Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Complete Rework Of The Foundation Of Warframe.

theGreatZamboni

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much seeing as DE has problems with even introducing drop tables that make sense. I'm sure there will be some sort of massive overhaul coming in the next months though. The last big overhaul was damage 2.0. Theres no telling really for sure though.

All I can say about that is: If they concept some sort of rework without consulting with the players on the core design of it, before revealing it to the "beta" testers/players en mass, they will most likely once again miss the mark. Same with what they did for most implementations of features or revising of systems. DE has the means to execute things, it is this isolationist attitude they put out of "we internally can fix this, no need for help". With the most simple of features and bugs people report/suggest on the forums, there seems to be some sort of hesitation on whether or not to act on it since they didn't come up with it. Then when they do get ideas from the forums, they try to pass it off as their own discovery internally or when they went out and asked people for ideas. I mean really, things that should be put in on the first pass of new systems like resizable HUD or uniforms button layouts on menu redesigns are seemingly not important or necessary to fully test the functions of said new systems according to DE. Whereas if a player was asked beforehand to look at what was being changed or asked to concept/list important features, there is no way so many things would slip through the cracks.

Someone at DE still hasn't gotten the memo that using the Dark Sword as the icon for "Plat purchasable weapons" is a joke. The Dark Sword is an Alert Only weapon. This applies to other aspects of the new store as well, things that have been in the game for close to 6 months I believe. When going to change certain aspects of the game, they are not thorough enough because they don't know or because they don't play the game enough to know what is important. Again these are miniscule examples there are plenty more that I probably can't even recall.

All I can say about that is: If they concept some sort of rework without consulting with the players on the core design of it, before revealing it to the "beta" testers/players en mass, they will most likely once again miss the mark. Same with what they did for most implementations of features or revising of systems. DE has the means to execute things, it is this isolationist attitude they put out of "we internally can fix this, no need for help". With the most simple of features and bugs people report/suggest on the forums, there seems to be some sort of hesitation on whether or not to act on it since they didn't come up with it. Then when they do get ideas from the forums, they try to pass it off as their own discovery internally or when they went out and asked people for ideas. I mean really, things that should be put in on the first pass of new systems like resizable HUD or uniforms button layouts on menu redesigns are seemingly not important or necessary to fully test the functions of said new systems according to DE. Whereas if a player was asked beforehand to look at what was being changed or asked to concept/list important features, there is no way so many things would slip through the cracks.

Someone at DE still hasn't gotten the memo that using the Dark Sword as the icon for "Plat purchasable weapons" is a joke. The Dark Sword is an Alert Only weapon. This applies to other aspects of the new store as well, things that have been in the game for close to 6 months I believe. When going to change certain aspects of the game, they are not thorough enough because they don't know or because they don't play the game enough to know what is important. Again these are miniscule examples there are plenty more that I probably can't even recall.

Lets just put it this way. How the game is actually PLAYED(inside missions) has not changed at all since at least update 7. Movement/enemy knockdowns/parkour/dodging/coptering. I would put melee on the list but it has changed and its only slightly better now because you can channel your attacks and do more damage. Combos are worthless and crappy and serve mostly to slow down what you were actually trying to do. You cant melee flying enemies worth a damn. You just run all around the place shooting crap and jumping in the air and kicking your leg out for your next big butt slide(or you copter around huehuehue.) They made the attempt to actually FIX coptering at one point but people were so upset about it and were quitting the game because of it. Like legitimately quitting a game because they were fixing an exploit. Wow. This was a huge huge HUGE mistake for DE. Now coptering is here to stay and if they do ever actually step up to fix it then even MORE people will quit because so many people love it now. Maybe it will disappear one of these days when they decide to actually go rework parkouring. Maybe DE will actually tell people to screw off with their dumb crap..

Edited by grillv20

Shameless bump because both this and the thread from Update 30 need to be in the first edition of Hot Topics 2.0

It's about the only chance we really  have to make DE listen to what needs to be done for their game to survive. 

Just look at Blacklight: Retribution. That game was great while the devs listened and it had loyal fans and many gladly spent money on the game because it was only getting better... Until the devs stopped listening. Then it died, fast. It's now a husk and isn't even updated by the devs any more. 

Please don't let that happen to this game, too.

copy and paste this S^&T DE

You can't really copy paste it without going into detail, the whole thing is a concept it lacks actual numbers and data. Granted I could go through and design all the skill trees, stats, etc- but that isn't the point really. The point is to establish a baseline idea that is sustainable and one that encourages real difficult choices and interesting gameplay. It is written specifically to lead you to your own answers about the game and how my ideas would fit into place. The concept of focusing more on the mechanics of the game, rather than the rewards is not something revolutionary. In the case of Warframe, you can take all the concepts in play and rework them into a more manageable system that is low maintenance and will allow for the bulk of development to be focused on creating experiences.

Really at this point we shouldn't only NOW be looking at a final UI and treating that as a major update. In the past year everything added doesn't change the core way players interact or experience content. All the new modes aside from Survival are throw away as they do not reward the best XP or chance for drops. Dark Sectors push this even farther by outright proving this notion by using Defense and Survival as their modes and on top of already being XP heavy modes, they add more XP on top- making them the only place for players to max items. Items they will then use to rarely visit other levels or systems to get one item then leave. Granted they might spend several hours grinding for said item, but they will always come back to the most efficient way to grind- endurance based game modes. They are the most reward heavy and fun because the modes play on most fundamental aspects of the whole game which are the simplistic/high fidelity combat and mass slaughter of enemies. While they can become exhaustive due to their design, they are really the best showcase the game has which isn't saying much.

No one says to their friend:

"Hey man! You HAVE to try this Sabotage game mode it Warframe, it's so much fun! I have never played anything like it, it really plays off the core systems of the game in an addictive and interesting way!".

Go ahead and replace Sabotage with just about any game mode, though an argument could be made for the endurance base modes. Except their appeal wears quickly as they become the players' crutch to blow through content.

Edited by theGreatZamboni

this would just change the game to some dysfunctional standards from other game types... i would leave the game if this happens.

skilltrees are a stupid idea, at least you had some choice in playstyle with the mods. (skilltrees will get rid of that, after 2 days everyone will be using the same build after math have proven it to be the best... i don't even need to point fingers at games that uses it --> Leage of Legends)

this would just change the game to some dysfunctional standards from other game types... i would leave the game if this happens.

skilltrees are a stupid idea, at least you had some choice in playstyle with the mods. (skilltrees will get rid of that, after 2 days everyone will be using the same build after math have proven it to be the best... i don't even need to point fingers at games that uses it --> Leage of Legends)

I disagree. The current mod system is bad, dull, and you have literally NO choices with the current system.

Aside all the dilution problems with the drop tables. It just don't work. And 50 pages with almost 100% consent

shows that pretty good. Maybe you just don't play long enough to see that. (Did you even read the OP entirely?)

I really want to se this happen, really, REALLY bad. I just don't think DE will be able to REDUCE grindiness : P

That being said the current Mods 2.0 has been out 7 updates and feels really boring. However I suggest a combination of OPs suggestion while keeping the mods from the current system while removing the current installation process. Mainly to avoid MS15 players S#&$ting themselves when their complete collection of mods goes poof.

Wrong, you have plenty of choices. The OP does not have 50 pages of 100% consent or almost 100%, not even close.

lol what a nay-sayer.

1) sure, there are plenty of choices - bad choices

2) the amount of feedback on this thread IS mostly positive

You just got shut down Zamboni.

^ Steve more or less said "You are SOOOOO wrong."

Not just a little wrong, or some of your points are valid, just plain, 100% wrong. Steve finally admitted that there are bandaid mods but "They're far and few between", along with Scott saying something along the lines of "when you enter a thread discussing a weapon build, there's tons of different mods being compared."

I wonder if they bother to look up a "most equipped" list of the mods? Betcha there would be maybe 11 or 12.

I don't know if I agree completely with Steve, though. I mean, to some extent the game is more about acquiring stuff than it is about playing with the stuff you acquire, and the rarity of some things, like the "essential" mods, contribute to that. For me, that's an issue with the stance mods as well. I consider those rather essential to players actually experiencing Melee 2.0, and when you have melee weapons that only have one, rare mod, then your focus is farming for that rare stance instead of actually playing with that melee weapon + stance.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Steve is so lazy... there are TONS OF PROBLEMS with the current mod system..

ZERO SKILL in this game

NO CUSTOMIZING WHATSOEVER

SIMILAR BUILDS for A LOT of WARFRAMES and WEAPONS

I love you Zamboni, DE needs to listen to the communiity and change what needs to be changed. Steve thinks the mod system is find because he doesnt even @(*()$ play the game, all he does is come up with stuff for a game he doesnt even play. Mod system is lazy and needs to be overhauled ASAP.

How? Answering to OP that his question/proposition is "bullsh*t", generally whole answer was disrespectful to OP and people who supported this thread.

to be fair its an answer worded disrespectful to a question worded disrespectful which is fairly appropriate