The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12/22/2023 Cross Platform Save: Re-opens January 2024

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, Morgawse said:

I agree I think, I assumed Switch should be deleted... I am fine with that as long as the two accounts involved in the original copy/paste for any system should not be allowed to now merge. That is essentially a massive duplication hack for a ton of frames, weapons, mods etc... you didn't earn any of that via plat farming, or play. If you were saying you wanted to merge a X-Box account into your Switch, and were willing to delete your PC data - sure. 

I think if two accounts were merged then - pick one, delete the other and then now at the stage any additional accounts can be merged into the newly declared primary account. The idea that I should be allowed to merge my un-used but cloned switch account back into my PC essentially duplicating 99.9% of my inventory is not reasonable or fair. Pick one of the merged accounts. If you progressed on both, then don't enable cross-save or choose.
Deleting the other account and then merging anything else into the now declared primary make sense. Enabling massive item duplication hack for certain people that did take the one time offer of an account transfers to switch is silly to ask for.

That's what I was implying – to pick one account to merge and delete its mirror. Hopefully that's a possibility.

• Like 1

I linked my PC account to my Xbox account but whenever I log in and go to account management it says Cross Save is closed and I'm not eligible. I don't understand why that is as I've successfully linked the accounts...

Another issue I'm having is whenever I log in at all on the Website and forums with my Xbox credentials, it defaults to logging in on my PC account. I have been using the forums on my Xbox account for almost 9 years and I want access back to it. Before they turned Cross Save linking off, I saw my Xbox account was still the primary account. Did something go wrong somewhere?

Edited by Qantus_

On 2023-12-23 at 8:33 PM, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

If you transferred platforms in the past, you're locked out from merging. I'm disappointed how this wasn't mentioned anywhere and then silently added to the FAQ days after it was posted. We were told back then we're never getting cross save, and now we're being unintentionally punished for our loyalty. I've been waiting patiently to return to this game for over 3 years since it became an increasingly terrible experience on the Switch and eventually got so blurry it caused me and many others headaches. I really hope once the main event is over, DE looks into fixing this and allowing us to merge transferred accounts without being able to dupe items or cause any other such issues. With how stressful this is for many of us, I'm sure it's 10x more stressful for the staff at DE, so I urge everyone to be patient and understanding. Still, sucks I won't be returning since there's Tennogen on my PS4/5 version I spent good money on and prime access I can't repurchase until god-knows when. Upsetting, but there's nothing much anyone in my shoes (and there are many) can do but wait some more. Hopefully we at least get a (not rushed and uninformed) response from DE once they return, cross save is fully implemented, and development continues as normal.

They did mention accounts merged in the past would be ineligible for merging. It was in the first big post they made talking about it and it was in the page on the website the made literally for cross save.

You failing to read it does not mean DE didn't mention it.

On 2023-12-25 at 5:09 PM, (PSN)Shin_Gami_Yi said:

Happy holidays, DE community team. What will happen with my plat when I merge my accounts?

Read FAQ

On 2023-12-25 at 8:33 PM, Flannoit said:

They did mention accounts merged in the past would be ineligible for merging. It was in the first big post they made talking about it and it was in the page on the website the made literally for cross save.

You failing to read it does not mean DE didn't mention it.

The issue they're referring to is that nothing implied that was going to be the case when migration was a thing. The reasoning makes sense, but I'd be pretty unhappy too if I were to be locked out because 7 years ago I duplicated my account to console.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drakolich21 said:

The issue they're referring to is that nothing implied that was going to be the case when migration was a thing. The reasoning makes sense, but I'd be pretty unhappy too if I were to be locked out because 7 years ago I duplicated my account to console.

I agree that it's unfair to lockout switch migrators especially after so long, and I do hope they review their decision and find a way to do it in a way that allows people to go without losing progress

On 2023-12-24 at 9:11 AM, (PSN)hahajake said:

LOL imagine being mad you missed out an announced date like it's any one's fault but your own. I missed out, and im a looong time vet who spends more than most, I can assure you. But guess what? I didn't pay attention and i missed the date. 

I understand people wanting an exception to rules because they spend a lot of money or have been around forever, etc. etc.; but imagine how many "exception requests" they must get a day. There is no way to please every one, and that is why some times rules are actually a good thing. They announced a date. You either made it in by then or you didn't. It isn't DE's fault if you missed the date and people need to grow up. See you in January.

The problem for me is every time I checked this year there never was a date. So to have missed it during one small window I didn't check is pretty frustrating. I'm trying to give these guys money and they seem to be allergic to it. Going to find a different coop game that values my time and $$$.

14 hours ago, Qantus_ said:

I linked my PC account to my Xbox account but whenever I log in and go to account management it says Cross Save is closed and I'm not eligible. I don't understand why that is as I've successfully linked the accounts...

Another issue I'm having is whenever I log in at all on the Website and forums with my Xbox credentials, it defaults to logging in on my PC account. I have been using the forums on my Xbox account for almost 9 years and I want access back to it. Before they turned Cross Save linking off, I saw my Xbox account was still the primary account. Did something go wrong somewhere?

I'm not sure if you ever got your answer, but I linked my primary Xbox account to a newly created PC account so that I could cross-trade. As I'm writing this, when I logged into my account on PC everything transferred beautifully and I have successfully cross-traded. As far as being auto-logged into your PC account on the website, I'm noticing that too, but I can still access my account with my Xbox credentials if I want to sign in that way.

19 hours ago, Qantus_ said:

Same here. I linked my Switch account to PC on Dec. 21, data transfer from Switch to PC went smoothly, however when I log-in to the forums with my Switch credentials (as I always do) it defaults to logging into my new PC account (new member, 0 posts, etc). As you can see I am now using my Switch account. The problem fixes itself and then comes back again. On my phone I am logged into the forums with my Switch account but on my PC it’s using my new PC forum account, I can’t seem to get it to force use my Switch account. Sometimes it’s the other way around. Not sure what’s happening. Seems like a bug as I’ve already seen several other users reporting the same issue. 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula

Ok, but what about being able yo use my main account on ps5? I got to merge my switch account to my pc one, but I got a ps5 for xmas and was wondering if I could somehow use it there. Kinda lame to wait for 1 month to be able to play the game, since there is no way I'm starting over again.

On 2023-12-24 at 9:11 AM, (PSN)hahajake said:

LOL imagine being mad you missed out an announced date like it's any one's fault but your own. I missed out, and im a looong time vet who spends more than most, I can assure you. But guess what? I didn't pay attention and i missed the date. 

I understand people wanting an exception to rules because they spend a lot of money or have been around forever, etc. etc.; but imagine how many "exception requests" they must get a day. There is no way to please every one, and that is why some times rules are actually a good thing. They announced a date. You either made it in by then or you didn't. It isn't DE's fault if you missed the date and people need to grow up. See you in January.

I know this may be hard for you to comprehend, but some of us have this thing called a job, and were literally at work the entire time it was open

To whom it may concern, Im aware this is a relatively new feature with cross platforming an merged systems. So in case anyone who else is having these same issues. But since the recent update on all of this the ablity to join open public games, has gone to a 98% chance of disconnected from server/host/game. Game connects no problem but as soon as it goes to ships flying in its an immediate lost connection. Yes I have my settings set to enable cross play but ever since recent update on cross play the odds of getting into a public lobby with that enabled has gone to winning the PowerBall better odds. I tryed deactivate the cross play feature an joing games became normal again no issues. My internet connection is working perfectly,  an my friends are having same issue

6 hours ago, (PSN)TobiDoes said:

So I do have a question if you End up with a merge what happens if you do not have enough Warframe and weapon slots on the main account get the slots from the Merged accounts get added to the Main?

You still have the items, but if you delete the loadout then you will lose each spot till you are back to your limit. As for the warframe/weapon slots they will carry over.

On 2023-12-22 at 9:02 PM, ClemClem82 said:

Yeah I lost all the inventory slots I paid for

That is strange.  When i connected My xbox and Switch and made my PC account primary None of my empty slots where used.  In fact i got more since my other two accounts had some.  Do not suppose you where at maximum?

I ask, because my PC account had maximum slots for rivens....and when i got two more from my xbox account there was no room, and i had to melt two of them.