Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Body shots should grant half the incarnon charge

Waeleto

I wake up and find my notifications blowing up because of a random insomnia driven idea I posted in the dead of the night.

...The sad thing is that this is not the first time I've suggested a random idea while barely conscious and somehow hit a random bullseye that resonated with people.

14 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Torid and Angstrum can do it so why not other incarnons ?

Angstrum is because of how its charge shot works: charging an angstrum shot spreads the projectiles in such a way it won't go down the center of the crosshair, so aiming at the head would guarantee a miss

The Torid is just because Wally hates you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Angstrum is because of how its charge shot works: charging an angstrum shot spreads the projectiles in such a way it won't go down the center of the crosshair, so aiming at the head would guarantee a miss

This wasn't exactly true...at about 10m the Angstrum can consistently get a headshot or two, getting better as one gets closer.   

Far from ideal for an AoE weapon, and I can completely understand why DE changed it.  But making it direct hits and leaving it at one hit equaling 40 charges and three hits for a full charge  contrasts starkly with the difficulty of  charging up some other Incarnon weapons.

I do think that the overall Incarnon space is artificially limited by having nearly every ranged Incarnon charge via headshots; the Incarnon system is capable of so much more variety, and I'd love to see that explored.  I think they should introduce some ranged Incarnons that have numerous other ways of charging for players who are looking for more diversity in their Incarnon experiences.

• Like 1

I brought this up in another Topic. While body shots giving partial charge seems okay.

I feel a more full proof solution would be to fix the max charge capacity of the head-shot weapons.

What we're really talking about here is the up-time on the Incarnon form. Head-Shot or Body-Shot doesn't "technically" matter long as the up-time on using the Incarnon form reflects that. Torrid has a 95% uptime for me. Latron is a solid 60% while Vasto is 15%. Some Incarnons aren't even worth morphing like Zylok.

As a side note: Latron Incarnon is a great example of AoE self stagger going way too far. RIP Zakti too.

• Like 1