Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading within the same household

Shafara.F

Question

Me and my brother play Warframe on the same household and are planning to trade platinum with each other.
I play on pc and he is on the steam deck.
Before this we never play Warframe at the same time since we have a different time of work and he mostly play at work

Is it ok to trade platinum within people on the same internet line but different platform?
Hope for some clarification.

23 answers to this question

I never had issues trading with my old housemates. It's usually pretty obvious if it's trading between alt-accounts (which would get you get you banned). Should be fine.

That said, I'd still be careful. For example, don't buy a large plat pack with a login discount and then give him half. That could land you in trouble.

Edited by (PSN)iuvenilis

5 hours ago, Shafara.F said:

Is it ok to trade platinum within people on the same internet line but different platform?

It is, if it is obvious those are two separate owners. Platforms do not matter. In your case it is not clear to a suspicious extent and trade may be flagged.

Anyway. If he plays at work and you do not, it is clearly different IP, so who will know it is the same household? How? If he never plays of the same IP as you? Or do you plan to trade specifically from the same IP, which was never used till now? What stops you from trading him when he is at work?

Edited by Zakkhar

48 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Unpopular opinion, but maybe work at work and play at your free time? 

Or maybe they have a job were there is a lot of free time for example security on a night time, some of these jobs actually promote bringing things in to keep your attention good effort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

there is a lot of free time for example security on a night time

I'd love to see you secure anything (as in prevent burglary), while playing warframe. Sure you can sit and pretend, but thats not security, thats just being paid bum. And yes there are some things that do not require any attention because there is nothing to steal, but why do they need security then?

1 hour ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

some of these jobs actually promote bringing things in to keep your attention good effort.

How are you going to keep your attention if you are actively focusing on something else? You can play chess, play some indie point and click, read a book or listen to audiobook but actively playing WF is way too absorbing and it is basically scamming your employer.

Edited by Zakkhar

53 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I'd love to see you secure anything (as in prevent burglary), while playing warframe. Sure you can sit and pretend, but thats not security, thats just being paid bum. And yes there are some things that do not require any attention because there is nothing to steal, but why do they need security then?

How are you going to keep your attention if you are actively focusing on something else? You can play chess, play some indie point and click, read a book or listen to audiobook but actively playing WF is way too absorbing and it is basically scamming your employer.

Lol, they literally tell you to bring books and so on to keep Your brain stimulated, you clearly haven’t been around any type of profession that is being discussed. 
In most security environments you take shifts, ie 2 hours on 2 hours off during the off time you can rest etc or heaven forbid play warframe whilst at work.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Unpopular opinion, but maybe work at work and play at your free time? 

Not unpopular at all, but I would like to point out that some jobs/locations given you PLENTY of time to play at work. For example, my friend gets an hour long lunch break during his 10 hour shift, which is more than enough time to log in and play a bit. Then you have jobs with plenty of downtime such as firefighters who have plenty of time to game as long station chores are done and there are no calls (most ladder companies only get a call every 2-3 hours), and then you have jobs where you're literally paid to sit on your ass like the security guard we have at my apartment, who's entire job is to check car tags and open the gates for them. From 10pm to like 6am, that job requires pretty much zero actual work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

2 hours off during the off time you can rest etc or heaven forbid play warframe whilst at work.

If you are taking time off work it is not technically at work.

1 hour ago, Nimisha_Prime said:

LENTY of time to play at work. For example, my friend gets an hour long lunch break during his 10 hour shift,

Same thing. If you play during break it is technically not at work. 

1 hour ago, Nimisha_Prime said:

then you have jobs where you're literally paid to sit on your ass like the security guard we have at my apartment, who's entire job is to check car tags and open the gates for them. From 10pm to like 6am, that job requires pretty much zero actual work.

You can do it with zero actual work yes, but you can also do it with work. Still I do not see how he can play WF doing that. I do not wish you badly, but imagine there is a fire at night and this guy just plays stuff and doesnt notice at all, because "this job requires zero work, juust sitting on ass".

Edited by Zakkhar

4 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

you are taking time off work it is not technically at work.

Again in security you work in shifts usually 2 hours on 2 hours off you’re still at work lol, you get to have a break to eat, rest etc.

The simple point is they are still at work, they are still being paid, because at most jobs you can have a break.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Shafara.F said:

My spouse and I live together and each play Warframe on our own accounts on our own PS5's.  We have never had any issues with gifting or trading, whether it's platinum or anything else.

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

My spouse and I live together and each play Warframe on our own accounts on our own PS5's.  We have never had any issues with gifting or trading, whether it's platinum or anything else.

Just because you haven’t doesn’t mean you won’t, if you’re both on the same wifi and in the same house DE could very easily see that as a violation, for the simple fact mules are done this way.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Just because you haven’t doesn’t mean you won’t, if you’re both on the same wifi and in the same house DE could very easily see that as a violation.

It's not a realistic concern though, as it has never been marked as a violation before.  And in the unprecedented and unlikely case that it was incorrectly flagged as a violation it would be easy to clear up.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

It's not a realistic concern though, as it has never been marked as a violation before.  And in the unprecedented and unlikely case that was incorrectly flagged as a violation it would be easy to clear up.

If you are on the same wifi and trading back and forth with a console even if it’s someone elses on the same internet could most definitely be an issue, this is how people make mule accounts for rivens etc which is against the rules, you aren’t special and checking the rules to be sure should be done.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

If you are on the same wifi and trading back and forth with a console even if it’s someone elses on the same internet could most definitely be an issue.

It's not a realistic concern though, as it has never been marked as a violation before.  And in the unprecedented and unlikely case that it was incorrectly flagged as a violation it would be easy to clear up.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
  • Like 1

Just now, (PSN)Unstar said:

It's not a realistic concern though, as it has never been marked as a violation before.  And in the unprecedented and unlikely case that was incorrectly flagged as a violation it would be easy to clear up.

Lol you can copy and paste your generic response, but it still stands that’s how people mule rivens etc again you aren’t special checking the rules would be wise:)

Disclaimer, I don't know for certain. You could always check with Support if you are unsure or worried. 

To my best understanding, it should be fine. Whilst I haven't had this issue first hand, I know of many people who are married, partners, related, siblings, parent and child, or living together whose accounts interact on the same internet. None have ever had issues. 

That being said... there shouldn't be any issues if you are sincere. Emphasis on sincere. A lot of people aren't sincere, and don't understand how technology or people work, and try to think up ways to scam systems, by pretending to have a friend, or cousin or sibling or child to get stuff. They think "well, how can they tell that I don't have a cousin, best friend, brother?" but their are ways, automated, and manually, to find suspicious activities in such situations. So again... Nothing to worry about if you are sincere. You may have your account flagged for review by an automated system, but as long as nothing suspicious is occurring...

Hypothetically, for example, lets say that you aren't sincere (for clarity, I think you are sincere), but lets say you make an alt account, that you use to check in to see if it gets a 75% Plat Discount, to effectively double your chances of getting one. Its your "Sisters account", you get one. You buy Plat, you trade it to your main. Well thats really weird. For a person to log in a lot but not actually play much. This is just one example. I could go into more depth, but its not really relevant. Even if you potentially come across as suspicious, whilst being genuine, you may just have to talk to Support, so if you are decent at communicating, it shouldn't be an issue either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Lol you can copy and paste your generic response, but it still stands that’s how people mule rivens etc again you aren’t special checking the rules would be wise:)

The rules are that a player can have two accounts as long as they don't trade or interact in any way.  Since I have only one account and my spouse only has one account, we do not fall afoul of this rule.  And since we're following the rules, if either of us were ever erroneously flagged, it would be easy to clear up.

If you're aware of some other rule you think we're breaking, let me know.  But if not this seems like jumping at shadows.

The rules are that a player can have two accounts as long as they don't trade or interact in any way.  Since I have only one account and my spouse only has one account, we do not fall afoul of this rule.  And since we're following the rules, if either of us were ever erroneously flagged, it would be easy to clear up.

If you're aware of some other rule you think we're breaking, let me know.  But if not this seems like jumping at shadows.

That’s literally how people make mule accounts make a fresh account on a different console this isn’t hard to grasp, i’m just saying because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t be careful:)

Just now, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

That’s literally how people make mule accounts make a fresh account on a different console this isn’t hard to grasp, i’m just saying because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t be careful:)

With respect, you're focusing on the lone similarity and ignoring the meaningful differences.  My spouse and I have hundreds of hours of simultaneous play together, and I'd be surprised if DE doesn't have analytics showing that.  With a wealth of data at their fingertips to help determine the difference between mules and legitimate players, it's so unlikely that our accounts would be flagged that it's not worth lifting a single eyebrow.  And again, even if there's a crack in their system and we were flagged, it would be easy to clear up with Support.  There is nothing to worry about.

• Like 2

With respect, you're focusing on the lone similarity and ignoring the meaningful differences.  My spouse and I have hundreds of hours of simultaneous play together, and I'd be surprised if DE doesn't have analytics showing that.  With a wealth of data at their fingertips to help determine the difference between mules and legitimate players, it's so unlikely that our accounts would be flagged that it's not worth lifting a single eyebrow.  And again, even if there's a crack in their system and we were flagged, it would be easy to clear up with Support.  There is nothing to worry about.

Sure guy:)

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

If you are taking time off work it is not technically at work.

Same thing. If you play during break it is technically not at work. 

You can do it with zero actual work yes, but you can also do it with work. Still I do not see how he can play WF doing that. I do not wish you badly, but imagine there is a fire at night and this guy just plays stuff and doesnt notice at all, because "this job requires zero work, juust sitting on ass".

"If there is a fire at night" Not sure if you're refering to the gate guard or the firefighters here but I'll answer both...

Firefighters: The alarms are so long out CAN'T ignore them, also flashing lights within the station.
Gate guard: His little hut by the gate only really can see the front office. If there was a fire, it'd be caught by the residents or two patrolling security guards before he'd ever see it.

• Like 1

I'd imagine they can check and see that 2 accounts are actually doing things and going on missions at the same time like @(PSN)Unstar and their spouse are doing. It would look more suspicious if there were 2 accounts that were only logged on for short periods of overlapping time or one tended to sit idle while the other was actively playing. Also as mentioned, if one gets a coupon and then immediately shares a bunch of platinum with the other, that can look like a dupe account just to farm coupons.

• Like 2