Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Krios Signa problem show how bloated the Attachment color scheme is.

Yulfan

The Attachments color scheme is bloated with all the elements actually tied to it. And even before the recent problem with the Krios Signa, there have already been several cases of armor pieces with really incomprehensible color channel choices (for example: the Hulta armor set, the Tennocon 2022 armor set, the Vetala armor set, the Naberus Prisma armor set, the Gazal armor set, etc…).

And when their color channels are good, it's the other elements which are messed up. In this case, the Signa. And the Krios is not the first. ALL Signa are taking their colors from the whole Attachment color scheme, with often some terribly missmatched colors as a result.

The point is: we need to have Ephemera and Signa in their own color group, at the very least. It would be the bare minimum to fully appreciate this new cosmetic category.

But an even better option would be to be able to color fashion all elements separately. Having all armors pieces tied to the same color scheme can be quite limitating, especially when we decide to use armors pieces like the ones i mentioned previously.

Add a lock button next to each piece of the Attachment menu. When locked, they use the regular colors from the menu. When unlocked, it unfold a dedicated color scheme for this piece specifically, kind of how the UI add the materials selection lines between the regular color UI elements when equipping a Voidshell skin.

This would greatly improve the customization possibilities.

• Like 3

I think it would be better if DE just released these things with a consistent color channel arrangement that matched with everything else to begin with.

But after years of complaints about it they still release things with color channels all over the place and haven't changed so much as a single attachment. So at this point, I don't care how cumbersome it'd be to color everything individually. DE's refused to listen to the endless requests to just make color channels match across sets. and even if they started doing that it's definitely too much work to go back and retroactively fix this for every past cosmetic now. So at this point this is the only solution.

I'd like to extend this to operator outfits and frame helmets as well. Trying to match parts of those from two different sets together would make a fashion designer jump off a bridge.

While we're at it. Individual orbiter rooms as well. This one shouldn't even be that hard given dojos already have this.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Yulfan said:

The Attachments color scheme is bloated with all the elements actually tied to it. And even before the recent problem with the Krios Signa, there have already been several cases of armor pieces with really incomprehensible color channel choices (for example: the Hulta armor set, the Tennocon 2022 armor set, the Vetala armor set, the Naberus Prisma armor set, the Gazal armor set, etc…).

And when their color channels are good, it's the other elements which are messed up. In this case, the Signa. And the Krios is not the first. ALL Signa are taking their colors from the whole Attachment color scheme, with often some terribly missmatched colors as a result.

The point is: we need to have Ephemera and Signa in their own color group, at the very least. It would be the bare minimum to fully appreciate this new cosmetic category.

But an even better option would be to be able to color fashion all elements separately. Having all armors pieces tied to the same color scheme can be quite limitating, especially when we decide to use armors pieces like the ones i mentioned previously.

Add a lock button next to each piece of the Attachment menu. When locked, they use the regular colors from the menu. When unlocked, it unfold a dedicated color scheme for this piece specifically, kind of how the UI add the materials selection lines between the regular color UI elements when equipping a Voidshell skin.

This would greatly improve the customization possibilities.

I asked years ago for all armor pieces to have their own separate color channels because of mismatched textures, if we want to mismatch armors etc. Ephemera’s and signas having their own color channels for sure has my vote. This game is all about fashion in the end, wouldn’t be a loss to anyone to have it except for the time they’d spend messing around with all the variety of combinations. More time on the game I suppose

Edited by AmongTheWeak
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping up this because with the release of the Lunar New Year cosmetics, we are ending up with a very nice new Ephemera which once again use all Attachment colors to customize the floating dragon (the one fully materialized when not moving), what can easily conflict with the colors you want for your armor pieces AND your Signa.

For example, if you want your Krios Signa with golden leaves, you have no other choice but to end up a flying french frie around you 🍟

I really hope DE will adress this during the devstream. It's really disheartening to not be able to freely customize our stuff because of that…

Edited by Yulfan

We also need the Krios Sigma to come back. For many of us was not possible to play the game on the days the event was available and others, like myself, couldn’t play the game at all because I had some issues with my switch and cross save wasn’t available yet for me. By the time I could play (around 20 of this month) the event was already over and the Krios Sigma lost forever :/