Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

12/21/2023 Cross Platform Save: Live For Everyone (Stress Test) TEMPORARILY PAUSED

1 minute ago, (NSW)NemesisSunde said:

They're the ones who put themselves in this situation. The community didnt say release it before the end of the year. 

It's quite obvious their testing needs work, updates regularly have a metric ton of bugs and need 1-3 day 1 hotfixes. It isnt a disservice to say they need to work on their testing or *do more*. Idk maybe start opening the test server to players to help mitigate day 1 issues like how many big name MMOs do. 

I feel like the ultimate test of community goodwill is if they don't have this fixed before tomorrow, and then take their week+ break... If they can get it fixed tomorrow, fine. They kept their promise. Doesn't change that they made a lot of mistakes, though.

11 minutes ago, (NSW)NemesisSunde said:

They're the ones who put themselves in this situation. The community didnt say release it before the end of the year. 

It's quite obvious their testing needs work, updates regularly have a metric ton of bugs and need 1-3 day 1 hotfixes. It isnt a disservice to say they need to work on their testing or *do more*. Idk maybe start opening the test server to players to help mitigate day 1 issues like how many big name MMOs do. 

Edit: It also wouldnt kill them to talk to us more and let us know what is going on. Is the current plan to try again tomorrow? Is it still on for today? Who knows?

This is the problem I have with it. If we have to wait that’s fine but tell us that. I haven’t even bothered doing anything in the game besides a handful of event runs because I’m waiting to get my PS and Xbox inventories. It felt so disappointing to get up and see that I missed the window because there was no communication on there being a stress test. And now we have no idea if they’re going to do another test today, tomorrow, was it too much and we’ll be waiting til next year? We don’t know because they aren’t communicating anything until they do it. I get that testing takes a long time, but it’s been going on 6 hours and not a single word about anything. I don’t understand why people are acting like they’re being the pinnacle of communication in this situation. They’re not. Their communication has been awful. 

• Like 5

Just now, -Executor- said:

I feel like the ultimate test of community goodwill is if they don't have this fixed before tomorrow, and then take their week+ break... If they can get it fixed tomorrow, fine. They kept their promise. Doesn't change that they made a lot of mistakes, though.

I feel like if they don't get this figured out by tomorrow, maybe they'll see if they can get the devs to come in between Christmas and New Years to continue the rollout, so as to keep the promise Reb made.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Blueghast9 said:

I feel like if they don't get this figured out by tomorrow, maybe they'll see if they can get the devs to come in between Christmas and New Years to continue the rollout, so as to keep the promise Reb made.

i would not be shocked if a few devs on the rollout team put in the extra time, but as this is a video game, and a free one at that, i would not expect it of them. they are entitled to their holiday break as much as the next person, poor planning or not.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ace D Firefist said:

i would not be shocked if a few devs on the rollout team put in the extra time, but as this is a video game, and a free one at that, i would not expect it of them. they are entitled to their holiday break as much as the next person, poor planning or not.

Oh, I agree they deserve a Holiday too, but I'm saying that I wouldn't be shocked either, especially as a sort of gesture of good faith for how horribly the rollout has gone.

• Like 3

Just now, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

my complaints are not the delays or issues with cross save itself, ts that they did it during a clan event that has restricted players joining a clan

Yeah, I think I mentioned that in one of the earlier forums, that they should've held off on Gargoyle's Cry until after Cross-save was finished, or hold off on Cross-save until after Gargoyle's Cry was finished.

Just now, (PSN)Blueghast9 said:

Yeah, I think I mentioned that in one of the earlier forums, that they should've held off on Gargoyle's Cry until after Cross-save was finished, or hold off on Cross-save until after Gargoyle's Cry was finished.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

my complaints are not the delays or issues with cross save itself, ts that they did it during a clan event that has restricted players joining a clan

and that they did the clan event when people arnt even going to be on do to holidays with their families

wait how did they restrict clans? can cross save accounts not join a clan?

6 hours ago, (PSN)Wulfy-The-Wulf said:

So I did my link and now I can't merge my other accounts because the pc account that I needed is new and doesn't apply for merging? I'm so sad... 

You can still do it as long as your other accounts was made before Nov. 24. You will have to wait to merge them since it is paused right now. 

il y a 13 minutes, (PSN)Blueghast9 a dit :

Oh, I agree they deserve a Holiday too, but I'm saying that I wouldn't be shocked either, especially as a sort of gesture of good faith for how horribly the rollout has gone.

I don't think the rollout is going horribly, they take precautions to be able to enjoy their holidays.

All of those complaining should remind that it's only a game, the long awaited feature is more near than ever and it will be pretty cool to use it.

Thanks DE, keep on your good job 👍

• Like 4

• [DE]Megan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic