The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE, I don't need Ordis to DM me every 10 seconds about inbox messages...

BalaDeSilver

This is PC only. If you've been tabbed out for at least 10 seconds, Ordis will trigger a transmission. Every time. If you tab in and out of the game a lot, Ordis will constantly bombard you with voice lines. This goes on until you open the mail, which I don't care for, I know Baro is back, I know Stalker marked me, I don't care, just let me play the game in peace, this is driving me insane.

29 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

As far I know you can turn his transmissions off entirely now

You can, and it works wonderfully. You're welcome for that feature (and I'm sure someone at DE got tired of me hounding them for it until we got it).

As at work, there are two teams. The team "no unread email", and the team "I have 3479 unread emails and I'm not sure if any was important, as if I cared"

We know which team you're in !

Personally I just read & remove every time Baro & Stalker wants to tell me something very interesting

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BalaDeSilver said:

This goes on until you open the mail, which I don't care for, I know Baro is back, I know Stalker marked me, I don't care, just let me play the game in peace, this is driving me insane.

The point of the notifications is to alert you so you check it - it does this on returns to orbiter too IIRC, it's supposed to help you not forget and read it. The easiest solution is just take the 5s every 2 weeks to click on the message and mark it as read. I don't think devs are going to spend time creating an "inbox notifications" toggle that people can set and forget about (and then complain later that they "never got an inbox notification" for an item or gift).

17 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

The point of the notifications is to alert you so you check it - it does this on returns to orbiter too IIRC, it's supposed to help you not forget and read it. The easiest solution is just take the 5s every 2 weeks to click on the message and mark it as read. I don't think devs are going to spend time creating an "inbox notifications" toggle that people can set and forget about (and then complain later that they "never got an inbox notification" for an item or gift).

Just increase the timer to 60s, being bombarded every 10s is the problem here...

1 hour ago, BalaDeSilver said:

Just increase the timer to 60s, being bombarded every 10s is the problem here...

I would've put that in your original post then - it sounded like you wanted to straight up disable the alerts forever, saying "let me play the game in peace, this is driving me insane".

I still think it's just as easy to just read the inbox message when it pops up though, they are honestly not that frequent and it seems like most people are not that bothered by them / have this issue.