Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More combined mods like Radiation from Whispers.

quxier

I could see it happening again, but it probably won't happen without a reason to add them, and I definitely wouldn't expect any meta secondary elements like Viral. (Although there is an Akbronco Prime viral mod...)

The Murmur faction is designed specifically to be resistant to the Slash + Viral meta, and were given a weakness to Radiation instead, an off-hand element that most of us generally don't mod for. I suppose we got these mods to make it easier to add, since they're single-slot mods. It's also a nice element to have in general, and I think the proc is underrated, but isn't really meta or overpowered vs. the main faction trio either.

Edited by Pakaku

The only reason why the Radiation mods are even semi worth it is because Radiation is probably the 3rd best combined element in the game (not saying too much when we consider Gas, Blast and Magnetic are pretty much completely useless).

Nobody would probably use a native Blast mod for example unless it gave some insane secondary stats, even tertiary stats added on might not make it a hard sell.

Would I like to see more alternatives to 60/60 mods though for weapons that don't want status chance but would like extra damage and another stat? Of course, hell I love the rifle Radiation mod on my Quellor because it lets me patch up the reload time and get an entirely new status effect for my Status Hose.

I just don't see it being too likely or worthwhile unless they rework half of the combined elements to be worth a damn.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aldain said:

Nobody would probably use a native Blast mod for example unless it gave some insane secondary stats, even tertiary stats added on might not make it a hard sell.

We have

• Gain 1 (2) Health per enemy killed with  Blast Damage. Max 300 (450) Health.
  • Regenerate +5 (+7.5) Shields when you inflict an enemy with  Blast Status.

and

• Gain +10% (+15%) Ability Damage on enemies affected by  Corrosion Status.
  • Increase max stacks of  Corrosion Status by +2 (+3).

Not sure if it's worth but they are here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quxier said:

We have

and

Not sure if it's worth but they are here.

The Corrosion Shard benefits, yeah probably (the Grineer are still pretty much the hardest faction to kill in most places), the Blast...are rendered useless by most Warframe means of durability enhancement.

300 to 450 extra health is kind of a pointlessly small amount once you start hitting points where durability comes into question...and 5 Shields for a Blast Status is literally a joke, the only benefit that could have is Shield Gate cheese, but even then it's not worth the Shard Slot from what I can see.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I'd like a Blast and Magnetic ones, assuming they also have a secondary perk that isn't worthless.

DE probably: "Swift Explosion +60% Blast +30% Fire Rate (Shotgun)"

I jest, but with how much DE aggressively ignores Blast, Gas and Magnetic being strictly worse than several mono elements (I'd say Cold>Blast, Heat>Gas and Toxin>Magnetic specifically in terms of functionality) I'm not sure I'd expect much there.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

DE probably: "Swift Explosion +60% Blast +30% Fire Rate (Shotgun)"

I jest, but with how much DE aggressively ignores Blast, Gas and Magnetic being strictly worse than several mono elements (I'd say Cold>Blast, Heat>Gas and Toxin>Magnetic specifically in terms of functionality) I'm not sure I'd expect much there.

You jest but I would use this Swift Explosion mod of yours without a second thought. It would be amazing when paired with Topaz Shards.

On 2024-02-06 at 7:58 AM, Aldain said:

The Corrosion Shard benefits, yeah probably (the Grineer are still pretty much the hardest faction to kill in most places), the Blast...are rendered useless by most Warframe means of durability enhancement.

300 to 450 extra health is kind of a pointlessly small amount once you start hitting points where durability comes into question...and 5 Shields for a Blast Status is literally a joke, the only benefit that could have is Shield Gate cheese, but even then it's not worth the Shard Slot from what I can see.

Didn't they nerf it so you can't perma shield gate?

I want:

Rifle: 60 magnetic, 40 fire rate

Shotgun: 60 magnetic, 40 multishot

Pistol: 60 magnetic, 40 crit damage

Melee: 60 magnetic, +0.2 follow through, +1 range

archgun: 60 magnetic 60 crit chance

arch melee: 60 magnetic 40 attack speed

I also want blast to have a secondary effect where each stack adds a flat 5% status chance to the target when you hit it so +50% flat status on 10 stacks

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, quxier said:

Sounds interesting

yeah, normally you just bypass shield with toxin so if you will use magnetic and go through the shield then the extra effort should be offset by range and follow through so you can hit many enemies at once and do proper damage, otherwise there is no point using magnetic outside of niche cases. You'll probably be using a high base damage weapon with decent range like heavy blade or staff  so you can bash the shields which usually have 0.6 follow through. Get that up to 0.8. Short range daggers usually have 0.8 so they get 1.0 followthrough since they have less range.

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Redrigoth said:

yeah, normally you just bypass shield with toxin so if you will use magnetic and go through the shield then the extra effort should be offset by range and follow through so you can hit many enemies at once and do proper damage, otherwise there is no point using magnetic outside of niche cases

Yeah, and with magnetic you cannot do viral with can boost damage from +1 to 3.25. IMHO it should be +0.3 follow through to make up for lose of viral damage boost.

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

Yeah, and with magnetic you cannot do viral with can boost damage from +1 to 3.25. IMHO it should be +0.3 follow through to make up for lose of viral damage boost.

Magnetic is the same as viral but for shields. Also since it is a direct magnetic stat, you can build viral along with it so a viral, slash, magnetic build would work. Still, you'll be sacrificing a mod slot for that follow-through so I still think it is balanced. And yeah maybe +0.3 is still reasonable

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Redrigoth said:

Also since it is a direct magnetic stat, you can build viral along with it so a viral, slash, magnetic build would work.

My brain at night says stupid things, sorry.

Just now, Waeleto said:

wouldn't viral/corro combo be really strong then ?

With 2 shards you can full armor strip with Corrosive. However you have factions where armor stripping is not very important (e.g. new Murmur). So I would say it would be strong for certain faction but not overly powered.

• 3 weeks later...

We’ve already seen a Viral mod in the Akbronco Prime augment. I don’t ever think we’ll see more that aren’t in that vein, and I don’t think we should, frankly. Same with Corrosive. A Blast mod or Magnetic mod both seem kind of interesting although I’d rather see them rework Blast than just make it spammable. Magnetic is already a progenitor element and only good against certain enemies so I could see it being added. Gas mods seem unnecessary, gas isn’t very bad.