used correctly.

And because half the player base moans and drivels like a down-spout in the rain about wanting to play Warframe as a Warframe instead of as anything else.