Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Stomp is absolutely broken!

DezerayTwT

7 часов назад, (PSN)AyinDygra сказал:

I think the current state is a "win"

No, this is not a victory.

The introduction of enemies from the Overguard was a strong blow to more warframes and an even stronger blow to warframes that LIVED thanks to their counterplay abilities (Banshee or Vauban).

The fact that now the Rhino and Wisp abilities are not working correctly is solely the fault of the developers who did not take into account their ability. I don't have any bias or hatred towards these warframes, I just want the developers to FIX their bugs.

I would take it as a win if those frames didnt already have a niche within the game.

wisp is one of the most popular frames due to her motes completly ignoring any kind of health reduction effects, and making you tanky enough to ignore damage from most things in the game (assuming you also have adaptation), and thats just one of her effects.

Rhino has omega personal overguard with the whole shield consumption thing and a strong team damage buff, while also being a very early accessible frame.

if it was something like valkyr, trinity, yareli, etc, you know, the stuff that noone plays, then I really couldnt care less if those frames would see more play because of it.

1 час назад, iHaku сказал:

I would take it as a win if those frames didnt already have a niche within the game.

wisp is one of the most popular frames due to her motes completly ignoring any kind of health reduction effects, and making you tanky enough to ignore damage from most things in the game (assuming you also have adaptation), and thats just one of her effects.

Rhino has omega personal overguard with the whole shield consumption thing and a strong team damage buff, while also being a very early accessible frame.

if it was something like valkyr, trinity, yareli, etc, you know, the stuff that noone plays, then I really couldnt care less if those frames would see more play because of it.

I repeat, in this article and in general, I try to consider abilities and mechanics in isolation from the context as either statistics or subjective opinion. If a warframe has a broken ability, I will talk about it, regardless of the popularity of the warframe, its role and strength in the current meta.

20 minutes ago, DezerayTwT said:

If a warframe has a broken ability, I will talk about it, regardless of the popularity of the warframe, its role and strength in the current meta.

in that case, the bug report section might be a better sub forum to post about this, since that's obviously what you're trying to do: highlight an issue with an ability. you can hardly talk about a bug outside of the context of the game itself.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/1875-general-whispers-in-the-walls-bugs/

21 минуту назад, iHaku сказал:

in that case, the bug report section might be a better sub forum to post about this, since that's obviously what you're trying to do: highlight an issue with an ability. you can hardly talk about a bug outside of the context of the game itself.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/1875-general-whispers-in-the-walls-bugs/

So... Looks like I need to explain something again.

I created this post in this particular forum because it concerns SPECIFIC frames, not something general.

At first, there was only the Rhino ability in this post, then I remembered about Wisp, people also suggested to me the Mag ability with improvement, in the end we still have a problem with SPECIFIC abilities and it's precisely these abilities that matter, since the rest of the warframes have Overguard mechanics working fine.

Is it even possible to isolate abilities by themselves though? You have to take into account the other abilities in the game to base everything else off of. The standard is decided by every warframe, and you have to compare a given ability to something or you’ll end up even more all over the place. My question is, has DE ever said it was their intention for Rhino Stomp and Breach Surge not to affect eximus? Wisp I can completely understand changing, but there’s a reason why I personally don’t use Rhino stomp even though I enjoy it.

On order to get good Iron Skin Numbers you need at least one of Rhino’s augments paired with high amounts of strength and some kind of armor bonus. Then you have duration and said strength for Roar. Finally, Rhino Stomp’s high cost paired with the frame’s very low energy max can make it difficult to use often. Another thing is, with your typical Rhino build all three of his other abilities are integral to his kit. Rhino stomp is the only one that doesn’t directly synergize so it’s the only one you can really afford to infuse over. There’s also a high incentive you use a helminth ability on Rhino, since otherwise he lacks any defense strip or grouping. Most Rhino builds I’ve seen infuse something over Rhino Stomp.

I can see your argument, but I wonder if the reason they keep the Eximus CC is simply to give it a niche despite its limitations and all the other great options that could take its place.

3 часа назад, PlatypusWarriorX сказал:

I can see your argument, but I wonder if the reason they keep the Eximus CC is simply to give it a niche despite its limitations and all the other great options that could take its place.

No.

Like the rest of the flaws in the game, the effect of Rhino and Wisp abilities, as well as Mag and Mesa abilities on Eximus enemies is another flaw. Please do not try to see the hidden meaning where there is none, the "DE" just forgot about their abilities and the fact that these abilities work differently but have a very similar effect. This is absolutely the same problem that was with other ways to influence the enemies of Eximus, it's just that the ways that are there now have not been fixed yet. Remember the hoaxer on the operator, it wasn't supposed to work for Eximus and "DE" fixed it, so did these abilities, they just need to be fixed, that's all.

4 hours ago, PlatypusWarriorX said:

My question is, has DE ever said it was their intention for Rhino Stomp and Breach Surge not to affect eximus?

Nope, nor have they done so about all the other exceptions.  OTOH, they haven't said they're supposed to be exceptions either*.  The only exceptions they've ever called out as intended are cold proc slow and Limbo's ability to send enemies to the Rift.

Other than those, this is what we've got:

DE, Eximus Reborn: "While Overguard is active, it will keep Eximus units immune to Warframe crowd control abilities and anything that will stagger, knockdown, stun, mind control, ragdoll, and blind."

Stomp on Overguard is technically a slow, and slows aren't specifically listed.  But obviously by any sane estimation strong slows are a  CC.  And I'd point out that the majority of slows, weak or strong, did stop working on Eximus after this was implemented.  So the list wasn't meant to be exhaustive.

*Since the Eximus rework and Overguard, that is.  Long before that, a very few of these abilities were specifically changed so as to have some effect on "bosses", usually as part of a nerf to having their full effect on these enemies.  Bastille is the one I remember offhand, which could originally freeze bosses in stasis.  Stomp is suspiciously similar to Bastille in this regard.  Although Stomp's slow is so extreme as to still basically be stasis, whereas Bastille's slow is so moderate I think many people don't realize it's there.   I didn't until it was pointed out to me.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was under the impression that the rhino stomp was allowed to slow as a thematic choice. There are two control effects on stomp and only one applies through overguard. Firstly the ability causes a knockdown effect, which is prevented by overgaurd, then the slow occurs. In Rhino's ability description this is portrayed as an effect on local spacetime, which if overguard was able to bypass would indicate capabilities for overgaurded enemies that exceed the acceleration given to Manics. Do we really want Eximi with access to the speedforce?

On 2024-01-16 at 2:11 PM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

The fact that you actually found a Rhino player unironically using Stomp to slow down eximus units rather than blasting their head off with a 564561% roar boosted gun surprised me more than the fact that the ability works against them.

Por que no los dos?

Step 1: Stomp

Step 2: Align weapon barrel with eyeball at 2" in 12 sec of leisure

Step 3: Explode face (Roar always on)

• 1 month later...