Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

12/21/2023 Cross Platform Save: Live For Everyone (Stress Test) TEMPORARILY PAUSED

first of all congrats on the hard work Warframe and DE staff. keep up the epic work, so happy to see cross-save an merge working for some people, only really bummed out by one issue that not making sense to me,

i was so happy when friend told me cross safe test was live and there was save merge, then turns out i cant as of making a copy of my account on the nintendo switch version of warframe when trying it out years ago, due to the rule Only accounts created before November 24 at 2 p.m. ET, which did not previously undergo a PC-to-console account migration, will be eligible to Merge.

not sure of the reason's for this but was quite sad that i Can not use my Hunter Founder Pc Main Account to merge my PSN Sub account that had 6 years worth of play time and was going to be so happy to have all my gear i worked on my sub when i had no gaming pc to my main PC account only for this one silly thing to ruin it,,,,

it silly/funny how one small action for lil to no reason, came back to bite me years later, my luck sucks.. 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TheMadCash said:

I think the way DE worded it has gotten ppl confused. If you wanted to merge, with pc included. The pc date of when the account was created has to be no older than 24th of last month (November). However, you can still link your pc account to proceed with having crossplay on every platform if you choose to link every platform. This only applies if you been playing on both pc & console. If you have no content on 1 of the platforms. Then there’s no reason to merge. Also idk if you were even allowed to do 2 merges. I didn’t read anyone doing this that suggest you could. 

Not really. It states in the FAQ that you HAVE to make a PC account in order to use the Cross-Platform Save feature, even if you don't play on PC. From there you could link or merge how many accounts you wanted (one each platform)

"CONNECTING ACCOUNTS FOR CROSS PLATFORM SAVE

You can check if your Account is included in the latest phase and is ready for Cross Platform Save by going to the Account Management page on warframe.com

What do I need to do before connecting my Warframe accounts?
You must first have or create a PC Warframe account. From there, you will be able to Link or Merge one account at a time to that PC account, turning it into a Cross Platform Save Account. Additional platforms can then be Linked or Merged to this Cross Platform Save Account, one platform at a time until all desired accounts are connected.

While a PC account is a necessary component in creating a Cross Platform Save Account, you do not need to download or play Warframe on PC in order to use your Cross Platform Save Account.

How many accounts can I connect?
You can Link or Merge one account from each platform into your Cross Platform Save Account from Account Management. You can access your Cross Platform Save Account on any platform. This will include PC, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch at launch. The iOS and Android versions of Warframe will also be compatible upon their release.

A confirmation popup message will confirm your accounts have been successfully Merged or Linked. You will also be able to see your Cross Platform Save Account status in your Account Management page."

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XBOX)Toxsic:

Something that I noticed while watching his video is that it asked him to log into Warframe on his Switch. I seriously hope that's just a thing for Switch only. I need to merge my Xbox & PC accounts and i haven't had an xbox in a few years since i moved over to PC. If I have to login on an actual console, i guess i'm screwed because i'm not going to buy a console just for that and i don't know anyone i could borrow a console from.

you don't need to log in onto warframe on your switch, that's nonsense. you can log into your switch account on a PC just fine. I had the opportunity to at least see the process earlier (unfortunately couldnt finish it cause of a clan situation lmao) but you can also log into your console accounts on your PC - so no actual 'console-browser action' is needed, luckily 

• Like 1

I used to play on switch, i sold my switch cs i was too busy to mess with it. Ive been waiting for cross save to be able to play my switch account on my pc. i dont own a switch anymore but do i need to log in warframe on a nintendo switch before i can merge it and make it as my main account? please help

1 minute ago, Diogoudard said:

Not really. It states in the FAQ that you HAVE to make a PC account in order to use the Cross-Platform Save feature, even if you don't play on PC. From there you could link or merge how many accounts you wanted (one each platform)

Ahh I see. Thanks for clearing that up. If that’s the case then I can definitely see a problem or 2 arising if you planed on doing more than 1 merge.

il y a 36 minutes, (NSW)boosukena a dit :

Which youtube video did you watch that shows the merge process if you don't mind?

Seriously, you don't need a damn video to explain it to you.

Step 1: You log into whatever account is eligible to link/merge and click link accounts.

Step 2: Now you log into the accounts you want to link/merge (without logging out, there's a login button on the page you get sent to) and connect them.

Step 3: All your accounts are logged into and you select the one you want to keep the MR/Quest/Focus/etc (it will now be highlighted in green) and tick the last confirmation... IF you're eligible to merge then they will merge automatically.

And you're done.

Edited by Taynted
  • Like 2

Just now, (XBOX)TheMadCash said:

Ahh I see. Thanks for clearing that up. If that’s the case then I can definitely see a problem or 2 arising if you planed on doing more than 1 merge.

My guess is that this is the big issue they're trying to solve right now. I had to make the new PC account, set my PSN account as primary, but it won't let me merge my Switch account 'cause it says the PC account is the Primary (even though it isn't) and "too new". Megan said they are working on it apparently.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Taynted:

Seriously, you don't need a damn video to explain it to you - nor does anyone else.

Step 1: You log into whatever account is eligible to link/merge and click link accounts.

Step 2: Now you log into the accounts you want to link/merge (without logging out, there's a login button on the page you get sent to) and connect them.

Step 3: All your accounts are logged into and you select the one you want to keep the MR/Quest/Focus/etc (it will now be highlighted in green) and tick the last confirmation... IF you're eligible to merge then they will merge automatically.

And you're done.

amen 🙏 don't support all those clickbaiters that barely have any clue themselves about this game, when you get to the process it's pretty straightforward and thoroughly explained XD

2 minutes ago, Taynted said:

Seriously, you don't need a damn video to explain it to you - nor does anyone else.

And you're done.

Damn I just wanted to see what it looks like when you merge chill out💀

• Like 4

1 hour ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

which technically is unfair for those who committed to several consoles but never to pc since they have nothing to do with no migration situation at all

Not sure how that's unfair exactly. They released information on what the process was going to need first and foremost pretty early I'm pretty sure. Dev streams exist

à l’instant, (NSW)boosukena a dit :

"Chill out"? I'm perfectly chill, in fact, I'm so chill that I managed to read the page without freaking out and got done with my merge 2 days ago... without any issues whatsoever.

All these people who manage to mess up their cross save either can't, or won't, read what's written. As long as you actually READ what is written there will be zero confusion and errors (client side).

7 minutes ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

you don't need to log in onto warframe on your switch, that's nonsense. you can log into your switch account on a PC just fine. I had the opportunity to at least see the process earlier (unfortunately couldnt finish it cause of a clan situation lmao) but you can also log into your console accounts on your PC - so no actual 'console-browser action' is needed, luckily 

well that's how i figured it should work, but in his video, it clearly asked him to log in on his switch, so i just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a hard requirement to log in on the console itself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Taynted said:

And you're done.

I get the frustration. But just remember not everyone learns the same. A lot of people are visual learners and need to see it to be able to process it better

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, (NSW)boosukena said:

I mean. You need to see the words “congratulations. All accounts linked”? I kinda agree with the others tho. Warframe content creators are making videos just doing nothing but reading & are getting views when it’s kinda ridiculous. You aren’t being told literally nothing new. 

Edited by (XBOX)TheMadCash
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Taynted said:

"Chill out"? I'm perfectly chill, in fact, I'm so chill that I managed to read the page without freaking out and got done with my merge 2 days ago... without any issues whatsoever.

All these people who manage to mess up their cross save either can't, or won't, read what's written. As long as you actually READ what is written there will be zero confusion and errors (client side).

Okay buddy

Sue me for being curious. Hope your day gets better

1 minute ago, (XBOX)My Wii Died said:

I get the frustration. But just remember not everyone learns the same. A lot of people are visual learners and need to see it to be able to process it better

Exactly my case. I'm very visual so seeing the process will make me more certain that I'm doing it right

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (XBOX)My Wii Died said:

I myself learn by doing. That plus my autism means I definitely agree with everyone learns differently 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

I can confirm this all I had to do when merging all of my accounts Tuesday was remember my Nintendo login info (thank the gods for password books)

2 minutes ago, Taynted said:

Prime Access purchaser? lol

Gerade eben schrieb covan12:

Not sure how that's unfair exactly. They released information on what the process was going to need first and foremost pretty early I'm pretty sure. Dev streams exist

I was just referring to the fact that, according to feedback on the forums, if you played on one console, and created another account on another console (without ever playing on PC though), you apparently cannot merge those together because the whole process is forced to contain a PC account first (which doesn't allow merging when it's created after the 24th of November which, mind you, is the exact devstream that mentioned all of this for the very first time - they explicitely said that the starting date was right before the devstream started. 

luckily I started first on PC a decade ago and completely started over on Playstation and switch without ever migrating, so I'm not even part of this unfortunate potential issue. I was just having some empathy with those that, (in my opinion) are treated a little unfairly because I can understand a merge-ban if an account migration is present. in this mentioned scenario though, no account ever migrated to anywhere.

I hope that answers 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Diogoudard said:

My guess is that this is the big issue they're trying to solve right now. I had to make the new PC account, set my PSN account as primary, but it won't let me merge my Switch account 'cause it says the PC account is the Primary (even though it isn't) and "too new". Megan said they are working on it apparently.

Ahh then I’m guessing the next fix will be as soon as tomorrow. I should be more patient. This game is one of my main games I play, I would be sick if something broke during this lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

I was just referring to the fact that, according to feedback on the forums, if you played on one console, and created another account on another console (without ever playing on PC though), you apparently cannot merge those together because the whole process is forced to contain a PC account first (which doesn't allow merging when it's created after the 24th of November which, mind you, is the exact devstream that mentioned all of this for the very first time - they explicitely said that the starting date was right before the devstream started. 

luckily I started first on PC a decade ago and completely started over on Playstation and switch without ever migrating, so I'm not even part of this unfortunate potential issue. I was just having some empathy with those that, (in my opinion) are treated a little unfairly because I can understand a merge-ban if an account migration is present. in this mentioned scenario though, no account ever migrated to anywhere.

I hope that answers 

Ah someone else who started on PC as well. That explains a good deal yes, you were wise to not migrate the account

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheMadCash said:

Ahh then I’m guessing the next fix will be as soon as tomorrow. I should be more patient. This game is one of my main games I play, I would be sick if something broke during this lol

Agreed, Tommorow will be the Full Released PAUSED (Til December 26)