Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

afk/migration uptick

pantophage

has anyone noticed a large uptick in players trying to afk missions or leaving missions after a minute?
of the past 30 or so missions i have ran on pub, at least 1 in 3 had someone trying to afk leech. not a huge deal. it happens. i usually try not to be too judgy about it cus people have pets/kids or other stuff that can pop up. but most of these people were running wukong or other high survivability frames and were afk from the very start.

I've also noticed a big uptick in people abandoning missions in under a minute. I had I thought at first it was cus i was running circuit and they probably didn't know that abandoning would still give them the same loadout. but then i started doing just regular missions and it kept happening.

it was also almost always console players leaving. is this a console thing? did the event just bring out the bad players? I can't remember the last time in my 7+ years of playing that i encountered this many host migrations or afkers back to back 6+ times in a row

• Like 1

I believe there was a change to the event whereby 2 players could trigger the boss fight.  Originally, it took all 4 to be present in order to trigger the fight.  The change was absolutely necessary as 1 player searching for Voca could delay the whole squad.  But, the change also opened the door for people to afk the mode.  

I haven't noticed any increase in people departing mid-mission, but the afk folks have definitely increased.

I'll take afk players over 1 explorer delaying completion of the mission.

For information, there's a bit of a thing with the event; if you're trying to farm the Curses, you can predict which ones you're going to get by finding the boss arena ahead of time. So players have been starting, immediately sprinting to find the boss arena, then quitting when they don't get the one they actually want.

DE could probably have fixed this by making the Steel path version drop one guaranteed of the specific Curse for that boss, but then a guaranteed second curse of one of the other two, meaning there would be progress on the Event for every single boss run instead of making it more likely players would quit to avoid a boss drop they didn't want.

8 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

For information, there's a bit of a thing with the event; if you're trying to farm the Curses, you can predict which ones you're going to get by finding the boss arena ahead of time. So players have been starting, immediately sprinting to find the boss arena, then quitting when they don't get the one they actually want.

DE could probably have fixed this by making the Steel path version drop one guaranteed of the specific Curse for that boss, but then a guaranteed second curse of one of the other two, meaning there would be progress on the Event for every single boss run instead of making it more likely players would quit to avoid a boss drop they didn't want.

They could've prevented this issue entirely by making all of them have equal spawn chance. But the distribution is about 100, 75, 50

Edited by PollexMessier

21 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

They could've prevented this issue entirely by making all of them have equal spawn chance. But the distribution is about 100, 75, 50

Or they could have done the logical thing and made a seperate node for each boss, removing the unnecessary RNG entirely. The amount of times suzerain showed up was too damn high.

Thankfully it's over now but in future DE, please leave the RNG in the drop tables, where it (begrudgingly) belongs. 

21 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Or they could have done the logical thing and made a seperate node for each boss, removing the unnecessary RNG entirely. The amount of times suzerain showed up was too damn high.

That would've been kindof annoying tbh. I would've just preferred they had an even spawn chance. Maybe give loid the ability to fuse two of any given curse into the third one as a form of rng protection.

Speaking of the curses tho... I have like 300 extra cus the splinter farm was much larger than the curse farm. At least in low rank clans or large clans where more than 2 people were farming the event for arcanes. We gonna get anything to do with these excess curses? I was really hoping they'd let us convert them into splinters, tho I never had high hopes for that happening. Even being able to turn them in for Cavia standing would be nice. Something besides just being able to sell them like DE loves to do with excess event items like this.

21 hours ago, pantophage said:

none of these missions i ran were the event 💀

In that case, it's just the larger player base. With update months, and a big up-tick in content creators doing 'my first experience playing' on Warframe thanks to the quests now being accessible without needing to grind the MR... that's brought in a lot more players.

So with that you'll find a larger amount of players that quit or think they can AFK. The proportion of the player base that does this isn't any larger, but with the larger player base you find more people in that proportional section.

Give it a month or two and it'll settle back down again and the longer-term players will still be here while all the quitters and AFK players will have given up.