Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

12/21/2023 Cross Platform Save: Dec 22 Stress Test Window for ALL

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Ace D Firefist said:

read the faq

"Q: Are there any restricted Items that will not be combined during the One-Time Account Merge? Yes. Restrictions include Platinum purchased on Nintendo Switch, platform exclusive skins that will not be available on PlayStation, TennoGen purchased after November 24 at 2 p.m. ET and certain PC exclusives...."

"Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime will be locked to PC."  

My question was, again, with certain items being exclusive and locked to PC, if i merge my pc and playstation account with my playstation as the primary,  Does that mean those items would be lost, or that will I only see them when I login to my PC account?

Is it in stasis while on ps  but show up in PC?

hace 58 minutos, [DE]Megan dijo:

Tenno, 

We bring you an update on Cross Platform Save! After weighing the realistic options with less than two working days left in the year, we have come to the following plan for Cross Platform Save:

1. Tomorrow, December 22nd, 2023, we will open the Cross Platform Save gates to ALL Tenno from 8 am ET to 5 pm ET, providing the team with a full working day to monitor. If major issues arise, we may need to close the gates earlier.

2. After 5 pm ET on December 22nd, the Cross Platform Save gates will remain closed until the team returns in January.

We recognize that some Tenno may have to wait to experience Cross Platform Save until 2024, and for that, we apologize. In full transparency, we cannot risk the game's and database's stability over the holiday break by leaving Cross Platform Save enabled for all. The database surges we already see are manageable, but we do not want to risk the unknown of leaving it enabled while no hands are around for immediate emergencies. 

We'll be back tomorrow to update you on our Socials, Forums, and in-game Red Text when the Cross Platform Save window opens.

❤️

At some point my Xbox account created after November 24 at 2 p.m ET be merged with my PC account?

58 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno, 

We bring you an update on Cross Platform Save! After weighing the realistic options with less than two working days left in the year, we have come to the following plan for Cross Platform Save:

1. Tomorrow, December 22nd, 2023, we will open the Cross Platform Save gates to ALL Tenno from 8 am ET to 5 pm ET, providing the team with a full working day to monitor. If major issues arise, we may need to close the gates earlier.

2. After 5 pm ET on December 22nd, the Cross Platform Save gates will remain closed until the team returns in January.

We recognize that some Tenno may have to wait to experience Cross Platform Save until 2024, and for that, we apologize. In full transparency, we cannot risk the game's and database's stability over the holiday break by leaving Cross Platform Save enabled for all. The database surges we already see are manageable, but we do not want to risk the unknown of leaving it enabled while no hands are around for immediate emergencies. 

We'll be back tomorrow to update you on our Socials, Forums, and in-game Red Text when the Cross Platform Save window opens.

❤️

Can you guys at least extend Heirloon time? Their price on PC is WAAAYY cheaper than consoles... in my country for example, its twice the price. Most people here cant afford the console prices for heirloon skins but we can afford the PC price.
 Also, you guys should have made a "dumb proof" guide/video on how to linke/merge accounts to avoid some people to do the wrong thing. I see a lot of people making the merge incorrectly, and with that, there is a spike at tickets being oppened on support side, making the problem twice as bigger as if we had a video guide. (not my case but I A LOT of ppl doing it wrong)

• Like 3

You guys deserve a good break, no doubt about it. That said, leaving a feature update like this until the last minute, on top of a main story update, seasonal and operation events, new faction, and new frame...not the best of plans, not helped by inconsistent communication. 

Regardless of all that though it's good to finally be clear on where we stand. 

32 minutes ago, Atyacari said:

You gonna have the unable to merge due to past migration bug fixed?

Not a bug. Read the page about Cross save eligibility.

You cant merge accounts that were "migrated" because it wasn't a true migration, it was essentially a copy, giving you two identical accounts on different platforms. You can still link them, but that means selecting one as your primary account, which will override the other. Shouldnt be an issue if you migrated to console since it cloned everything you had on PC anyway.

Only potential issue is if you've been playing on both simultaneously and have different progress for each, in which case we cant help you bud. Wanna keep em both, they'll have to stay unlinked.

38 minutes ago, Skunk616 said:

Do it on your lunch break, it took literally 4 minutes to link all platforms today 

so wait i never had a pc account before just now how do i get my xbox on pc which would be steam? its honestly confusing how its all worded, would i use my xbox account an link to the pc one or use pc account an link to my xbox. i really dont want to lose my xbox accounts progress since thats the only place ive played before ive moved to pc completely 

Does Digital Extremes plan on extending the Heirloom pack until AFTER cross save is finished then? I want to buy it, but I am a switch player. If by some chance I don't make the cross save at like 3am because of my time zone, I just feel like it won't truly be open all day as claimed here. And if I buy the Heirloom pack on my switch, the platinum that comes with it becomes locked on Switch... and the Switch economy has been crippled by the fact that it can't move off switch. Everyone on a Switch is waiting to go to PC/Console and no one is buying/selling waiting for the much larger market they'll have after cross save. But if I buy the Heirloom pack now, all that platinum really becomes useless as I too will be moving to PC, and that platinum won't carry over. So if I don't stay up all night, I either have to buy the Heirloom pack and waste the platinum, or miss out on the Heirloom pack altogether, and that's really unfair to everyone on a Switch.

• Like 3

I appreciate the care and effort each of you from de poor into this game to make sure it is injoyable for everyone I can only imagine how hard it is to meet the deadlines you have already set for yourselves and the worry about the  backlash that will Ensue when a deadline isn't meet or a problem arises, I appreciate the fact that you are all willing to put in so much time and effort to keep this game running 

I haven't played for as long as others but I can say with confidence that I have injoyed every second of it and thats all thanks to De's hard work. We love you guys and hope you will have an absolutely wonderful Christmas thanks again for all the love and care you poor into this wonderful game. MERRY CHRISTMAS DE!!🎄💚

So I have just ran into this as I was just given access to the feature on the website.

I had my PC account Linked as primary to my switch and xbox accounts, and I now cannot access the Jade cosmetics on my xbox. This is likely the same outcome for the Switch skins.

The website stated, and I quote:
"Platform exclusive Skins like Opal Skins on Switch, Amethyst Skins from Discord and Jade Skins on Xbox will not transfer to PlayStation during the One-Time Account Merge. In addition, PC exclusives such as the Phased Skins, Rubedo Skins, IAHGames Braton Skin and Rixty MOL skin will not be available on PlayStation. Conversely, PlayStation Obsidian Skins will not be available to use on platforms other than PlayStation."
However, nothing was mentioned about said skins being unavailable for accounts where PC is primary.

Was this intentional, and am I now just out of the money I spent on xbox for these Jade bundles? If so, please spread this information so everyone else is aware.

Edited by LTurmoil47
  • Like 1

So just for my own edification to clarify how this works:

I only have one account, my Switch account. I don't need to merge anything, I just want to link so I can play on PC. Tomorrow when the window opens, I just go to my account management page on the website, hit link, and I'm all set? I don't need to make a separate PC account or anything correct?

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Larena said:

So just for my own edification to clarify how this works:

I only have one account, my Switch account. I don't need to merge anything, I just want to link so I can play on PC. Tomorrow when the window opens, I just go to my account management page on the website, hit link, and I'm all set? I don't need to make a separate PC account or anything correct?

You do need a PC account to link to, which will be destroyed when you link to it. Make sure you make your Switch account the PRIMARY, then link the pc account that will be overwritten