Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctum Radiation mods open up another Steel Path viable status combo.

Iedarus

7 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Zakti used to be amazing. I miss using the weapon.

It was never really the Gas damage though outside Nullifiers which the dart stuck too. It was amazing for the status spoofing on old Condition Overload. Gun + Glaive has never been as fun. It's forced stealth multipliers and finishers were also very strong. I used Zakti + Lesion in an old 2 hour solo endurance run.

I imagine it's still good for the purpose of forcing stealth multipliers and using cold (probably still?) prolongs the multiplier window.
If melee didn't do half the damage it used to I'd say it's still a great weapon.

DE really did a number on Zakti when they added self stagger to AoE. One of the only weapons to open enemies to finisher also staggers you if you're in melee range.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

The thing is, with any kind of primer for viral/corrosive/both, ANY DOT is strong.  The Zakti Prime will never be meta, but because it can run corrosive and still get gas procs, the gas procs do a surprising amount of damage.  Not high end tier, but still better than it's given credit for.  Gas in the right setups is actually very strong, while somehow being weak bordering on useless if you don't dedicate a loadout to it.  It's the same with toxin.  Without priming for it, toxin isn't all that great, especially against grineer.  Build around it and it works great.  

But only Toxin DoT will bypass shields.

23 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

It does not. At all.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Toxic_Ancient

Terrible against Infested. Terrible against armor.

Well, I'll be darned. I guess I can't read! It really is worse than I thought or remembered at them!

Anyway, here you go. Objectively, Glaive Prime with a Toxin mod edges out Cerata because it can deal with the Toxic Ancients way way way better. The Glaive Prime with the Toxin mod does work better against the Corpus Tech Eximus, but because the Toxin DoT is not a guaranteed proc like its Slash proc, it may need to be tossed a few times. But a portion of its damage will bypass the shields which is all that really matters! Well... for a Slash build, you wouldn't ordinarily slot a Toxin for Grineer but it does make Glaive Prime a lot more generalizable.

Spoiler

I certainly don't remember struggling with Cerata in Infested endurance missions, but that may be because I normally use it with Gas there (there's a "Gas" configuration tab in the videos). There is no redeeming universally generalizable Cerata without a Riven mod it seems... all because Toxic Ancients!

21 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Just a suggestion, but if you're going to prime the enemies how about you give the Bubonico a try? It's way better at it then the Phage, in my opinion. Not only is it AoE, it also has longer lasting status effects by default:

I will definitely give Bubonico a try for priming! I need to build that one still for future SP Circuit runs (I've heard DE said they'll release new Incarnons this year?). I haven't forgot about the Saryn video, I just don't play Duviri much anymore and have been way too lazy to run SP Circuit when Saryn rolls.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xzorn said:

The Corrosive thing was a sad side effect of DE's "typical" content.

You most certainly didn't want to be shooting level 350 Corpus with Corrosive. For some weapons even Toxic would get out scaled by Viral + Electric. Then of course the old Status Gas. There was quite a variety in the damage / status styles the general community just wasn't exposed to. I found use for everything outside Magnetic.

I also had some pure physical Slash loadouts. Mostly Melee weapons but it was superior to Viral + Slash given the HP pool was worth the time.

Current Viral status is just busted. People used to say old Viral status was too strong comically. I kinda wish they'd just revert most of it.
It's certainly not better so what's the point.

I don't want them to revert it, I want them to rework all of it.  Enemy damage shouldn't be so high that Puncture is considered useless.  Full stacks is 80% enemy damage reduction and you never even notice it.  Even purposefully taking underperforming gear into SP for testing, and having max puncture stacks on an enemy, they still have enough damage that they can brute force their way through quite a number of different, stacked defenses.  Every status should be actually useful in the content they put out.  I'd be fine with viral nerfs, but only if the ridiculous amount of health that enemy get up to is also nerfed.  

• Like 2

On 2024-01-19 at 1:26 PM, Traumtulpe said:

By the way, did you know that you can mod your Cerata to deal Viral damage and it'll still proc Toxin as usual? Just in case you ever want to try playing without a primer.

Actually, if you exploit this property of Cerata, you can use Melee Influence. You gimp its Toxin damage for proc priority reasons and have to fit either Gas/Electric or Viral/Electric. I used Gas/Electric. You'll probably need a Riven that makes up for some missing mods (video uses a Crit/CD/Damage Riven).

Because Melee Influence is random, and because it depends on density for efficiency, I spawn 16 units and I do the experiment 3 times per faction. Looks pretty good! Though it's inconsistent.

Spoiler

I don't like this build, it feels inconsistent with the 20% chance, but I can't deny that it works well. Unfortunately you can't do this with Slash... Melee Influence only transfers elemental effects.