Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross save might just killed switch market as it is

Valllium

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Vallium said:

I have no idea if switch players that still will be on switch, can participate when cross trading comes out.

It's pretty much dead. It's been going downhill since cross save got announced, but no one wants to trade on switch because of the switch plat thing. Any sales I make the plat is locked to the switch. If I make sales on PC, its good anywhere. The obvious choice is PC

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Chances are they'll just make a switch 2.

Wow, spoilers!  (Not like there hasn't been rumors about that or anything...).

Anyway, isn't the Switch version just the Wish edition of Warframe?  Kinda surprised that's not the biggest reason why players would abandon "Warframe at home" for a better system.

21 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

Kinda surprised that's not the biggest reason why players would abandon "Warframe at home" for a better system.

Honestly I think more people will play WF because of cross save, for example, people going on vacation or something can actually play on their accounts while away from their pc/console (it's pretty normal for people to have the switch as a secondary console for games like Zelda, Pokemon, and Smash Bros).

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Honestly I think more people will play WF because of cross save, for example, people going on vacation or something can actually play on their accounts while away from their pc/console (it's pretty normal for people to have the switch as a secondary console for games like Zelda, Pokemon, and Smash Bros).

Good point.  Alternatively, that reminds me that I have to check and see which would run Warframe better between my Switch or my work laptop.

I don't have much hope for either of them... 🤣

4 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Good point.  Alternatively, that reminds me that I have to check and see which would run Warframe better between my Switch or my work laptop.

I don't have much hope for either of them... 🤣

The switch would be better just because it actually has a GPU. My $300 walmart potato can run warframe at the lowest setting at stable 30 FPS. Being host makes it go to 20 FPS.

I started out on the switch because I had just moved from a nice two bedroom apartment to a studio (thanks to a certain 2020 event) and it took me a year to save up for a laptop because there is just nowhere in my current place for a full sized gaming PC. Obviously once I got a laptop, I wanted to still play Warframe, but until now my choices were either stay on Switch, or start all over. Since I'd heard about cross save, I just stayed on Switch and today I played PC for the first time without starting over.

That said though, while I'll be PC primary now, I love the idea of going out to eat and playing Warframe on my Switch while I wait on my order, or going to a friends house and being able to dock in and play there. It's really nice to play fully at home, but have that portable option.

21 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Switch was a dead platform anyways. Sooner games stop getting developed for the Switch, the better. Nintendo needs to cook a new system.

While slightly grim, cross save provides players with an opportunity to migrate off eventually-obsolete gen platforms. This is the problem with cross platform games, is that content and updates for the main playerbase are held back by the technical or logistical limitations of the old gen platforms. We can already see this in console hosts fumbling behind PC players in mission performance, and spawn rates cratering. 

DE has to think about this when developing the game.

Edited by Kaiga